Farq-S

Soldier Service Number

Farq-S    370

as far as i can tell, most armies around the world have a service number system. aussies called it a service number. canadians had a regimental number. nazis had a membership number.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_number

it's a tiny detail but how easy would it be to give each player a unique service number? maybe the first 100 numbers could be allocated to the dev team.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    189

To add to this, i would say each soldier has their own dog tag with some custom information on there. Something along the lines of Battlefield but its designated to Blood Type, Name, Rank, and Service Number.

Having it be 000000001-999999999 would be kinda awkward. I mean could be interesting maybe but limits things. I would say Something with Letters and Numbers like A101-00-001-A0A0A0

(A101) would be joined season A1 month 01

(00) would be day joined

(001) Country of Origin (could use the real "area code" for the country like Greece is 30, Germany 49, UK 44, etc etc)

(A0A0A0) Would be the random letter/number combo a person would get. So it would be personal and yet random at the same time.

You can either have a single type of dogtag style or take each countries and do the same idea within the format of that country. In this case it would be US and Nazi dog tags for the two nations that are in the game. For the future it can be Russians and British along with whomever else will be added.

+1 for the idea in general!!!

Edited by DukeNukem
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Cookiebot    26

This could also be a fantastic way to reward early kickstarter backers / alpha testers and so on. Unique low digit service numbers or somthing similiar :)

• Upvote 3

xXclusiivE    5
On 4/19/2017 at 4:10 PM, Farq-S said:

as far as i can tell, most armies around the world have a service number system. aussies called it a service number. canadians had a regimental number. nazis had a membership number.

it's a tiny detail but how easy would it be to give each player a unique service number? maybe the first 100 numbers could be allocated to the dev team.

I'll never forget my Service number. The damn thing is drilled into your skull from day 1.. The cool thing about it is even after you left the service nobody can have your service number. Pretty neat!

D27 260 7_ _

• Upvote 2

WeAsOne    217
1 hour ago, Cookiebot said:

This could also be a fantastic way to reward early kickstarter backers / alpha testers and so on. Unique low digit service numbers or somthing similiar :)

Agree, and it makes it a more personal approach..

Razor    370
9 hours ago, Cookiebot said:

Totally agree :)

Farq-S    370

it can be a very short and simple sequence. example, a sequence structured like 4306-A-0001 has 2.6bn combinations if you use all 26 letters of the alphabet. more than you'd ever need.

Datamursu    28
On 4/19/2017 at 10:06 PM, DukeNukem said:

To add to this, i would say each soldier has their own dog tag with some custom information on there. Something along the lines of Battlefield but its designated to Blood Type, Name, Rank, and Service Number.

Having it be 000000001-999999999 would be kinda awkward. I mean could be interesting maybe but limits things. I would say Something with Letters and Numbers like A101-00-001-A0A0A0

(A101) would be joined season A1 month 01

(00) would be day joined

(001) Country of Origin (could use the real "area code" for the country like Greece is 30, Germany 49, UK 44, etc etc)

(A0A0A0) Would be the random letter/number combo a person would get. So it would be personal and yet random at the same time.

You can either have a single type of dogtag style or take each countries and do the same idea within the format of that country. In this case it would be US and Nazi dog tags for the two nations that are in the game. For the future it can be Russians and British along with whomever else will be added.

+1 for the idea in general!!!

This one was nice base idea.... If we add what others said it could be nice bonus for backers to get some unique tag for themselves. Especially if you had A, B, E, R for first part depending of your access and two at middle would be as described but last one would be your backer number with letter to show your status as backer. Others who didn't pledge for Battalion would just have numbers.

Smut28    7

Just do what rust do. Tie the dog tag into your steam guid. Every character in rust is customised based on your guid. Your skin colour, penis or breast size is all hard set. Works pretty well and makes you appreciate your character more.

PS. I'm a confident black women with pretty decent tits 

PPS. In rust anyway. Haha

Edited by Smut28
  • Upvote 1

RayzerIRL    1
On 4/19/2017 at 7:40 PM, Farq-S said:

I really like this!