PartyMan_1TF1

Revolutionize Competitive Play

Soldat Ryan    348

Can you guys keep the line and stop ranting. This is useless and unproductive.

Back to the thread. Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Farq-S    370
11 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Can you guys keep the line and stop ranting. This is useless and unproductive.

Back to the thread. Thank you.

you're right. no problem.

ToonBE    254
1 hour ago, FrosteR said:

This is relevant because YOU are telling people who have 100x more experience than you to shut up if they don't have any experience.
So if people without experience need to shut up, you clearly need to be quiet more than anyone judging by your post above.
Experience or not, everyone is allowed their opinion and you are nobody to judge that, ESPECIALLY if you lack any sort of meaningful experience yourself lol.

Our 'pro' gamer at it again. You are hilarious.

I havnt seen you make 1 argument why ESL is good.

w/e this is a stupid community anyways. It's all about nodding yes and every dif. oppinion is downvoted.

1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

i've blocked you in the past but i had to unblock you so i can read comical comments like this. the sheer ignorance and absence of self-awareness is breathtaking.

What is so bad about this comment? are you that sensitive that this hurts your feelings?

If you don't know FaceIT or ESL and you state just wrong things + not giving any pro or contra arguments, than it is idd better to not comment.

but stopped caring about this looooong ago haha

never encountered such narrow thinking over sensitive people on the internet

• Downvote 10

FrosteR    185
28 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Our 'pro' gamer at it again. You are hilarious.

I havnt seen you make 1 argument why ESL is good.

w/e this is a stupid community anyways. It's all about nodding yes and every dif. oppinion is downvoted.

What is so bad about this comment? are you that sensitive that this hurts your feelings?

If you don't know FaceIT or ESL and you state just wrong things + not giving any pro or contra arguments, than it is idd better to not comment.

but stopped caring about this looooong ago haha

never encountered such narrow thinking over sensitive people on the internet

When did I ever brag about anything related to pro-gaming? Not sure why it is hilarious, never even brought it up because it isn't relevant. This just makes you sound jealous man, not nice.
ESL is big and will help a lot with the activity and marketing of a game and getting it known to a big audience.
The only narrow minded person here is you and you always completely shut down anyone with a different opinion, not the other way around. You need a forum ban (again?) so we can actually have proper discussions again. If you ''stopped caring so long ago'' why are you still posting within 15 minutes every single time someone replies to you?

Edited by FrosteR
  • Upvote 1

DarkMortyr    76

One doesn't have to be a genius to know that ESL has a huge success all over the world and is the main scene for any competitive game. It went through a lot of difficulties in the past but they managed to deal with it and they raised the whole esport scene. I can't imagine where we would be without them. 

There is a nice interview with ESL's VP - Michal "Carmac" Blicharz (I like that man):

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/517705-carmac-on-sc2-iem-prestige-history-and-legacy-is-tremendous-in-starcraft-ii-and-that-is-not-something-that-should-be-discarded-lightly

Part2: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/overwatch/517744-carmac-interview-part-2-overwatch-league-iems-evolution-and-esports-investment-bubble

Edited by DarkMortyr
  • Upvote 3

Freakshow    173
4 hours ago, FrosteR said:

This is relevant because YOU are telling people who have 100x more experience than you to shut up if they don't have any experience.
So if people without experience need to shut up, you clearly need to be quiet more than anyone judging by your post above.
Experience or not, everyone is allowed their opinion and you are nobody to judge that, ESPECIALLY if you lack any sort of meaningful experience yourself lol.

Waste of time bringing up legitimate points like yours because he totally ignores them 100% of the time. Anything that isn't in his line of thought doesn't even register in his brain.

You could literally be the most decorated esports player of all time, if you don't think exactly like he does then you know nothing, even if you bring a bundle of proof showing otherwise.

• Upvote 2

Well I guess at some point in the past he got pissed about ESL for some reason (maybe it was too complicated, maybe he got into conflict and it was resolved the way he didn't like), but I mean come on. Yes FaceIt is good, but so is ESL. Both of them have their flaws and both of them have their merits (or whatever they are called :D English is not my specialty). Let's just sit and wait until devs themselves decides what is good and what is bad.

And yeah... There are a lot of people like that who just won't accept any other opinion that differs from their own. The best way is avoid getting into fights like this. I feel like these kind of people enjoy irritating other people while trying to push their own opinion in.

