vozER

Do you play Single Players?

Do you play Single Player games?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play Single Players?

• Yes.
    • No.

vozER    108

For me, I loved good old Single Player games back in the days. I liked to play Half-Life 1, Age of Wonders - Shadow Magic, Heroes of Might & Magic 3 / 4... games like that.
But right after me and my two brothers got separate computers and a decent internet, we started to play CoD1 and other competitive games online. Then we could compete against each other at LAN as well. That's the turning point when I simply stopped playing Single Player games. I always felt and still feel like I have to compete against someone (not AI). If that doesn't happen, it kind of feels pointless for me.
I even bought the new Civilization, played like 2 games and that was it. I loved the game, but I felt the need to compete against someone again. 

I know that personally I've missed a lot of nice content, because I simply can't seem to enjoy Single Player games anymore. Which is kind of sad, and I envy people who can play them a little :P

If you do play Single Player games, what games do you play?  

Edited by vozER

rmpel    19

total war games in general i play singel player - i love the grind 

pokemon on emulator if i am rlly bored :D

• Upvote 1

skitelo    52

SP games with good storyline, Witcher 3 for example.

I don't really like playing games just to grind. It gets boring after some time.

• Upvote 1

WolfEnstein    215

The Return to Castle Wolfenstein Community are all waiting for this modern release of our game, which should be available this summer. They've totally modified the game engine too, (it's now called ioRtCW), so we now have all the things in-game that modern-day FPS titles take for granted. Also new weapons, new map missions, graphics and sounds.

All of this is community-created:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Switz    47

Dynasty Warriors and Total War games are great in SP.  I would guess the same is said for Paradox games (have no clue if multiplayer is even offered for them).  

But as for shooters, thats how I used to play all the old console games back in the day so single player remains my preferred method for any shooter.  List of games I never bothered playing multiplayer because the SP campaign gave me all I needed and/or the multiplayer was not what the game is known for:

FEAR
Metro
Sniper
Doom
HL/HL2 (excluding mods - Mods I played multiplayer as most of them where only multiplayer)
Hitman
Mafia
Max Payne
Spec Ops

• Upvote 1

Razor    379

I really love a good SP!! In some games it's even better then MP and worth all the cost of a game :)

1 hour ago, WolfEnstein said:

The Return to Castle Wolfenstein Community are all waiting for this modern release of our game, which should be available this summer. They've totally modified the game engine too, (it's now called ioRtCW), so we now have all the things in-game that modern-day FPS titles take for granted. Also new weapons, new map missions, graphics and sounds.

All of this is community-created:

Cool snip Wolf :)

Switz    47

I think a better question is, what shooter has the best Single Player campaign experience?

I think that is a tie between the original MOH and the new BF1.  Both gave us something so different and full of immersion that they will always be planted firmly in our memories of how we felt when we first played them.  

• Upvote 1

WolfEnstein    215
43 minutes ago, Razor said:

Cool snip Wolf :)

Cheers, amigo ;).

38 minutes ago, Switz said:

I think that is a tie between the original MOH and the new BF1.

What about the game I just posted, Switz bro, "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" ? Also, how can we forget "Half-life 2" :) ?

xBDc7nv.jpg

:shock:

:D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Switz    47

Never played RTCW.  May had come out when I was in the military.  

HL2 I also did not play until years after it was released so the wowness did not strike me like it did everyone else who played it when it first released.  I did not get into PC gaming until DODS.  The only CP games I played before that where Total Wars and Sid Mier games.   

Edited by Switz
  • Upvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
2 hours ago, Switz said:

I think a better question is, what shooter has the best Single Player campaign experience?

I think that is a tie between the original MOH and the new BF1.  Both gave us something so different and full of immersion that they will always be planted firmly in our memories of how we felt when we first played them.  

For myself it was COD: Big Red One. I use to get into that campaign so much that I actually use to get upset when some of the co-main characters died as the war progressed.

Bakc to the subject I always play single player games. When I need to relax I always play a single player game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Smiley    20

Honestly I played through Diablo 1 and 2 and 3 by myself, Diablo 3 isn't really single player? but yeah.  Played through cod1 single player many many years ago, and ever since then I have had a huge problem with getting my single player to work on basically any game. Cod1 it won't work anymore, Cod2 it won't, MW1 it won't MW2 it won't, so I kind of gave up.

• Upvote 1

Well, I've played a lot of singleplayers back in the day (Hidden & Dangerous 2, Original War, Hearts of Iron and Dawn of War come to mind first, but only because I sunk the most time into them). Around the beginning of this decade I had a catch-up phase, where I went through a lot of old classics, like first two Fallouts, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Half-Life games and Planescape: Torment (which I may or may not have completed during university lectures).

In last two years the most notable titles I've played through include both Metro games (although I have mixed opinion about them), 3D Fallouts, Oblivion, Skyrim, Portals, Mass Effects, Deus Ex games (both old and new), both Dishonored and Max Payne trilogy. So, yeah, judging by size of my list alone (which isn't even really complete)... if you show me a good singleplayer, you can expect that I will take the bait.

Edited by spitfiresiemion

I play the single player (PvE) of these games too.  But I've always played single player games for the simple reason that it's a game and it's supposed to be fun.  The down side is once you beat it, you're done...so it leads to a costly habit.  Now that Steam (or your preference, I use them all) has sales all the time I buy them very cheap around Christmas sale season.  My friends keep ragging me about "Why are you playing that old game?" :) 

WolfEnstein    215

RealRtCW 2.1 has been released, earlier than stated previously. I've been fraggin' on it and it's freakin' epic :) . Here's a few links:

Download RealRtCW and three extra add-on missions HERE - screenshots also available

RealRtCW on ModDB HERE

Return to Castle Wolfenstein on "Steam" HERE

J0LSoBK.png

WolfEnstein    215

I should have mentioned too, that if you're running RtCW 1.0 you must update to RtCW 1.41, in order to run the new, modern version of the game.

Here's a link to the updater download: RtCW Update 1.41