dAYZ

Last weapon used bind "q" (CS)

dAYZ    4

Hey,

Could you guys add the last weapon used bind from cs? "q"
I think it's a great feature and should be implemented in every modern shooter tbh.

• Upvote 1

FrosteR    185
14 minutes ago, dAYZ said:

Hey,

I think it's a great feature and should be implemented in every modern shooter tbh.

Normally you will only have 2 weapons anyway, so ''last weapon used'' would be the exact same bind as ''next weapon'' or ''previous weapon''.

I guess the grenades/smokes are gonna be like COD4, where they are not an inventory item, but something you pull out and then have to use, you cant pull it out and then go back. You pull them out with a dedicated button (mouse sidebuttons for me personally)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

ToonBE    254
13 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

I guess the grenades/smokes are gonna be like COD4, where they are not an inventory item, but something you pull out and then have to use, you cant pull it out and then go back. You pull them out with a dedicated button (mouse sidebuttons for me personally)

Why would they copy something that is clearly flawed?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

FrosteR    185
4 hours ago, ToonBE said:

I think it's fine. Maybe you should think twice before pulling out a grenade lol.

• Upvote 2

ToonBE    254
34 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

I think it's fine. Maybe you should think twice before pulling out a grenade lol.

whatever

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled50

• Downvote 13

chippy    72
5 hours ago, ToonBE said:

For a mechanic to be flawed I would expect at the very least two things:
1. The vast majority of users complaining and/or modifying the behaviour
2. A clear, distinct disadvantage when using it

None of which have been the case in the games I've played that have had it. Can it be cumbersome at times? Yes, definately. But as long as there is a way to cancel the action it won't be such a big deal except for a brief adjustment period.

There will always be those who prefer to have, in this case, grenades as an actual item to equip before using it. But saying it's flawed because of that is pretty extreme.

ZeakQ    8
9 hours ago, ToonBE said:

whatever

nothing-to-do-here-template.jpg.scaled50

Why do you think it is flawed? Can you go into detail? I really want to hear your point of view.

skitelo    52
7 minutes ago, ZeakQ said:

Why do you think it is flawed? Can you go into detail? I really want to hear your point of view.

I guess it's flawed cuz it's not CS :D

• Upvote 2

ToonBE    254
7 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

My main reason is that it is clunky. It is just much more convenient to have it equiped as an inventory item. I am on mobile so hope this will do

• Downvote 2

Razor    370
1 hour ago, vozER said:

You can just bind toggle your "next/previous" weapon to your Q

Where to put lean then?? lol

Jakovec12    25
On 4/18/2017 at 10:06 AM, dAYZ said:

Hey,

You have rifle and want to change to pistol just press 1 or 2 or scroll up/down. Now you want to change back to rifle you press again 1 or 2 or scroll up/down. Simple right?

Q will be for leaning to the left and E is for right.

You can change control settings if you want to put weapon switch on Q but you should not leave out lean cuz it will be important for your gameplay.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

vozER    109
36 minutes ago, Razor said:

Shift? :D Sprint ALT. 
Dno, but if you want to put Q as your weapon switch, feel free to do so :P
@Jakovec12 said all what I meant to say :)

Edited by vozER

dAYZ    4
31 minutes ago, Jakovec12 said:

You have rifle and want to change to pistol just press 1 or 2 or scroll up/down. Now you want to change back to rifle you press again 1 or 2 or scroll up/down. Simple right?

Q will be for leaning to the left and E is for right.

You can change control settings if you want to put weapon switch on Q but you should not leave out lean cuz it will be important for your gameplay.

I think you miss the point

• Downvote 2

dAYZ    4
53 minutes ago, Razor said:

I'm not gonna put it on q obviously, im just talking about the sort of bind.
I putted the q there because people will know what i'm talkin about.
But since the nades wont be a seperate inventory item, it's kinda useless now

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

ZeakQ    8
18 hours ago, ToonBE said:

My main reason is that it is clunky. It is just much more convenient to have it equiped as an inventory item. I am on mobile so hope this will do

It's even more clunky to scroll to the grenade and then throw it, also while standing there exposed with no means to defend yourself with. The CoD 2/4/Promod way of throwing grenades is more streamlined and I think the majority of the community actually prefer it. Bulkhead said that they wanted to create an old-school fps. Most games back then used CoDs style of handling grenades..

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

vozER    109
5 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

It's even more clunky to scroll to the grenade and then throw it, also while standing there exposed with no means to defend yourself with. The CoD 2/4/Promod way of throwing grenades is more streamlined and I think the majority of the community actually prefer it. Bulkhead said that they wanted to create an old-school fps. Most games back then used CoDs style of handling grenades..

