RAFF

Any reason why alpha testing is only taking place in the weekend?

DukeNukem    187
14 minutes ago, Razor said:

@[CM] BigTuna don't know if it's been mentioned before but how will the bug-reporting system work? Are you guys making a form we need to fill in or do we just report here in a own closed section?

id think the alpha forum would open up and bug posting section will be there. Question is, will there be logs? Or would we just have to explain the event of the bug and hope the code causing the issue will be found?

Razor    371
5 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

id think the alpha forum would open up and bug posting section will be there. Question is, will there be logs? Or would we just have to explain the event of the bug and hope the code causing the issue will be found?

Forums would be the best thing, easy for others to see if the bug has been reported already!

I bet they will have server-side logs running in the background of some sort. I know COD had that and a client side log... But the bug would need to be explained anyway with where, what, how, picture and such.

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    187
Just now, Razor said:

Forums would be the best thing, easy for others to see if the bug has been reported already!

I bet they will have server-side logs running in the background of some sort. I know COD had that and a client side log... But the bug would need to be explained anyway with where, what, how, picture and such.

nonono what i mean is personal logs that we can post on the forums!! I would hope we can post on the forums for sure no matter what.

natsu    4
6 minutes ago, Razor said:

you can also report bugs in-game see 

• Upvote 2

Razor    371
6 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

nonono what i mean is personal logs that we can post on the forums!! I would hope we can post on the forums for sure no matter what.

Ahh gotcha :)

4 minutes ago, natsu said:

you can also report bugs in-game see 

*facepalm* Note to self: u s e   s e a r c h  b e f o r e   a s k i n g   s t u p i d   q u s t i o n s!

But that's cool, ingame and maybe forums :) 

• Upvote 2

DukeNukem    187
13 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

There is an in game bug report system dude!

more like after game bug report, like a log in the folders on the PC. Just in case the game crashes and we cannot save the log or bug report through the game

• Downvote 1

Masser    52
On 20/04/2017 at 1:52 PM, RAFF said:

They allow us to play offline, but not online during the week.. therefore, your argument is mostly not valid..

That was never confirmed, only a sorta yes, and a don't know have been the two responses from what I read. Even if there is, things like person issues, spectating ect wont be doable offline.

RAFF    104
9 hours ago, Masser said:

That was never confirmed, only a sorta yes, and a don't know have been the two responses from what I read. Even if there is, things like person issues, spectating ect wont be doable offline.

Offline play was confirmed several times..

I`m not sure about what you meant with the 'person issues' or spectating.. It's kind of why we want alpha to be playable online all the time. 

Soldat Ryan    350
9 hours ago, Masser said:

That was never confirmed

From Winter Dev Update :

Alpha backers will also be able to boot up the game ‘offline’ for extra testing whilst our official weekend playtest servers are not live during the weekends.

Picture from Vlog009 with "training" menu confirm this too :

large.58c161d774853_Battalion1944-Vlog9.

;):)

Masser    52
4 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

From Winter Dev Update :

Picture from Vlog009 with "training" menu confirm this too :

large.58c161d774853_Battalion1944-Vlog9.

;):)

I don't know what I got told then because I was told by two or three people in posts on here, that they got a soft yes when asked about it and then a no from another developer. Meh, I like the idea of playing offline.

4 hours ago, RAFF said:

Offline play was confirmed several times..

I`m not sure about what you meant with the 'person issues' or spectating.. It's kind of why we want alpha to be playable online all the time. 

I replied quite early my time in the morning, let me rephrase. Things such as 3rd person animation issues, spectator issues and anything else that relies on having another player in game with you to test wont be doable. On the other hand, things such as broken graphics, clipping in the maps, broken key prompts for mounting ect, will be reportable. I would just take their word for RAFF, they obviously thought it through and it isn't overly likely they will just change their development process because a few people don't like it. They have their system of doing these things, so let them do what they do best.

Edited by Masser
  • Upvote 1

Soldat Ryan    350
33 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey guys. I'm hearing that we have had to change our mind on booting up midweek / offline because of security reasons! Sorry guys!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

dAYZ    4
3 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey guys. I'm hearing that we have had to change our mind on booting up midweek / offline because of security reasons! Sorry guys!

yo that is f**ed up 

RAFF    104
31 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

We want it to be otherwise and we are working on it but I don't think its going to be a thing.

So instead of upgrading to unlimited online, you're removing even offline play. 

Are you going to give a reason why we can't play online during the week?

DukeNukem    187

Urm........so we literally have only weekends to play?? What about all that talk about testing what not? From all the backers you have you now cut down a % of people who cannot dedicate more than a couple hours on a weekend due to life. I mean, ive been hyped for this game and to try it out aswell as test the game on my own during the week after work when i have time, but now that i am limited to the weekends I may not be able to play all that much of alpha. So a certain % of what i paid for alpha access is wasted. Bummer, really big bummer.

Hopefully some time on the weekends frees up for me then....or the devs can go back to what the original plan was and allow us offline access. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Soldat Ryan    350
6 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

or the devs can go back to what the original plan was and allow us offline access. 

IMO It is without hope, because in this case they are evoking a security reasons.

DukeNukem    187

yea i am a dreamer......

Sorry if im double posting but i am kinda disappointed by a large degree.

I understand the devs need to do what they gotta do to design the game and what not aswell as keep the budget intact but taking away things that affect what I paid for is kinda giving me a sour taste. I paid for alpha access, which is the game itself for offline testing and if possible online testing. Beta would be the same thing. I don't know if anyone else feels the same way i do but i think this is something the Devs cannot back down on. As per "security reasons" what security reasons? Cheaters getting a hold of the code and digging through it? (wouldn't you want that so that you can close the loops when they are found?) People recording things and posting it on public areas? (Thats what the NDA is for). I think we deserve an in depth explanation to why we cannot test the alpha offline.

• Upvote 4

Razor    371
1 hour ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

"An other change..."

"Copy that"

"Over"

Not the first and still over a month to go, wonder what's next to be subject to change........

• Upvote 2