Hello :)

This is my first discussion post, but i follow every post on forum. For sure we would like to know much more about maps, so far we known about Manor House, we saw in trailer/gameplay. What else ? Which maps will be applied, any ideas or info ? 

Enjoy 

Who knows, it will just be a lot of guessing cause they will make their own stuff not copy others (I hope at least)

But I would love to see a new fresh versions of Carentan, Dawnville, Hurtgen and Harbor with a twist :)

8 minutes ago, sumacz said:

@Farq-S thanks ! I had in mind, somefresh info, alpha is close :D 

that's the most current info we have at this point. devs aren't revealing anything new this side of the alpha.

On 28.04.2017 at 6:36 AM, Razor said:

Who knows, it will just be a lot of guessing cause they will make their own stuff not copy others (I hope at least)

But I would love to see a new fresh versions of Carentan, Dawnville, Hurtgen and Harbor with a twist :)

Hurtgen... oh man, the memories. In my community it easily was one of two favorites, Hurtgen regulars always bickered with our Carentan regulars about who is better and which map takes more skill (to be fair, getting a ton on Carentan was way easier, but that's just KPM)

(and then there was me, playing Pavlov and Ship; and ton = 100 kills)

In the end, I will be curious about pretty much anything thrown at me, and if it manages to recapture the magic of some of more successful and detailed three-lane map designs that first two CoD's delivered... then things will become really fun.

Edited by spitfiresiemion

Hopefully the maps are as good as the old cod maps. Hard to say if they will make a harbor that will be better than the original haha, that map is still overplayed by every server in cod 1.1  But I have high hopes they will make some sweet maps. 

Read through that post from December. City station and Watermill sound like they might end up being pretty good maps. It'd be cool if the devs can figure out a way to make a forest map that works well for competitive too.

19 hours ago, ChivasUK said:

All I want is Bastogne! 

Would be cool to shoot in your own backyard.

Bastogne gets a +1 from me too! 

On 6/7/2017 at 6:48 AM, BlueSmiley said:

Would be cool to shoot in your own backyard.

Bastogne gets a +1 from me too! 

Cod WW2 will add Bastogne 

1 hour ago, ChivasUK said:

Cod WW2 will add Bastogne 

Ha, i'm from Antwerp, so I don't really care about that. (And I care less about CoD WWII) But I like the map in other games and I thought you were from there? 

I'm visiting it this summer! ^_^

Edited by BlueSmiley

Hi

This is my first message here. I hope you'll make a good decision for the players of this game. Me and my friends had played a lot COD 1, and now we're trying to play Batalion. Our suggestion is to make a map from COD 1 named by Dawnville. I'll hope all of the players will be happy to play on that map.

Thanks

kleik

Maps from older COD games will most likely not be included in the game due to copyright/licensing issues.

That doesn't prevent modders and mappers from creating custom maps based on those though.

On 6/8/2017 at 8:26 AM, Jeebs said:

I'd like to see a good old school beach invasion style map B|

The problem with that is, that one team has massive advantage with high ground, and the opposite team has few to none cover out there on the beach :) 

@[CM] phantasy @[CM] BigTuna @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

In that article BETA was set to be around July but there's only going to be third alpha week on August 18, so they are changing plans all the time,  so who knows about the maps... I think developers are not doing the best to inform us about the game development. They opened preorders for BETA / Early Access without any approx date of release. Oh yeh, BETA had estimated time but it's already not going to be released around that date.

I would really like to see updates and new information about BETA as someone who preordered it as the current information is out of date

5 minutes ago, suNNN said:

@[CM] phantasy @[CM] BigTuna @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON

In that article BETA was set to be around July but there's only going to be third alpha week on August 18, so they are changing plans all the time,  so who knows about the maps... I think developers are not doing the best to inform us about the game development. They opened preorders for BETA / Early Access without any approx date of release. Oh yeh, BETA had estimated time but it's already not going to be released around that date.

I would really like to see updates and new information about BETA as someone who preordered it as the current information is out of date

This is off-topic as hell :)  

And they were pretty open about everything so far.
They have already announced that beta will be postponed to later date because of E3 and ESL they had less time to work on development, thats why the second alpha also came way later then expected. 

A game isn't build in a few months. Give them some time. The better feedback people give during alpha, the faster beta and eventualy EA will come.

Also, they didn't set a date on EA probably because they don't know in advance what problems they might encounter during development. Some issues might take longer to solve. 

They don't want to deliver an unfinished game. It will come to beta once it's ready. Same for EA.  

Having an unfinished game released will cause the same drama that happened because of BF4. 

2 minutes ago, Dark said:

This is off-topic as hell :)  

And they were pretty open about everything so far.
They have already announced that beta will be postponed to later date because of E3 and ESL they had less time to work on development, thats why the second alpha also came way later then expected. 

A game isn't build in a few months. Give them some time. The better feedback people give during alpha, the faster beta and eventualy EA will come.

Also, they didn't set a date on EA probably because they don't know in advance what problems they might encounter during development. Some issues might take longer to solve. 

They don't want to deliver an unfinished game. It will come to beta once it's ready. Same for EA.  

Having an unfinished game released will cause the same drama that happened because of BF4. 

What was the point of preorders during March  when they cannot even give us date for BETA ? Not gonna lie, If I knew that I won't have access to BETA around July-September, I would rather preorder Early Access version. And it was not really an off-topic. They changed many things so that info about maps could be already changed like 1000x times as other things. I'm just afraid this game will be in Alpha for 1 year like some well-known games. BETA will be postponed because of "E3 and ESL" that really needed weeks of preparation...

5 minutes ago, suNNN said:

What was the point of preorders during March  when they cannot even give us date for BETA ? Not gonna lie, If I knew that I won't have access to BETA around July-September, I would rather preorder Early Access version. And it was not really an off-topic. They changed many things so that info about maps could be already changed like 1000x times as other things. I'm just afraid this game will be in Alpha for 1 year like some well-known games. BETA will be postponed because of "E3 and ESL" that really needed weeks of preparation...

Idk if you know what kickstarter is? ;) it's not just an ordinary 'pre-order'. If they only wanted to sell pre-orders they would have opened it up on steam already

I don't know what you exactly bought or ordered, but anyway: this is defo off-topic. We're talking about what maps we want, not about that devs postpone things. 

Edited by Dark

6 minutes ago, Dark said:

Idk if you know what kickstarter is? ;) it's not just an ordinary 'pre-order'. If they only wanted to sell pre-orders they would have opened it up on steam already

There was preorder from -> https://www.humblebundle.com/  from where I also preordered it - isn't that an ordinary preorder?

Edited by suNNN

6 minutes ago, suNNN said:

There was preorder from humble from where I also preordered it -> https://www.humblebundle.com/saints-row-bundle - isn't that an ordinary preorder?

The bundle you sent is a saints row bundle. :/  And sorry my bad I tought you ordered trough kickstarter. Idk what the humble bundle included exactly.

STILL OFF TOPIC! 

Edited by Dark