RAFF

Any reason why alpha testing is only taking place in the weekend?

Ryssk    23

Those who say that the devs arent transparent or open about the development of the game for the few past months are clearly delusional. Everything i've seen in the end has been about open discussions with the community, more interraction and especially the functions! We just recently got a gameplay released.. And yet somehow people are saying the game isnt "transparent or open"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    189

Listen, I am not attacking a single person other than the grand idea. Tuna is the one who wrote it yes, but it takes a team to make a decision for development of a game so what ever i have said isn't directed to Tuna personally but to the grand idea. You do not have to reduce the transparency of your posts and it is great you can do what you do, but when there are situations in which people get upset you shouldn't "reduce the transparency and be more closed lipped about things". This is a forum for discussion.

I am sorry if i came across, in this topic, as headstrong but i like to play the advocate. I do have the personal belief that the game should be offline as well but I just want to clarify that i did not attack anyone directly. My discussion and posts were only about the decision of not having an offline. In the future don't have any "soft" yes answers, just say "at this time we don't know and will update you on the decision we make closer to the alpha". That way it will be a bummer but not a full blown "WTF" situation. The other thing is just the fact by keeping it to the weekends you are cutting out a % of people who are willing to play but cannot due to life.

Anyway, i hope to be able to participate on the weekends and that my schedule frees up to test on the weekends.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

WeAsOne    217
2 hours ago, dAYZ said:

Why would i sell my key? i'm still highly interested in this game and hope it will revive the good ol' cod2 (clanbase) days.

Because you kinda feel robbed you said.. I think that are big words!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Masser    51
40 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Listen, I am not attacking a single person other than the grand idea. Tuna is the one who wrote it yes, but it takes a team to make a decision for development of a game so what ever i have said isn't directed to Tuna personally but to the grand idea. You do not have to reduce the transparency of your posts and it is great you can do what you do, but when there are situations in which people get upset you shouldn't "reduce the transparency and be more closed lipped about things". This is a forum for discussion.

I am sorry if i came across, in this topic, as headstrong but i like to play the advocate. I do have the personal belief that the game should be offline as well but I just want to clarify that i did not attack anyone directly. My discussion and posts were only about the decision of not having an offline. In the future don't have any "soft" yes answers, just say "at this time we don't know and will update you on the decision we make closer to the alpha". That way it will be a bummer but not a full blown "WTF" situation. The other thing is just the fact by keeping it to the weekends you are cutting out a % of people who are willing to play but cannot due to life.

Anyway, i hope to be able to participate on the weekends and that my schedule frees up to test on the weekends.

Yep, but sorry to say it but whilst reading your posts you kinda come off as being....a bit entitled. You say about Alpha Backers and how much they invested, and how you deserve more ect, but when you backed for the alpha you were not guaranteed anything. You read in between the lines, and read in between them wrong. When you supported the game, you were essentially just saying "I like the look of your game, and I want to be able to support and help you as a team of developers.". There is nothing that they "owe" you apart from a finished game. It was also only in the Winter Update that I first noted that they even mentioned anything about it, and even then it was a very soft "yes", and then I later saw Tuna giving a very vague answer, due to being a CM, not a developer he is limited on what he can say or not say depending on if the developers will finish the feature, if they want it in the product ect hence why he said it in very vague terms. So, if you were considering the offline play to be a part of the game before December last year at the earliest, you were just making assumptions and making a picture in your head.

• Upvote 1

RAFF    104
4 hours ago, FrosteR said:

I feel sorry for the devs who are trying to be open and transparant and certain members of the community lash out at them at every single thing that changes. People have been crying for developers to be transparant for years, now they are and yet these people still complain. Things change all the time (and rightfully so), sometimes things don't work as expected so they have to be changed. Show some respect instead of freaking out at everything the devs change. 

It's the first time I've said something negative regarding the devs, and if they would've cleared everything up from the beginning, it would've been much smoother.

Their replies cleared everything up for me, and I do believe now it is what's best for the game.

• Upvote 2

Ryssk    23
1 minute ago, RAFF said:

It's the first time I've said something negative regarding the devs, and if they would've cleared everything up from the beginning, it would've been much smoother.

Their replies cleared everything up for me, and I do believe now it is what's best for the game.

You did kinda call him out tho.. 

• Downvote 1

DukeNukem    189
2 minutes ago, Masser said:

Yep, but sorry to say it but whilst reading your posts you kinda come off as being....a bit entitled. You say about Alpha Backers and how much they invested, and how you deserve more ect, but when you backed for the alpha you were not guaranteed anything. You read in between the lines, and read in between them wrong. When you supported the game, you were essentially just saying "I like the look of your game, and I want to be able to support and help you as a team of developers.". There is nothing that they "owe" you apart from a finished game. It was also only in the Winter Update that I first noted that they even mentioned anything about it, and even then it was a very soft "yes", and then I later saw Tuna giving a very vague answer, due to being a CM, not a developer he is limited on what he can say or not say depending on if the developers will finish the feature, if they want it in the product ect hence why he said it in very vague terms. So, if you were considering the offline play to be a part of the game before December last year at the earliest, you were just making assumptions and making a picture in your head.

I am used to Alpha access having full offline/lan through the ones i participated on.

There is no reason to explain to me what i already said, but thank you.