Edited by Andrey2dashes
Typo
  • Upvote 1

WeAsOne    220

Cool that Bulkhead Interactive is talking to ESL.. love to see where it brings the best of us.. :)

DukeNukem    189

since its going nowhere, i think someone has it out for me on the forum lolol everyday i come back and i have less and less rep points!!! ive lost like 20-30 rep points in a week nd my activity doesn't show any difference in who upvoted or downvoted what...so idk!! I WAS SO CLOSE TO 200!!! WAAAHHH :( @Soldat Ryan save me!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

DukeNukem    189
34 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Poor Duke. I m working on it !! May be we should start a "Dukethon" lool :P

soldat you my heart sing, you make EEEVVVERRYYYTHING groovyyy

• Downvote 4

ToonBE    254
16 hours ago, Freakshow said:

Waste of time bringing up legitimate points like yours because he totally ignores them 100% of the time. Anything that isn't in his line of thought doesn't even register in his brain.

You could literally be the most decorated esports player of all time, if you don't think exactly like he does then you know nothing, even if you bring a bundle of proof showing otherwise.

you think this are valid points??:

"This is relevant because YOU are telling people who have 100x more experience than you to shut up if they don't have any experience.
Experience or not, everyone is allowed their opinion and you are nobody to judge that, ESPECIALLY if you lack any sort of meaningful experience yourself lol."

It's just a dude being mad thinking he has got level 999999 in competitive play because he was some kind of "pro" in c a l l o f d u t y.

Let me tell you the problem with this thread:

You can only say nice things about ESL. If you don't say nice things about ESL, you are downvoted and you receive hate. Even when you give reasonable arguments as to why ESL as a platform for a competitive game is outdated as f*ck.

You guys diddnt even consider FaceIt might be the better option, for the sole reason its not ESL even when FaceIt is superior in so many ways. It's the new way of playing competitive games in 2017. Completely automated, nice prices to be won every day, good anti cheat solution, etc..

It's just sad really this forum. I havnt seen any comment as to why ESL might be the better option compared to FaceIt. It's just hate because someone dared to say that ESL is bad.

Like 50% of the active guys on this forum only care about their "reputation". It's not what a forum is for. This was to be a discussion about ESL and ESL vs other providers, but it was just downvoting everything not related to ESL and stating that ESL is the best.

gg lol

nothing_to_do_here_gif_by_cartoonzack-d5

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Masser    51
2 hours ago, ToonBE said:

"This is relevant because YOU are telling people who have 100x more experience than you to shut up if they don't have any experience.
Experience or not, everyone is allowed their opinion and you are nobody to judge that, ESPECIALLY if you lack any sort of meaningful experience yourself lol."

It's just a dude being mad thinking he has got level 999999 in competitive play because he was some kind of "pro" in c a l l o f d u t y.

Let me tell you the problem with this thread:

You can only say nice things about ESL. If you don't say nice things about ESL, you are downvoted and you receive hate. Even when you give reasonable arguments as to why ESL as a platform for a competitive game is outdated as f*ck.

You guys diddnt even consider FaceIt might be the better option, for the sole reason its not ESL even when FaceIt is superior in so many ways. It's the new way of playing competitive games in 2017. Completely automated, nice prices to be won every day, good anti cheat solution, etc..

It's just sad really this forum. I havnt seen any comment as to why ESL might be the better option compared to FaceIt. It's just hate because someone dared to say that ESL is bad.

Like 50% of the active guys on this forum only care about their "reputation". It's not what a forum is for. This was to be a discussion about ESL and ESL vs other providers, but it was just downvoting everything not related to ESL and stating that ESL is the best.

gg lol

nothing_to_do_here_gif_by_cartoonzack-d5

To be honest, I was going to post my middling opinion of the ESL 4-5 days ago but never got around to it.

The ESL does provide more coverage, access to shout-casters, money and experience, but for the user it was middling. It wasn't the worst cup and competitive gaming site out there, but when Insurgency was still supported by the ESL I tried to create a team and enter us into a community cup, and it took me an hour or there about to do so. Firstly, it just took a while to find my players, because it had a full list of every player in the ESL for Insurgency (admittedly in alphabetical order.) which was around 500 players, and so each time you had to scroll through and click on the player name. When you need to do this 10 times, it gets boring. I then figured out how to give what were essentially mod perms (team organiser I think it was) to allow that player to add others and remove them as well from the team, so that it wasn't just down to me to do the adding and removal of players. That was slightly hidden and took 5 minutes to find.

