Reputation System  

81 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What would you like to happen to the voting system?

• Have the ability to up-vote and down-vote as much as you can
    • Have an unlimited up-votes and limited down-votes (Current System)
    • ONLY up-votes allowed NO down-votes
    • No Reputation at all.

16 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

why are people voting down @xXclusiivE? i don't get it...he is making valid points about what is happening to him when posts. This is why i want a public view of the people who voted or no voting system at all. There are people who target others for no reason......

Good luck getting a solid answer..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People take downvotes too personally, IMO it just means you don't agree, not a big problem and should be allowed to stay.

If we can express the like of a post, we should be able to express our dislike too. If there is targeting from a selection of users abusing the vote then remove their ability to use the votes.

@xXclusiivE upvotes can be for meme or w/e, an upvote is indication that your post was LIKED not strictly constructive to the game.

Sorry for double post. Can't edit/merge.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

I vote for #3 because at this point the current system is just being abused for the "Lulz" and trying to "trigger" people. Trolling should not be acceptable so like I said option #3 gets my vote.

EDIT: I also feel that the up vote is being tossed around too much as well. This is just my opinion only but I feel an up vote should be given when said person is being constructive towards the game or community not because they posted a funny meme that one enjoys.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here mate, people downvote you because tend to be confrontational and people commonly disagree with you. Then when you receive downvotes, you take it personally and complain about receiving downvotes, resulting in more downvotes (nobody likes a whinger).

Edited by jcuz
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

@[CM] BigTuna

The way this is going now it looks like "ONLY up-votes allowed NO down-votes" will be the one, my question is will you guys reset points when the new system is implemented? All points or just all downvotes or leave as be?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jcuz said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with you here mate, people downvote you because tend to be confrontational and people commonly disagree with you. Then when you receive downvotes, you take it personally and complain about receiving downvotes, resulting in more downvotes (nobody likes a whinger).

By all means go back and look at my post history..

• Downvote 2

No need to check the @xXclusiivE's post history, we just have to read his posts here and we are seeing he is systematically downvoted. If those guys could explain why they are doing it, it will interesting.
This is this kind of behavior which cause problem with the current system.
This is this kind of behavior which make the forum toxic and less friendly.

-------------------------------------------

IPS allows 2 types of reputations : 
1 - "Likes" (like Facebook)
2 - up/down vote. This type of vote can be managed in three different ways

rep.jpg.ed4707d3cee2bbdacc9e66c55a40fbd8.jpg

IMHO, the 1st is what we should have in this kind of forum. (even if the 1st and the 3th are similar 9_9) It is the most basic. Can be anonymous too.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

i didn't want to be the only one to highlight @xXclusiivE's treatment in this very thread as a prime example of the toxicity being brought into this forum by just 2 or 3 people which another 2 or 3 people make worse by jumping on the bandwagon.

Can we not just remove their ability to vote? If they are abusing.

I'm pretty sure the forum rules are "don't be a dick or get banned" (something similar anyway)

• Upvote 1

What's the point in the system? Can you get something of it or is it just to see who "better" than the other.

I do understand why ToonBE get downvoted every single time, but why is it there?

edit:

And yes, i haven't searched for the answer or followed this forum that much.

Edited by zabo

I like the reputation system as it is now, but it should be disabled in the off-topic forums. (I voted on option #4, fail...)

Also a big +1 for a system which shows who used the reputation system. ToonBE may know his fellow Belgian (moi) mostly thumbs his silly posts down. (lol)

The reputation system should encourage good contributions, but it doesn't may increase the activity of dem leet trolls who target some of us and thumb all their posts down. 

These forums were way more chill and relaxed in the beginning. :( /Endrant

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Farq-S said:

i didn't want to be the only one to highlight @xXclusiivE's treatment in this very thread as a prime example of the toxicity being brought into this forum by just 2 or 3 people which another 2 or 3 people make worse by jumping on the bandwagon.

Not trying to be "toxic", just trying to explain what I see going on. I don't think it's a bandwagon thing, he simply just says things that a lot of people disagree with or that people view as poor quality posts, I've personally bit my tongue a few times. I don't think anyone has a vendetta against the guy.

I think the current system works fine, as stated by others it encourages users to post constructive, on topic content. I think that most of the highly downvotes posts across the forum, are usually not good posts. One thing that could help the system is to remove the public view of a users total +/-, but keeping it public per post, to make people judge every post as it's own rather than who it's from.

21 minutes ago, jcuz said:

Not trying to be "toxic", just trying to explain what I see going on. I don't think it's a bandwagon thing, he simply just says things that a lot of people disagree with or that people view as poor quality posts, I've personally bit my tongue a few times. I don't think anyone has a vendetta against the guy.

I think the current system works fine, as stated by others it encourages users to post constructive, on topic content. I think that most of the highly downvotes posts across the forum, are usually not good posts. One thing that could help the system is to remove the public view of a users total +/-, but keeping it public per post, to make people judge every post as it's own rather than who it's from.

Oh but they do xD Like I have stated before, even some of my person story's have seen a massive down vote. Like really a thread dedicated to telling everyone how you got your game name and my story gets a down vote but all others around me get up votes or stay neutral. Lets be real here lol

I mean, just looking now it was only 1 downvote, and it seems you were on a bit of a hot streak..

