[CM] BigTuna    553

Hey guys

As you have probably seen we have made the personal reputation counter visible on your profiles. We have done this to encourage constructive and interesting posts whilst limiting argumentative or derogatory comments. We felt there has been little repercussions for these actions in the past so now you will have your rep public for everyone else to see!

Consider the toxicity or the relevance of your post before you post it and rise up the upvote leader board. We are considering resetting the rep and allowing it to start from now but we may just leave it how it is.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

natsu    4

2 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey guys

As you have probably seen we have made the personal reputation counter visible on your profiles. We have done this to encourage constructive and interesting posts whilst limiting argumentative or derogatory comments. We felt there has been little repercussions for these actions in the past so now you will have your rep public for everyone else to see!

Consider the toxicity or the relevance of your post before you post it and rise up the upvote leader board. We are considering resetting the rep and allowing it to start from now but we may just leave it how it is.

Enjoy!

Nice forum update.

Shouldn't this post be locked/sticky-ed? 

Razor    370
22 minutes ago, mrvpixel said:

Im your neutral boy.

No you're quite positive the reputation states ;)

@natsu is the neutral boy here :P

Edited by Razor

Razor    370
20 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I'm in trouble.. hahaha!

Nah, looks good to me :P

14 minutes ago, BlueSmiley said:

I just had to check ToonBE right away... :P

All time low 9_9

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    189

this is a nice update :) people get to see who is "trusted" and who likes to more or less troll

• Upvote 1

Soldat Ryan    348
27 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

this is a nice update :) people get to see who is "trusted" and who likes to more or less troll

That is not false, you earn a +1 for this !! :P

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    189
2 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

That is not false, you earn a +1 for this !! :P

it may say only +1 on the forums buts its +1000 in my heart because it is you Soldat..... :P +1!!!!

• Upvote 1

dAYZ    4
32 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Meh, people downvote you for everything here if they dont agree with you.
Who cares about reps points anyway only if it makes you're e-penis grow

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

DukeNukem    189
Just now, dAYZ said:

true, ive been downvoted for simple things....but in general most people don't downvote unless it is toxic or completely off topic in a horrible way. People attacking others isn't tolerated what so ever

Just now, Razor said:

Nawww, you guys :x lol

heheheheheheheheeh 9_9

Soldat Ryan    348
43 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

it may say only +1 on the forums buts its +1000 in my heart because it is you Soldat..... :P +1!!!!

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, Razor said:

Nawww, you guys :x lol

Jealous ! :P

Freakshow    173
1 hour ago, dAYZ said:

There are some people who do that, sure. It's not specific to this forum, though. It's just the internet :P.

Me personally, I rarely downvote and when I do it's because the post is abusive/childish/dismissive of everyone else's view. I won't really downvote something simply because I don't agree with it - usually to do with the way it's put across. 

I am pretty liberal with the upvotes, though :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

true, ive been downvoted for simple things....but in general most people don't downvote unless it is toxic or completely off topic in a horrible way. People attacking others isn't tolerated what so ever

heheheheheheheheeh 9_9

Well, the "problem" is just:

How/what we (general) vote?

I mean... a vote can be given because:

- we (dis)like the idea/point of view?

- we (dis)like the post structure?

Example:

"I think it's bad" would probably have a down vote and "I thinks it's bad because blablabla and why blablabla" can perhaps have a positive vote, but on the same time who have the same opinion ("the original theme is bad") perhaps would give a positive vote on the first sentence too, even if the post isn't really constructive.

And don't forget the sympathy reward.

What I would say is that votes, like statistics are just a beautiful woman with bikini.

You see many but not all 😂🤣😎

But I agree: a public indicator of reputation can help

(Personally for my forum I'm thinking to develop a little script to make in sort that you have to explain a negative vote)

Have a nice day and prepare yourself for the weekend!!!

🍻🥃🍸🍹

Smiley    20

It's a simple part of the forums, that can be quite nice. I do agree that if you give a negative rep it would be interesting to see them give like a sentence why. 

• Upvote 1

This system works out fine on the 'other' forums I work on with one exception:  

We had to remove the negative button because it was getting abused in a big way.  In the end we use the negative points as a tool for mods to keep up with people who have a history of acting up.  Only mods can give them and they have to give an explanation that only other mods can see.  After so many points the player will have the right to post removed and be a 'read only' forum user.  

Ryssk    23
On 4/27/2017 at 0:03 AM, _82AB_GruberRoad said:

This system works out fine on the 'other' forums I work on with one exception:  

We had to remove the negative button because it was getting abused in a big way.  In the end we use the negative points as a tool for mods to keep up with people who have a history of acting up.  Only mods can give them and they have to give an explanation that only other mods can see.  After so many points the player will have the right to post removed and be a 'read only' forum user.  

I also see it being abused too often here.. People are giving negative reputation, but they're not responding or quoting the comment.. which makes it abit sad! It should be more of a "agree and not agree" button instead what it's saying right now "F*ck you, and i like you" 

Right now it's being used as a troll button in many instances.

Edited by Ryssk
  • Upvote 2

Soldat Ryan    348
1 minute ago, Ryssk said:

That's true. That is why now we are limited to up/down vote.
If members was more clever there no need limitation. But sadly it is not the case and we can't do anything. That is life ! 9_9

• Upvote 1

Farq-S    370
32 minutes ago, Ryssk said:

I also see it being abused too often here.. People are giving negative reputation, but they're not responding or quoting the comment.. which makes it abit sad! It should be more of a "agree and not agree" button instead what it's saying right now "F*ck you, and i like you" 

maybe remove the downvote button completely and only have a upvote button. that way, positive comments are rewarded whilst negative comments receive less attention and if people strongly disagree with a negative comment their only option is to post a comment of their own. works ok on facebook.

Edited by Farq-S

Ryssk    23
1 minute ago, Farq-S said:

maybe remove the downvote button completely and only have a upvote button. that way, positive comments are rewarded whilst negative comments receive less attention and if people strongly disagree with a negative comment their only option is to post a comment of their own. works ok on facebook.

Exactly what i thought of, just remove the whole point of "negative" .. i mean sure people can between the fine lines if they dont disagree with some.. but instead of the troll abuse of downvoting without giving a good reason just makes the whole thing flawed. '*

So maybe remove the downvoting? and force people to comment if they're in disagreement is a much better option IMHO @[CM] BigTuna

• Upvote 1

Pte Walker    25

Aye it can always be under review. I'm ok with the thumbs up/down.

If there is ever a person trying to break the record for thumbs down I'd hope they would be removed from the forum.

You can get through life with bad manners but it's easier with good manners:)

Razor    370
10 minutes ago, Pte Walker said:

Aye it can always be under review. I'm ok with the thumbs up/down.

If there is ever a person trying to break the record for thumbs down I'd hope they would be removed from the forum.

You can get through life with bad manners but it's easier with good manners:)

We have a couple of candidates for that one already 9_9

• Upvote 1