Sign in to follow this  
jcuz

Mapping: CoD4 citystreets

ono    45
2 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

City has a B site? Power Gaming 2k10 tactics, 12 rounds slow A. :D

and why was that? cause you can't rush B with more than one guy because of all the exploding cars...

• Upvote 2

FrosteR    185
10 minutes ago, ono said:

and why was that? cause you can't rush B with more than one guy because of all the exploding cars...

Yeah hate the cars on catwalk :(

RUDLAR    13
On 22/5/2017 at 6:11 PM, ono said:

Good to see you here David, been a long time ;)

you could almost make this map look like dod_caen/merderet or dod_anzio ... all combined into one almost the exact layout...

i loved the way day of defeat skined there game.... yes i know its dated... but it was 12 years ago lol that was good

Anzio_dod1map.png

dod_donner0062b.jpg

dod_goodwood0000.jpg

Hl_2011-09-30_01-42-16-63.jpg

sturm1.jpg

j6k4    19

How far you could throw nades in cod4 was actually one of the main reasons why so many rounds were decided within first 3-5 seconds by a nade kill. how powerful they were in general was down to their damage and effective radius. let's be honest in cod4 promod there was a lot of nade kills, especially in comparison to other fps games :D  I really hope that in Battalion they won't be as powerful + so easy to get kills with, or at least I hope they will be a bit different. They should be more of a challenge than just lining up a pixel at the start of each each round to get an easy kill and spam LÖL binds Kappa. Make nades so that players will use them more mid round/late round and manage their resources differently. You'd see players in cod4 saving a nade for mid/late round occasionally (mostly scopes/AKs) but most of the time people would just get rid of the nade soon as the round starts because it was the most effective and easiest thing to do and they were taking their chances, rather chuck a long distance nade and hope to cause some damage than die and not do any nade damage at all. Unless they were saving it to nade a bombsite or a common camping spot late round. 

and the exploding cars ? that's another treat... 

tl;dr I agree the nades and exploding cars were brutal in promod. Definitely played a big decisive role in many rounds. 

Edited by j6k4

Jester    4

Funnily enough I was in the middle of recreating citystreets but into a world war 2 theme for Battalion, reformatted my PC and forgot to back it up :/ I had finished the layout and everything, just needed to skin the place and add stuff like cars/boxes/etc. Absolutely gutted :(

Go for it though, sounds like a good idea!

HypeRNT    6

yeah having some of the classic maps would be awesome, especially if they are decently made, always great fun.

BAB    0

I actually started making my own map inspired by the mid fights of city streets! Didnt get very far but this is what i have. Some major changes but the idea of having smokes thrown to avoid the snipers .ripstreets1.png

Edited by BAB
adding more information