Reputation System  

81 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What would you like to happen to the voting system?

• Have the ability to up-vote and down-vote as much as you can
    • Have an unlimited up-votes and limited down-votes (Current System)
    • ONLY up-votes allowed NO down-votes
    • No Reputation at all.

Farq-S    371
3 minutes ago, kinda said:

I know right. I though everyone had this, that's why I was a bit confused by some posts. Now I understand :P.

why am I privileged tho xD

my guess is you probably shouldn't be able to see that screen but your account has been given it by accident. @[CM] BigTuna, what's the deal with this? turn this on for everyone

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 1

seekax    167

I only use the upvote button if i agree with someone and have nothing to add. I don't use the downvote button in general, it equates to saying 'no you are wrong' without giving any counterarguments, a knockout argument, which is just poor style. I don't know why displaying the names of those who downvoted would change anything for the better, it would basically just incentivise retaliation and cause downvote wars. Might as well remove the button all together, it doesn't add anything of value to the forums. The upvote button has a right to exist as it removes the +1 spam which just clutters up the forums.

Edited by seekax

Farq-S    371
44 minutes ago, seekax said:

I only use the upvote button if i agree with someone and have nothing to add. I don't use the downvote button in general, it equates to saying 'no you are wrong' without giving any counterarguments, a knockout argument, which is just poor style. I don't know why displaying the names of those who downvoted would change anything for the better, it would basically just incentivise retaliation and cause downvote wars. Might as well remove the button all together, it doesn't add anything of value to the forums. The upvote button has a right to exist as it removes the +1 spam which just clutters up the forums.

completely agree with you there but we didn't know that some people can see who voted when most of us can't. all of us should see them or all of us should not.

kinda    44

Awww ! Who want to know who's downvoting for nothing ? xD

Haha just kidding :P

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    189

I had this " glitch" and saw who downvoted/upvoted and what not. So I did my own research on a couple people that were heavily downvoted for no reason and it seems that there are people who target certain people's posts. It is consistent with almost every one of their posts, including a few of mine. The same people downvoted that person's posts every time no matter the content. I honestly liked the fact i was able to see who did what lol 

• Upvote 2

Farq-S    371
1 hour ago, DukeNukem said:

I had this " glitch" and saw who downvoted/upvoted and what not. So I did my own research on a couple people that were heavily downvoted for no reason and it seems that there are people who target certain people's posts. It is consistent with almost every one of their posts, including a few of mine. The same people downvoted that person's posts every time no matter the content. I honestly liked the fact i was able to see who did what lol 

doesn't surprise me. i know conversations go on on discord and DMs where a handful of people agree to target individuals. it's quite pitiful to be honest.

DukeNukem    189
24 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

doesn't surprise me. i know conversations go on on discord and DMs where a handful of people agree to target individuals. it's quite pitiful to be honest.

couldn't agree more...its absolutely pitiful....

xXclusiivE    3
53 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

I've caught a few people bringing my name up in discord and the discussion was not kind or mature in any way. Little did they know that my forum name and discord name is not the same. xD

Edited by xXclusiivE

FrosteR    185

Not sure why people care so much about some up or downvotes on a forum anyway. Just wait for the goddamn game to release and kick some ass.

• Upvote 1

seekax    167
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

Mind sharing some proof for the targeting that's apparently going on? Sure people might not have the nicest stuff to say about certain individuals on here, but going from tattling to organized downvote brigading is quite the leap.

xXclusiivE    3
1 minute ago, seekax said:

Mind sharing some proof for the targeting that's apparently going on? Sure people might not have the nicest stuff to say about certain individuals on here, but going from tattling to organized downvote brigading is quite the leap.

No need to share proof then start an even bigger argument. I have proof because I confronted some individuals so all the proof is in my DM's but its too inappropriate to share publicly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Farq-S    371
1 minute ago, seekax said:

i've never named names and i'm not starting now. don't care enough to bother anyway.

seekax    167
1 minute ago, xXclusiivE said:

No need to share proof then start an even bigger argument. I have proof because I confronted some individuals so all the proof is in my DM's but its too inappropriate to share publicly.

