PartyMan_1TF1

Revolutionize Competitive Play

43 posts in this topic

Dear Battalion 1944 Development Group

A Little about us! The Firm Gaming community consist of 10 active members. Throughout the years the same 10 members have been together for about 12 years competing in all of the call of duty series games. We were active in some more than others. Starting out in 2005 on Call of Duty Big Red One PlayStation 2. We have had over 100 members come and go through the years but the 10 core players have remained together.

Our goal! We are writing to potentially form a partnership that benefits us and the gaming community, which is almost endless in its growing size. We would like to recommend competitive integration that would change the way competitive play is organized and played, starting with battalion 1944. Our ideas are new and innovative in that respect and we would love to be a part of the testers and organizers of that aspect of the game. Our goals are to get rid of the middle men in competitive play and make competitive play more accessible to players in game.

The future! Going back to the basics is what everyone has been waiting for in a game. Making changes to how competitive play is organized is what console gaming has been missing throughout the years. Many sites have come and gone. Sites that are still around are plagued with terrible pay for play advantages cheaters take advantage of. Our partnership and ideas will hopefully revolutionize how completive play is conducted.

We would love to discuss more in private about our ideas. We hope that you consider our advice, we have been around for over 12 years in console gaming. We look forward to playing Battalion 1944 on PS4 competitively and we hope that we can make positive difference in the game. Thank you for your time and reading our proposal.

Sincerely,

1TF1 The Firm Gaming Community

1TF1.com

just a heads up for you guys - the PC version of this game releases way ahead of the console version (probably months before at the very least). the game is being developed with a focus on the competitive PC scene. the alpha, beta and early access are all PC only as well.

Brammer said in an interview with @DustMouret that they have had talks with ESL. ESL seemed interested in Battalion, nothing is confirmed tho. 

Cool thing to note that some people misunderstand. It's not the developer that chooses their game to be an Esport-title...

It's Esports that chooses the game. 

Thought it would be worth sharing :)

Welcome aboard guys :)

On 1-5-2017 at 3:56 AM, ZeakQ said:

Brammer said in an interview with @DustMouret that they have had talks with ESL. ESL seemed interested in Battalion, nothing is confirmed tho. 

ESL sucks.

They need to convince FaceIt.

50 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

ESL sucks.

Why exactly does ESL suck? ESL has a lot of support and from what I understand they talk with the admins often and provide pretty good advice.

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

ESL sucks.

ESL > faceit

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

ESL sucks.

Why does it suck?

@ToonBE will you now complain about downvotes that you get by no explanation of what you said?

3 hours ago, ToonBE said:

ESL sucks.

Don't feed the troll guys!

7 hours ago, ToonBE said:

ESL sucks.

Clanbase revival incoming (although CB was rubbish!)

Right back at it ToonBE, you don't seem to learn do you 9_9

It is good that this game will be competitive. I don't really care what will it be (ESL, FaceIt or even some sort of Clanbase equivalent) as long as we get back into competitive arena I am IN. I was missing for a stuff like that since my last Cod4 pcw match :(

lol all the hate again.

ESL= just a ladder system, bad website, not very user friendly, better have "team matchmaking" build into the game, no REAL need for ESL to be involved, maybe accepts for tournaments, you need to rent your own server, you need to install ESL config on it, esl has a bad reputation

FaceIt = kind of like match making, you can win daily prices, they do team tournaments, you connect from the webbrowser to their own servers, good AC (ESL wire is not good), recent updates, no need to install your own config on the server, you don't need your own game server, you just connect and play, everything is automatic (team switches, round calling, etc,),...... It's just the modern type of clanbase.com.

39 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

lol all the hate again.

ESL= just a ladder system, bad website, not very user friendly, better have "team matchmaking" build into the game, no REAL need for ESL to be involved, maybe accepts for tournaments, you need to rent your own server, you need to install ESL config on it, esl has a bad reputation

FaceIt = kind of like match making, you can win daily prices, they do team tournaments, you connect from the webbrowser to their own servers, good AC (ESL wire is not good), recent updates, no need to install your own config on the server, you don't need your own game server, you just connect and play, everything is automatic (team switches, round calling, etc,),...... It's just the modern type of clanbase.com.