Kickstarter is a "pledge" that come with rewards. I could have pledged a buck and it would have sufficed as to "i support and like your idea', but when the rewards include closed Alpha access and Beta access, id like to have them especially when i paid over $120. I don't remember how much the pledge was exactly but it was the two copy one which was around 250 or so pounds. Non the less, maybe i am in the minority that will not have time to participate on the weekends but i should have access to the alpha non the less through offline. Anyway, its not going to happen so conversation over.

RAFF    104
Just now, Ryssk said:

Well, when you post something that is supposed to make everything clear and instead does not explain anything, it might get people such as myself a little mad.

I understand they're busy, I really do, but it's not as if the thread was one day old, there was plently of time to 'defuse' it :)

dAYZ    4
5 hours ago, FrosteR said:

I feel sorry for the devs who are trying to be open and transparant and certain members of the community lash out at them at every single thing that changes. People have been crying for developers to be transparant for years, now they are and yet these people still complain. Things change all the time (and rightfully so), sometimes things don't work as expected so they have to be changed. Show some respect instead of freaking out at everything the devs change. 

14 minutes ago, RAFF said:

12 minutes ago, Ryssk said:

I think people need to stop defending the devs for every negative post aka white knight them, they are grown up man and they can handle criticism on their own.
It's part of their job, and it brings the best out of people.

They make mistakes, we make mistakes and we are on this forum to have a discussion about certain topics but sometimes it gets ruined by people who downvote any criticism towards the development team imo.

Edited by dAYZ
  • Upvote 5

Farq-S    370

personally, i think the devs (and Tuna) have been way more transparent than any of us should reasonably expect from a studio and this has opened them up to being micro-managed by the community. i wouldn't blame them for being more closed from now until the release of this game because all of these "dramas" on the forums are distracting them from making the game at what is probably the most crucial time in the project. i won't waste my breath and say leave them to it because some people in the forums (not you @DukeNukem) are never happy with an answer unless it comes directly from @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON or @[DEV] KingHoward.

• Upvote 2

Farq-S    370
11 minutes ago, dAYZ said:

I think people need to stop defending the devs for every negative post aka white knight them, they are grown up man and they can handle criticism on their own.

i will always defend the devs if people post comments that are factually incorrect. people are perfectly within their rights to post negative comments just as much as positive comments because both encourage constructive discussion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Soldat Ryan    348

@DukeNukem Should i be jealous ? :ph34r::D

------------------

43 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

people are perfectly within their rights to post negative comments just as much as positive comments because both encourage constructive discussion.

While discussion stay constructive and respectful. ;)

-------------------

DEVs don't need "sheeps" who say always "Amen" to all their words, that is what some members do not understand and the forum is open to share ALL point of views or ideas (in the respect of each). This is what it is asked by DEVs themselves.
Last weeks i had more concerns but as said by Joe it is because "i care about the game", not "hate to hate".

Edited by Soldat Ryan
typo
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, RAFF said:

RAFF has indeed supported us from the beginning and been an important member of the community, Tuna notified me and Howard this morning of your post hence why me and Howard stopped what we were doing and responded at the same time ;)

We appreciate you listening to our reasons and appreciate your support. 

Also; after seeing Call of Duty's announcement, maybe you can see why we decided to make some decisions ;)

• Upvote 5

Farq-S    370
12 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Also; after seeing Call of Duty's announcement, maybe you can see why we decided to make some decisions ;)

after seeing the cod WWII reveal yesterday you may have to do more marketing work to highlight Bat44's unique selling points. that being;

-extensive support for modders

-optimized for PC

-dedicated mature community

-oldschool FPS

-no killstreaks

-no weapon unlocks/progression

sure i've missed stuff but you get my point. i know we didn't see much actual gameplay or multiplayer to speak of in the reveal but they used the words "authenticity" "realism" and "boots on the ground" alot.

if you guys hadn't changed the direction of Bat44 you'd be in head on competition with them and get flattened. we all know the shortcomings of cod but up until it's release on Nov 3rd it will look like the best cod ever made and the hype that comes with that will decimate everything in its path.    

• Upvote 3

Oldboy    72
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

after seeing the cod WWII reveal yesterday you may have to do more marketing work to highlight Bat44's unique selling points. that being;

-optimized for PC

-oldschool FPS

-no killstreaks

sure i've missed stuff but you get my point. i know we didn't see much actual gameplay or multiplayer to speak of in the reveal but they used the words "authenticity" "realism" and "boots on the ground" alot.

if you guys hadn't changed the direction of Bat44 you'd be in head on competition with them and get flattened. we all know the shortcomings of cod but up until it's release on Nov 3rd it will look like the best cod ever made and the hype that comes with that will decimate everything in its path.    

This. Can't just rely solely on trying to appeal to a handful of egoistical former promod players.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

dAYZ    4
2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

-optimized for PC

-oldschool FPS

-no killstreaks

Battalion got that oldschool arcade shooter feeling, no overwhelming textures/graphics like cs.go.

A real competitive shooter in WW2 setting, damn i cant wait to play this freaking game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Farq-S    370
14 minutes ago, dAYZ said:

Battalion got that oldschool arcade shooter feeling, no overwhelming textures/graphics like cs.go.

A real competitive shooter in WW2 setting, damn i cant wait to play this freaking game.

true that!

Peroryan    8

True that maps and textures look old school but by the looks of it doesn't look so old school in the sense of movement and recoil but I'm sure will be good anyway.