Just now, Farq-S said:

i've never named names and i'm not starting now. don't care enough to bother anyway.

Then why bring it up in the first place. If you are going to accuse people of wrongdoing on the discord, commit to it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
2 minutes ago, seekax said:

Then why bring it up in the first place. If you are going to accuse people of wrongdoing on the discord, commit to it.

You're only getting defensive because you yourself have joined one of the discussions that I have witnessed over there.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

seekax    167
11 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

You're only getting defensive because you yourself have joined one of the discussions that I have witnessed over there.

I have no problem with putting my name under anything i've said on discord and i certainly regret none of it. Anything negative i said on there about anyone i will gladly say in their presence as well, i'm not the type of person who blows smoke up anyone's bottom.

What am i being defensive about, i'm confronting you lot about what's essentially a rhetorical sucker punch. Have the courage to call someone out directly instead of this underhand stuff and give them the opportunity to retort.

Edited by seekax
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Farq-S    371
9 minutes ago, seekax said:

I have no problem with putting my name under anything i've said on discord and i certainly regret none of it. Anything negative i said on there about anyone i will gladly say in their presence as well, i'm not the type of person who blows smoke up anyone's bottom.

What am i being defensive about, i'm confronting you lot about what's essentially a rhetorical sucker punch. Have the courage to call someone out directly instead of this underhand stuff and give them the opportunity to retort.

retort? who? no-one's been named.

• Downvote 1

seekax    167
4 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

That's the point, isn't it. People are implied, but nobody is directly called out. You get to complain about people without having to deal with an actual conflict.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    189
7 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

dont feed into this....some people poke at it all day and dont let up, if they were professional enough they would PM you and take it there if it is such interest to them to know who it is.

Secondly its not about the fake +1 or -1, its about the principle of the thing. If you are going to use a system like this it should be for the right reason. Some people are abusing it and that is why there is a huge discussion on it and how some people, including me, would really like to see people own up to their decisions and to eliminate the trolls and toxicity from the forums. We didn't have this problem for a while then now closer to release we see an influx of it and its absolutely disgusting. People have stopped checking the forums because of it and many of the conversations within the topics are no more than one person saying "im better than you deal with it and you suck. My opinion matters more than yours and so there *crosses arms* *hmpf*" like a child.

Some people who came in here who are "pro gamers" and other "competitive type" personalities have really stirred the pot quite abit and then you have the randoms who just like to troll

Edited by DukeNukem
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Farq-S    371
3 minutes ago, seekax said:

That's the point, isn't it. People are implied, but nobody is directly called out. You get to complain about people without having to deal with an actual conflict.

no names, no conflict. precisely what we need less of in the forums.

ZeakQ    8
3 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Some people who came in here who are "pro gamers" and other "competitive type" personalities have really stirred the pot quite abit and then you have the randoms who just like to troll

You know this game is competitive right?

ofc you'll have competitive types and pro gamers here... and why are you blaming them? there is a saying "clean up your own shit before complaining about someone elses" 

DukeNukem    189
Just now, ZeakQ said:

You know this game is competitive right?

ofc you'll have competitive types and pro gamers here... and why are you blaming them? there is a saying "clean up your own shit before complaining about someone elses" 

10201233.png

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

seekax    167
Just now, Farq-S said:

no names, no conflict. precisely what we need less of in the forums.

So you can trashtalk people all you want, as long as you don't name names and only allude to their identity? That's certainly what this forum needs, a bunch of passive aggressive dudes pushing each other's buttons. Always gotta have that backdoor open to make sure you have an exit when the shit you fling comes flying back.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    189
Just now, seekax said:

So you can trashtalk people all you want, as long as you don't name names and only allude to their identity? That's certainly what this forum needs, a bunch of passive aggressive dudes pushing each other's buttons. Always gotta have that backdoor open to make sure you have an exit when the shit you fling comes flying back.

here is a poke at you seek, guilty conscience? ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Farq-S    371
2 minutes ago, seekax said:

yup