Not to jump on a bandwagon, but you pointing this out did bring back memories of trying to get ESL wire working with Insurgency and trying to get a team on the website. Complete hassle, but not the worse league I have seen.

11 hours ago, ToonBE said:

lol all the hate again.

We're yet to be informed as to what the developers have discussed with ESL. While I partially agree with ESL being "just" a ladder system with a pretty horrible UX/UI one can't deny the fact that they are pretty boss when it comes to events. Everything from organizination, to stream setup, casters and all that jazz so I would imagine that would be the primary discussion between Bulkhead and ESL. But it wouldn't surprise me if the ingame system somehow also is tied to ESL. Think of it, you and/or your team are in the top tier or qualified for a certain event, online or offline, it'd be much easier for you to contact ESL, or ESL to contact you, for anything.

FaceIt is definately solid, but where FaceIt fails (in my oppinion) ESL shines, namely when it comes to setting up, organizing and running events and tournaments.

Oh, and btw, if you ever used Clanbase you know that it's UX/UI wasn't any better than ESLs ;) I get a headache just thinking of the process of adding a game GUID or changing active clan/team on my profile.

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, chippy said:

We're yet to be informed as to what the developers have discussed with ESL. While I partially agree with ESL being "just" a ladder system with a pretty horrible UX/UI one can't deny the fact that they are pretty boss when it comes to events. Everything from organizination, to stream setup, casters and all that jazz so I would imagine that would be the primary discussion between Bulkhead and ESL. But it wouldn't surprise me if the ingame system somehow also is tied to ESL. Think of it, you and/or your team are in the top tier or qualified for a certain event, online or offline, it'd be much easier for you to contact ESL, or ESL to contact you, for anything.

FaceIt is definately solid, but where FaceIt fails (in my oppinion) ESL shines, namely when it comes to setting up, organizing and running events and tournaments.

Oh, and btw, if you ever used Clanbase you know that it's UX/UI wasn't any better than ESLs ;) I get a headache just thinking of the process of adding a game GUID or changing active clan/team on my profile.

Hi Chippy,

ESL UI is horrible for sure. And idd just ladders. It has A LOT of drawbacks when compared to FaceIt/ESEA.

Regarding events. In CSGO, where many many events are organised for pro teams, ESL has by far the worst reputation. ELEAGUE, Dreamhack, FPL (=facit), PGL, etc.. are all way better in organizing events than ESL. They are just the most "well known" name amongst most of the gamers for some reason, but certainly average at best.

FaceIT has ladders as well for teams and they are tied to cool prices: daily ladders, monthly ladders, etc..

But by far the biggest drawback of ESL is that you NEED a server, that you NEED to install an ESL config on it, that you NEED to set up the match yourself, etc. It is not user friendly at all and you are just competing on a ladder. On FaceIT everything is automatic, even when playing as a team.

If b44 is talking with ESL for a LAN tournament, fine

if b44 is talking with ESL to host ladders, meh boring and not the best option. Moreover they support every possible game out there so not that special anyway. However of FaceIT would introduce a beta for b44 now that would be HUGE news and would attract a lot of "competitive" gamers to the game. ESL not at all, certainly not because they have a very bad name amonst a lot of competitive gamers. ESL is dead as a platform really, they just organize mediocre events. 

EDIT: yes I have used clanbase, however I still think the UI of ancient clanbase is better than ESL's current UI. lol

Edited by ToonBE

17 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Hi Chippy,

ESL UI is horrible for sure. And idd just ladders. It has A LOT of drawbacks when compared to FaceIt/ESEA.

Regarding events. In CSGO, where many many events are organised for pro teams, ESL has by far the worst reputation. ELEAGUE, Dreamhack, FPL (=facit), PGL, etc.. are all way better in organizing events than ESL. They are just the most "well known" name amongst most of the gamers for some reason, but certainly average at best.