In terms of website issues, the main issue was essentially a lack of easy accessibility and ability to be able to navigate the website.

The next bunch of issues we had was with ESL Wire. Don't get me wrong, ESL Wire in Insurgency was the best AC we had considering New World Interactive used a manual VAC game ban system, it was a comfort to have. A few hackers were actually only caught down to ESL Wire, where it was the files that gave them away despite their demos not looking fishy. Here is the main issue we faced though: It crashed. Often. I had two or three times over a week where it crashed mid game and I had to restart as you could be disqualified or penalised for not having ESL Wire up during the match. One of my other players also was on a Mac, and Wire didn't support Mac at the time, and so he had to record demos, which was fine, but for him just a bit annoying as he then had to remember at the beginning of each match remember to do "record name" in the player console.

Despite these, I do like ESL. I think that more people would recognise the ESL over Faceit down to Faceit having only done CS as far as I am aware (I may be wrong, don't quote me on which games Faceit has supported) and so it may not have the brand recognition the ESL does.

Faceit though does have a nice automated system from the two matches I played, and it was quite smooth and it didn't need any hassle. Their plugin made it pretty painless and seem smoother. I don't know how plugins will be managed in Battalion due to it being on Unreal and all of my plugin experience is on Source, but I imagine if you know how to code and compile a file you will be able to make a server side plugin easily enough. Due to that, it might take away Faceit's main selling point of being automated if anyone can make a plugin that automates the game. Their matchmaking might be a bit different case for Faceit as it is quite well viewed, but I know ESL had ESL Versus which if they
can get down to a good level would be able to operate as a ladder. Whether the developers will work with the ESL to incorporate ESL Versus or another provider into the game, both could do it, I just think that the ESL could potentially offer more if and when the game reaches the point of having five and six figure cups and tournaments internationally over Faceit.

Both have their downsides, but whichever one the developers would consider, I would go with it because there will only be one shot at this. In my mind, if everyone who wants to play this at a high level doesn't put their hearts into competing, then you might lose your chance to make it at all big. Because of this, I am willing to take a smaller brand or a bad website, I will love the game anyhow.

• Upvote 2

Ryssk    23
4 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Says the guy who comments like this the first thing he did:

"ESL sucks.

They need to convince FaceIt."

Wow, what a great contribution to the topic! Perfectly well valid points there! Top notch i would say...

Now now.. let's talk about Faceit.. the problem with the function is that there's waaaaayyyyy tooo many smurfs.. compared to ESL organised games. And how many games does FACEIT support at this point? I think they've tried with several different type of games, but none seem to have flourished well.. and soon the project has been dead.

So.. for CSGO FACEIT is better than ESEA (ESEA is used for the NA people mostly, FACEIT more approached by the EU players). 

For every game out there then you'll have to go with ESL, doesnt matter what you say.. It doesnt suck.. it's just "complex" for those who doesnt even have a slight patience. Faceit is great at integrating fast user experience... pretty much 3 clicks with your mouse and you're already in the QUEUE.

But when we're talking about prizes.. so far ESL is way ahead with prize pool and tournaments.. yet they somehow "suck" for you? Have you tried ESL lately btw? I mean with the new design and integrations

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    254
16 minutes ago, Ryssk said:

Says the guy who comments like this the first thing he did:

"ESL sucks.

They need to convince FaceIt."

Wow, what a great contribution to the topic! Perfectly well valid points there! Top notch i would say...

yep, that is the only thing I have said in this thread.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

[CM] BigTuna    553

Okay, I'm going to lock this thread. It's spiraled into another argument. You guys need to quell your beef. Seriously. It's starting to make certain threads AIDS to read. I'm going to start warning people for being inconsiderate and disrespectful to others. You think people coming onto these forums want to see this, it makes both you and us look bad. Also you just hijacked a persons thread to have your argument in whilst he was talking about his own issues. Not cool guys.

If you want to argue about these things then start a discord server called ESL vs Faceit and do it in there lol!

You're all entitled to your opinion but ya'll saying this whilst hating on each other for their opinion. Some people think ESL is shit because they've probably had bad experiences with them. You might not have had that experience so just be a bit more understanding and stop the groaning please.

If more and more posts start descending into mud slinging then I'm going to have to start warning and banning people because this isn't a place for that. 

Be happy. Ya'll love the same games so you have that in common. Talk sh*t to each other about other stuff in your own time lol!

Tuna

• Upvote 12