Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rit

Re-make Carentan

24 posts in this topic

Hello,

May the dev's remake Carentan please?. It looks nothing like CoD2. It is way too dark and dull. All grey/black/ no good. the game needs to be full of color.

days of war dev's had beta carentan and then final version. it was all changed.

Posted (edited)

If they do, due to licensing issues it will unfortunately most likely not be close to Call Of Duty 2. I'll also add this again:

Edited by chippy

Actually they had carentan in the kickstarter video. It just didn't have textures

8 minutes ago, Smut28 said:

Actually they had carentan in the kickstarter video. It just didn't have textures

they did but later decided not to recreate any real world locations for various reasons. instead, the maps are inspired by real locations.

so can the dev's remake carentan.

- create more colorful textures.

- re do the whole map. the design of the current carentan is so basic,dark and bland it should not be in the game.

vlsYGB5.jpg

Posted (edited)

It was just a placeholder for kickstarter promotional video. You probably won't see that map in actual game and if you do, it'll most likely be reworked.

Edited by skitelo

As most people already pointed out on this and your last thread that was just a placeholder for the kickstarter campaign, I'm not even sure if the map is still in the game

Posted (edited)

Let's not forget, the devs promoted the fact that they traveled to real world locations to seek inspiration :)

The way I see it, by not tying themselves up in an attempt to recreate an area or map, this gives them more flexibility to design truly fantastic maps!

Edited by Skylab

8 hours ago, Skylab said:

Let's not forget, the devs promoted the fact that they traveled to real world locations to seek inspiration :)

The way I see it, by not tying themselves up in an attempt to recreate an area or map, this gives them more flexibility to design truly fantastic maps!

Agree

This is a new game, they should make it as they see fit. We already have Ctan in Cod1, and Cod2, and MW1, how many more of the same map do we need

We will have map tools so don't worry - if something goes wrong we will create everything what we want to. 

There are reasons for maps having basic textures, see CSGO's flat wall design. 

The Mp40 is being reskinned.

Please please please, stop referencing prototype levels that don't exist anymore! Read the forums for a bit then start posting ;) You'll see we've made a lot of progress. 

9 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

There are reasons for maps having basic textures, see CSGO's flat wall design. 

The Mp40 is being reskinned.

Please please please, stop referencing prototype levels that don't exist anymore! Read the forums for a bit then start posting ;) You'll see we've made a lot of progress. 

Is carentan being remade?

7 minutes ago, rit said:

Is carentan being remade?

Thats not legal so I can tell younthey don't! (It's only legal when they have the permission from Activision, and that will cost money)

BUT the modding community is higly supported in this game so i'm shure you WILL find that map.. It's just not made by the Bulkhead devs!

59 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

Thats not legal so I can tell younthey don't! (It's only legal when they have the permission from Activision, and that will cost money)

BUT the modding community is higly supported in this game so i'm shure you WILL find that map.. It's just not made by the Bulkhead devs!

I'm not talking about copying cod2. I'm talking about adding color to the current Carentan map.

The current version of the Carentan map looks really dark and dull.

1 minute ago, rit said:

I'm not talking about copying cod2. I'm talking about adding color to the current Carentan map.

Rit, if you take a closer look to what @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON said, the Carentan you are referring to is/was only a prototype level and is not being worked on and will most likely not be in the game at all.

3 hours ago, rit said:

That was a very early, very pre early alpha version of a map. It was just a cobbled together map for the Kickstarter video and will likely be entirely different in the final game or just not included.

I am sure we will have a D-Day Landing and Carentan maps through our modding community. Don't you all worry lol our Modders will not disappoint either!!!!

Buddy, you need to let them finish the game first. If needed, gaming community will recreate one in time. As you've been told it was just a prototype map. Maybe the map itself won't be there in the final release. I am pretty sure a lot of good maps will be out here.

Developers themselves traveled to places and cities where great battles of WW2 took place just to get an inspiration. That should say something. I get it, Carentan was/is an epic map. But it doesn't mean that this map needs to be in every single WW2 game. I am pretty sure that instead of Carentan itself other great maps will be there. Just have some patience my friend :).

I don't understand why people even want remakes. I am so tired of playing the popular COD2/COD4/CS:GO maps, give us new stuff :) I can't be bothered playing Crash and Strike for another 8 years, or Dust2, or Toujane...

8 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

I don't understand why people even want remakes. I am so tired of playing the popular COD2/COD4/CS:GO maps, give us new stuff :) I can't be bothered playing Crash and Strike for another 8 years, or Dust2, or Toujane...

This. The old maps may be good for nostalgic sake. Maybe not a complete remake but a "tribute" to that?

9 minutes ago, sh0tyz said:

This. The old maps may be good for nostalgic sake. Maybe not a complete remake but a "tribute" to that?

The Devs shouldnt waste their manpower on it. Modders will anyway remake that old maps.

On 2017-4-23 at 11:33 AM, Farq-S said:

they did but later decided not to recreate any real world locations for various reasons. instead, the maps are inspired by real locations.

Wait wut?! o_0