FaceIT has ladders as well for teams and they are tied to cool prices: daily ladders, monthly ladders, etc..

But by far the biggest drawback of ESL is that you NEED a server, that you NEED to install an ESL config on it, that you NEED to set up the match yourself, etc. It is not user friendly at all and you are just competing on a ladder. On FaceIT everything is automatic, even when playing as a team.

If b44 is talking with ESL for a LAN tournament, fine

if b44 is talking with ESL to host ladders, meh boring and not the best option. Moreover they support every possible game out there so not that special anyway. However of FaceIT would introduce a beta for b44 now that would be HUGE news and would attract a lot of "competitive" gamers to the game. ESL not at all, certainly not because they have a very bad name amonst a lot of competitive gamers. ESL is dead as a platform really, they just organize mediocre events. 

EDIT: yes I have used clanbase, however I still think the UI of ancient clanbase is better than ESL's current UI. lol

"Mediocre events" such as ESL One and IEM right? Also to use the faceit anticheat you need to pay for premium so if you're doing that why not get in touch with ESEA who have a far superior anticheat and also host their own servers? 

9 minutes ago, pukiz said:

"Mediocre events" such as ESL One and IEM right? Also to use the faceit anticheat you need to pay for premium so if you're doing that why not get in touch with ESEA who have a far superior anticheat and also host their own servers? 

Yes, these events are mediocre in comparison to the events of the organizations I have listed. Do some research and see what pro players vent on twitter/reddit + See what visitors of these events have to say (f.e. not getting what they have paid for)

You do not need to pay to use their new anti cheat lol

nah ESEA is too focussed on CSGO

If you do not have any experience whatsoever (it is clear you do not since you even think you need a subscription to use the new face it anti cheat), please restrain yourself from commenting, because it does not lead to a usefull discussion.

18 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

If you do not have any experience whatsoever (it is clear you do not since you even think you need a subscription to use the new face it anti cheat), please restrain yourself from commenting, because it does not lead to a usefull discussion.

Sorry but what competitive experience do you have in any game? I'd love to hear that + your age.

2 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Sorry but what competitive experience do you have in any game? I'd love to hear that + your age.

No need to tell you my age.

Competitive experience:

nothing special, just the random "hobby" competitive player:

MOH: EU ladders top 10-20 and participating in cups: Open Cups, Summer Cups, Winter Cups, etc.

CSGO: ESEA + Valve MM group with average rank SMFC.

I do not attend LAN because I have no interest in that type of things.

I watch pro games out of enjoyment (CSGO)

Why is this relevant? This discussion is about ESL.

13 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

No need to tell you my age.

Competitive experience:

nothing special, just the random "hobby" competitive player:

MOH: EU ladders top 10-20 and participating in cups: Open Cups, Summer Cups, Winter Cups, etc.

CSGO: ESEA + Valve MM group with average rank SMFC.

I do not attend LAN because I have no interest in that type of things.

I watch pro games out of enjoyment (CSGO)

Why is this relevant? This discussion is about ESL.

This is relevant because YOU are telling people who have 100x more experience than you to shut up if they don't have any experience.
So if people without experience need to shut up, you clearly need to be quiet more than anyone judging by your post above.
Experience or not, everyone is allowed their opinion and you are nobody to judge that, ESPECIALLY if you lack any sort of meaningful experience yourself lol.

43 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

i've blocked you in the past but i had to unblock you so i can read comical comments like this. the sheer ignorance and absence of self-awareness is breathtaking.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

Why are you such a prick/hostile towards everyone in the forum? 9/10 discussions you've started has had 0 usefullness (Me habla no engleis?) towards the topic.

Can you.. please stop?

And no.. ESL doesnt suck.. longest striving arranger for competitive play, and easy to setup cups with it aswell for anyone who wants to start in a specific game. And like previosly said they're a great organizer at things!

Sure their UI is complex.. but's that also a UI with alot features that many doesnt even offer without Payment.

Edited by Ryssk