Today was my fist day ever I played without mouse acceleration (I think.. maybe there was no mouse acceleration 10 years ago..?)

Do you guys play with mouse acceleration ON or OFF?

Never realized is was on until I was watched a video:

Edited by WeAsOne

Always OFF. Your muscle memory is completely useless when you have it ON. In any fps game, you need reliability and accuracy, so when you want to aim on something, it's about you and your muscle memory and not about how fast are you moving your mouse. That's also why any serious fps player will invest in a mouse with a good sensor, so it won't have any negative software acceleration implemented inside.

Definitely have it off. I hate when games have it on default, and make it a pain to take it off. 

Classic case of personal preference. As long as there's an option for raw input, everyone will be happy!

Personally, acceleration off, raw input all the way.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chippy said:

Classic case of personal preference. As long as there's an option for raw input, everyone will be happy!

Personally, acceleration off, raw input all the way.

Yep,what he said ^^

24 minutes ago, Jakovec12 said:

Never used it and i m fine with that.

I was thinking I never used it, but on windows it's standard ON...

So I posted this to help other people that are just as stupid as me xD

I used to play it ON for many years. I began to see better results having it off.

Mouse accel is generally a bad thing to use because it completely destroys any consistency in your aim. 

15 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Mouse accel is generally a bad thing to use because it completely destroys any consistency in your aim. 

That's a misconception. I know plenty of people with strong aim who use accel, all you need is predictable settings.

Just now, seekax said:

That's a misconception. I know plenty of people with strong aim who use accel, all you need is predictable settings.

Well sure, some people can deal with it, but it's no secret nearly every single top player in any game has accel turned off.

1 minute ago, FrosteR said:

Well sure, some people can deal with it, but it's no secret nearly every single top player in any game has accel turned off.

That is different from community to community. In quake using accel at a high level isn't that uncommon. You may be able to be a bit more consistent without accel, but you can play at a way lower sensitivity which easily makes up for that difference. Having the tracking aim of very low sens and the ability to turn 180 degrees quickly at the same time is a good advantage to have. Really only when you flick it's hard to get consistent, but that problem goes away when you have an accel cap.

Surprisingly many wondered that I didn't have Mouse Acceleration:ON @ CoD2-lan in Münich. It seems it's quite popular in that scene, too.

And I remember myself being really consistent with Mouse Accel:ON in CoD1 even though I flicked almost constantly.

I'm not sure if Windows XP and Windows 7/10 have different kinds of acceleration in their default settings, but I think they vary, too.

my vote is, Mouse Acceleration OFF.  I've never found a need for it and more often than not it is flaky while in game. Moreover with most mice having adjustable DPI on the fly mouse acceleration is even less needed than ever.