RAFF

Any reason why alpha testing is only taking place in the weekend?

86 posts in this topic

@[CM] BigTuna

Basically, only excuses and things you've said before. Not even one legit reason in your posts:)

If you're concerned with offline play security, allow us to play 24/7 online. 

And yes, people actually were going to practice in offline mode, even if things might change in the future. Also, there are plently of people that have already played battalion 1944, and you're giving us no way to reach the hours they will reach.

You guys talking like alpha is for you guys to practice, but using "bug hunting" as an excuse. This is an alpha to test multiplayer, and the studio feels comfortable if they take the week to make a new build for the weekend. So be patient, just play on the weekend. It really isn't that big of a deal, lol. Also, alpha was never guaranteed for offline play. Last I asked Tuna, he gave me a "soft" yes but wasn't sure as it was too early to tell. Now that we're closer, we have our answer. You pay $70 for every version of Battalion 1944, and to have your values implemented into a game that has potential of running for a while. So let the devs do their job in alpha and we do ours. Calm down lol.

inb4 many downvotes.

Upvoted you cause i find it so funny that people want to practice from alpha's day 1 (or rather weekend 1) :D

6 minutes ago, sh0tyz said:

You guys talking like alpha is for you guys to practice, but using "bug hunting" as an excuse. This is an alpha to test multiplayer, and the studio feels comfortable if they take the week to make a new build for the weekend. So be patient, just play on the weekend. It really isn't that big of a deal, lol. Also, alpha was never guaranteed for offline play. Last I asked Tuna, he gave me a "soft" yes but wasn't sure as it was too early to tell. Now that we're closer, we have our answer. You pay $70 for every version of Battalion 1944, and to have your values implemented into a game that has potential of running for a while. So let the devs do their job in alpha and we do ours. Calm down lol.

inb4 many downvotes.

are you really that naive?

people will practice their bollox off anyway

Just now, skitelo said:

Upvoted you cause i find it so funny that people want to practice from alpha's day 1 (or rather weekend 1) :D

lmao at those people that want to get good

they clearly have no faith in the game!

Just now, RAFF said:

are you really that naive?

people will practice their bollox off anyway

Lol....

You obviously missed the point. The point isn't that they're going to practice. That's an obvious. I will be one of them lol. But the difference is, I'm not the one flaming the forums and getting angry over the offline topic like some of you. Then you guys complain to devs saying using "bug hunting" as an excuse just to play offline when that is out of the studio's comfort zone for security reasons. Then when they give you a reason to why they made this decision, you guys blow it off as if it was an excuse. Lmfao...

I'm fine with the Alpha plans!

Proud to be a part of it!

47 minutes ago, RAFF said:

@[CM] BigTuna

Also, there are plently of people that have already played battalion 1944, and you're giving us no way to reach the hours they will reach.

Dude... LOL. A few people played it at a COD2 LAN for like 10 minutes each, same at rezzed and phantasy played it a few times at their studio.

Not like 30mins of playtime is going to give anyone a big headstart. Years of FPS experience on a competitive level will :)

Also to answer your other question, they clearly said they will patch mid-week and resume play during weekends. They aren't a studio of 500 developers who can both keep the servers up and running during the week AND work on patching it etc. 

Edited by FrosteR

my 2 cents is for the testing, not play time....i couldn't care less about "practicing".....i wanna test the game on my own time and be able to say i feel i have done what i can to improve it in the closed alpha

It is pretty ingenious TBH.  I do not know if it has been mentioned yet, but by limiting times it can be played, you instantly increase the life span.  Not saying the game will die or anything like that.  You'll see plenty of that from self proclaimed EA police on Steam that all EA's have to suffer through.  But you'll not have instances where a player will log in one day and only find a few people playing which is the risk you will 100% run 3 weeks into Alpha if running 24/7.  By setting up a specific time that player can play, people will naturally try harder to actually be there because they will not take it for granted.  

A lot of you will be in for a rude awakening if you have never played a Alpha version of a game before based on your expectations and unflinching support I have noticed which will make you prime targets for becoming disengaged which is even more harmful than the average troll.  Ignore the naysayers and trolls.  Yes I know I get pegged as a Troll for talking about the KS comparison, but that is not a critique about the actual game itself and moreso about other things which I will not do (or respond) here and derail the thread.  But there will be bugs.  You will find a partially playable game.  That is how these things work and don't let others get you down.  With only specific playing times though, this will be the best course of action.

Then of course it also lowers the amount of bugs that are found.  Sure, wisdom would say find as many as possible, but humans can only fix one bug at a time.  This will help not overwhelm the devs.  

Edited by Switz

8 hours ago, sh0tyz said:

inb4 many downvotes.

OFF TOPIC

No down vote from my side.

Just a little feedback.

I wouldn't make practice. I'm a Not Good But Crazy: I really didn't care about scores/... even if sometimes you will hear me say something like "Oh... 0-10! It's time to wake me up! I go make a coffee, or maybe a beer to survive".

I like play on game for fun, without stress, but I like have a good game.

For testing I would love to have a theatre camera too... If not I always need to find a teammate, make our own film, and see if my cover position is really a cover one or, like in some games, I think to have out just my head and than see into the kill cam that I was fast totally visible.

This OFF topic was just to say that If I'm here is to test and help, not for others reasons.

😇

Have a nice day ☕

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf

You have to realise there are people who payed a full AAA price (Including me) for a game that is being kickstarted by a company that never made any FPS games before, and i cant ignore the feeling that i kinda feel robbed now that we cant boot up the Alpha in offline mode even tho it was promised before.

If you have a problem with people leaking the build or w.e just put a big unremovable branding in the top of the screen with ALPHA BUILD (not final) or something.