JmaesAA    4

A weapon used in both world wars by officers would be a revolver. I think this would be a really good model to use as a substitute for a deagle (high damage, high recoil). 

The deagle in COD4 and CS games has been iconic and one of the most loved guns, so a gun with similar mechanics is needed in my opinion as the mechanics of the deagle were so widely loved.

It's probably an idea that's either confirmed (in which case sorry for the shitpost) or been thought of, but just a thought.

If there's any better ideas for a deagle replacement, someone comment it below, because I believe it's necessary to have in a game that wants to play like the legendary, classic shooters of the early-mid 2000's.

• Upvote 1

JmaesAA    4

1 hour ago, Jakovec12 said:

Would be good to have gun effective at long range but weak on low range. Just want all weapons to be useful for some cases.

Snipers exist...  Bolt action rifles exist as well...

I don't think a revolver is right for that, I think it should be mid-range, high damage, but hard to control, so only really good players can be effective with it.

WeAsOne    217

I love rifles.. but I love revolvers too.. they are sooooo beautyfull :x

And they work very well when you are skilled ;)

Edited by WeAsOne

JmaesAA    4
18 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I love rifles.. but I love revolvers too.. they are sooooo beautyfull :x

And they work very well when you are skilled ;)

this tbh.. I just want a higher-risk higher-reward version of the deag from cod4

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    189

Considering the degal is a .50 and not a caliber that is similar to another the revolver should have just the same amount of damage as any other semi automatic of the similar caliber.

Ill take my 1911 any day over a revolver :P that or a luger 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JmaesAA    4
9 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Considering the degal is a .50 and not a caliber that is similar to another the revolver should have just the same amount of damage as any other semi automatic of the similar caliber.

Ill take my 1911 any day over a revolver :P that or a luger 

True, most pistols were in 9mm however, and a calibre that could be used would be .357  which existed pre-ww2 and could be used.

.357 would be decent enough to essentially copy deagle stats, especially considering a lack of effective body armour at the time when compared to today.

this is a pistol that I believe could be the basis of a revolver with similar stats to that of the deag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_27

I'd love a 1911/Luger to be viable as well, just want a revolver to be the high-damage/high-recoil/low-capacity option.

EDIT: Yes, I realise US pistols were .45 

Edited by JmaesAA

DukeNukem    189
17 minutes ago, JmaesAA said:

True, most pistols were in 9mm however, and a calibre that could be used would be .357  which existed pre-ww2 and could be used.

.357 would be decent enough to essentially copy deagle stats, especially considering a lack of effective body armour at the time when compared to today.

this is a pistol that I believe could be the basis of a revolver with similar stats to that of the deag

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_%26_Wesson_Model_27

I'd love a 1911/Luger to be viable as well, just want a revolver to be the high-damage/high-recoil/low-capacity option.

EDIT: Yes, I realise US pistols were .45 

Ya said it with the US Pistols :) .45 has a better stopping power so the strongest pistol in the game should be the 1911. Second best should be the .357 but the biggest difference between the two will be reload speeds. It will take much longer to reload the .357 revolver than the 1911 which have more or less the same power. So depends on who likes what when it comes to 1911 and .357 Revolver.

Though just because the revolver has slower reload speed doesn't mean it should be "stronger"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

JmaesAA    4
56 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

Ya said it with the US Pistols :) .45 has a better stopping power so the strongest pistol in the game should be the 1911. Second best should be the .357 but the biggest difference between the two will be reload speeds. It will take much longer to reload the .357 revolver than the 1911 which have more or less the same power. So depends on who likes what when it comes to 1911 and .357 Revolver.

Though just because the revolver has slower reload speed doesn't mean it should be "stronger"

Yeah I'm starting to agree, but I don't think the 1911 should behave like a normal pistol. To me, the gun it's based off is less important then the stats. If the 1911 does the most damage, but it should be pretty hard to use (high, but predictable recoil).

Most pistols in fps games are: low recoil, average damage, average fire rate, low-average accuracy. 

personally that's not what I'm wanting, I think (as I've tried to suggest) that the most powerful pistol should pretty much just be the deagle from COD4 in terms of stats.

1911's are a cool design that could work very well for a pistol like the one that I want statistically.

DukeNukem    189
2 minutes ago, JmaesAA said:

Yeah I'm starting to agree, but I don't think the 1911 should behave like a normal pistol. To me, the gun it's based off is less important then the stats. If the 1911 does the most damage, but it should be pretty hard to use (high, but predictable recoil).

Most pistols in fps games are: low recoil, average damage, average fire rate, low-average accuracy. 

personally that's not what I'm wanting, I think (as I've tried to suggest) that the most powerful pistol should pretty much just be the deagle from COD4 in terms of stats.

1911's are a cool design that could work very well for a pistol like the one that I want statistically.

Predictable in what sense? I mean recoil is usually unpredictable and the only way a shooter (in real life) control it is with technique and arm strength. Putting that aside, the .45 already has a hard kickback but the 1911 was designed so well that the recoil is controllable and you can recover sights on your targets quite quickly. Non the less i agree if it is going to be a strong weapon, which in this game i believe pistols (all around) will be 3 ish hits to the chest for a kill, there can be front weapon sway for the pistols due to the fact that it is a lot harder to aim a pistol than a rifle.

It all depends on the damage model the Devs use. What we are saying could be completely useless if it is a general damage system where its 1, 2, 3..... (1 to the head, 2 to the chest for smaller caliber autos, and 3 shots to the extremities with small calibers and pistols) idk....but im sure it will be an RNG system.

Im rambling a bit but i think you get the gist of it

JmaesAA    4
14 hours ago, DukeNukem said:

Predictable in what sense? I mean recoil is usually unpredictable and the only way a shooter (in real life) control it is with technique and arm strength. Putting that aside, the .45 already has a hard kickback but the 1911 was designed so well that the recoil is controllable and you can recover sights on your targets quite quickly. Non the less i agree if it is going to be a strong weapon, which in this game i believe pistols (all around) will be 3 ish hits to the chest for a kill, there can be front weapon sway for the pistols due to the fact that it is a lot harder to aim a pistol than a rifle.

It all depends on the damage model the Devs use. What we are saying could be completely useless if it is a general damage system where its 1, 2, 3..... (1 to the head, 2 to the chest for smaller caliber autos, and 3 shots to the extremities with small calibers and pistols) idk....but im sure it will be an RNG system.

Im rambling a bit but i think you get the gist of it

Predictable in the sense that you can control it reasonably well. Not perfect, RNG should be there when you fire fast, but there should be a moderately controllable pattern.

13 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We are working on something like this potentially for the SMG's/shotguns ... but unsure yet.

So you've got a deagle substitute as a shotgun/SMG?  Or am I just not getting what you're saying 

Razor    370
On 4/19/2017 at 9:01 PM, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

We are working on something like this potentially for the SMG's/shotguns ... but unsure yet.

On next update could you please tell us more about what firearms we will see in Battalion 1944? :)