5918edf2ea2a5_2017-05-1509_51_18-xXclusiivE-Page3-Battalion1944-CommunityForums.thumb.jpg.7186114ed32b18a48dc3010dce86ae82.jpg5918edf5b1ced_2017-05-1509_51_07-xXclusiivE-Page3-Battalion1944-CommunityForums.thumb.jpg.d1a53bd9fa8ca021463f396c95440ef0.jpg

17 minutes ago, jcuz said:

I mean, just looking now it was only 1 downvote, and it seems you were on a bit of a hot streak..

5918edf2ea2a5_2017-05-1509_51_18-xXclusiivE-Page3-Battalion1944-CommunityForums.thumb.jpg.7186114ed32b18a48dc3010dce86ae82.jpg5918edf5b1ced_2017-05-1509_51_07-xXclusiivE-Page3-Battalion1944-CommunityForums.thumb.jpg.d1a53bd9fa8ca021463f396c95440ef0.jpg

The funny thing is that all those down votes didn't come till after I made This topic.. So some sore people after reading that went back through my post history and started down voting every post I made. In one day I think I received (guess) 25-30 down votes. Now by my calculations a person is aloud only 5 per day so there was a few people in the mix.

I think not being able to downvote would be a huge improvement. For one, if you have 0 votes and no one responds and quotes you then people are still discussing other parts of the idea for the most part. It would also as some have said mean that people would have to reply and put their opinion in the thread rather than just downvoting you, which is what normally happens.

Secondly, it would also mean that peoples upvotes might become more precious hopefully, with people using them not on a friend on the forums, but on an idea or version of an idea they like, or a counter point to show their support. On the other hand, I think that people might do the "positive" version of just downvoting someones post and moving on, where they don't actually give the reasons for them liking or agreeing with a point. I understand the whole thing of "if someone agrees with a view, they agree with it" mentality and so surely they just need to upvote it. Not knowing why someone agrees with another persons view and not yours can be kinda annoying, especially when your views might be very similar. If we were able to cherry pick, I would say have a decreased number of upvotes to make them more precious. If you cant upvote everything, you might decide to only upvote the posts with actual points in them surrounding a debate. I would then have no downvoting to encourage debate and discussion, and lastly have people who upvote a post listed as upvoting a post.

• Upvote 1

Im going to go with #2

I think your up-votes and down-votes should be unlimited with one thing; if you down-vote someone you HAVE to attach a "note" explaining why. I think it would keep the trolls at bay (mostly) and would help the person they down-voted to understand why someone did it. It brings more discussions instead of someone getting down-voted a lot without even knowing why (you could probably make an estimated guess). I truly believe if people had more open discussions (NOT arguments) almost all things would be talked out with well collected thoughts. 

How I would implement the "note" system.. that would be the tricky part. You could have 150 chars max, and when you click on the down-vote button it would bring you to another "page" where all the down-votes could be. This would be less clutter on the main "posts" page.. but this may cause way more storage. I dont really know how forums work for storing/saving data. If that would be to much, then you could have the user click on the down-vote button and have it be at 50-75 chars with no usernames just the reason. It would all come down below the "post" as if it where a drop down. I doubt any post would have so many down-votes it would make you scroll an eternity.. but i could be wrong. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, dasATOMiC said:

Im going to go with #2

I think your up-votes and down-votes should be unlimited with one thing; if you down-vote someone you HAVE to attach a "note" explaining why. I think it would keep the trolls at bay (mostly) and would help the person they down-voted to understand why someone did it. It brings more discussions instead of someone getting down-voted a lot without even knowing why (you could probably make an estimated guess). I truly believe if people had more open discussions (NOT arguments) almost all things would be talked out with well collected thoughts. 

How I would implement the "note" system.. that would be the tricky part. You could have 150 chars max, and when you click on the down-vote button it would bring you to another "page" where all the down-votes could be. This would be less clutter on the main "posts" page.. but this may cause way more storage. I dont really know how forums work for storing/saving data. If that would be to much, then you could have the user click on the down-vote button and have it be at 50-75 chars with no usernames just the reason. It would all come down below the "post" as if it where a drop down. I doubt any post would have so many down-votes it would make you scroll an eternity.. but i could be wrong. 

That would also solve a lot of issues, +1 from me

By the way, for those who didn't know, you can see who downvoted or upvoted you by clicking on the icon on the bottom right corner of your post.

I voted for the current system for already given reason in this thread. I'd suggest a bit more moderation, I stopped posting a while ago because of the way it's going.

39 minutes ago, kinda said:

By the way, for those who didn't know, you can see who downvoted or upvoted you by clicking on the icon on the bottom right corner of your post.

Where? I can't find it. I'm super blind or the thing does not exist.

11 minutes ago, skitelo said:

Where? I can't find it. I'm super blind or the thing does not exist.

bat1944.jpg

3 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

clicking that icon does nothing for me either.

Weird. Here's what I have :

bat1944.jpg

1 minute ago, kinda said:

Weird. Here's what I have :

bat1944.jpg

Jeez! i've never seen that screen. would certainly change things if everyone could see this screen.

I know right. I though everyone had this, that's why I was a bit confused by some posts. Now I understand :P.

why am I privileged tho xD