Agreed +1

• Downvote 1

ToonBE    254
6 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

You don't scroll to get to a weapon/nade.. ever..

Yes the majority of the cod community, which is in general #€&@*. Just take a look around this forum and what is being posted/suggested.

"most games back then" please enlighten me. MoH, WET, CS1.6, CSS,.. All had inventory nades. It is just a retarded mechanic that was ported over from the console to the PC in the later cod games.

But w/e this game and forum is filled up with cod fanboys trying to cling on to a distant memory of a mediocre console port game with a mod to even have a chance at playing normally.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 11

dAYZ    4
6 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

Nobody who takes fps games remotely serious would have weapon/nade switching binded to scroll wheel up or down.

• Downvote 3

chippy    72
22 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

It is just a retarded mechanic [...]

But why do you consider it a flawed mechanic? And before you go on to another rant, I'd prefer it the same way as you, to have it an actual equippable inventory item.

I've played a plethora of games that have had many versions.
Three examples:

1. As an inventory item (i.e. CS)
  2. "Hotkey" (i.e. COD2 and onward)
  3. Mixture of both (i.e. Dirty Bomb). In all of these games I've yet to consider any of them a flawed mechanic since they all worked because of the overall gameplay.

• Why did it work in CS? Because it usually relies on actual setups in which you want to change, stand still, and wait for a go. That is cumbersome with hotkeys, I agree with you.
  • Why did it work in COD2 and latter games in the series? It didn't rely on setups as much, 75% of all grenades and smokes we're thrown on the go as stop grenades or direct grenades in order to flush opponents out. Yes, there were "tactical" or "set" grenades, whatever you want to call it, but they were often very specific for very specific rounds. That overall, made the "hotkey" solution work.
  • Why did Dirty Bomb have both? Combine all the reasons above with the fact that the developers took inspiration from alot of their earlier games, i.e. ET, ET:QW, where that inventory was prevalent. But they also wanted to cater to the "cod side" as well (if you want to call it that), hence they also had a hotkey solution. So, this particular game had both version to cater to both sides and it works just fine.

You're thinking in absolutes way to often. Again, I would personally prefer to have it being an actual equippable item but from my past experiences I've yet to come across a game where any of the different versions doesn't work well within the game. I have not seen anything in the footage so far that would indicate any of the options being a clear disadvantage (or flawed if you will).

Edited by chippy

FrosteR    185
32 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

You don't scroll to get to a weapon/nade.. ever..

Yes the majority of the cod community, which is in general #€&@*. Just take a look around this forum and what is being posted/suggested.

"most games back then" please enlighten me. MoH, WET, CS1.6, CSS,.. All had inventory nades. It is just a retarded mechanic that was ported over from the console to the PC in the later cod games.

But w/e this game and forum is filled up with cod fanboys trying to cling on to a distant memory of a mediocre console port game with a mod to even have a chance at playing normally.

I can see why your ''forum reputation'' is currently at -116 LOL.

In a fast-paced game like COD, like Battalion, having inventory nades slows things down and makes things clunky. In these games I want to be able to throw my grenade as fast as possible, 1 click of a button. I don't want to pull out my nade, wait for the animation to finish and THEN throw it. It slows me down, which is not what I want in fast-paced games. CS:GO is a much much slower game for example and it still feels clunky to me there.

Also, please stop acting like a 12 year old every time someone disagrees with you, grow up man. (Unless you are actually 12 or have some sort of disorder, then I apologize, friend).

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Soldat Ryan    348
1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

this game and forum is filled up with cod fanboys trying to cling on to a distant memory of a mediocre console port game with a mod to even have a chance at playing normally

Said the guy who want to see so much features from CSGO and would like a CSGO WW2 mod !
For your information, COD2 and COD4 were not console port.

38 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Now, I read -124 ! He is growing up but in the wrong side. 9_9

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    254
54 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

In a fast-paced game like COD, like Battalion, having inventory nades slows things down and makes things clunky. In these games I want to be able to throw my grenade as fast as possible, 1 click of a button. I don't want to pull out my nade, wait for the animation to finish and THEN throw it. It slows me down, which is not what I want in fast-paced games. CS:GO is a much much slower game for example and it still feels clunky to me there.

Also, please stop acting like a 12 year old every time someone disagrees with you, grow up man. (Unless you are actually 12 or have some sort of disorder, then I apologize, friend).

Like I care what my "forum reputation" is... You get downvoted for everything.

"Acting like a 12 yr old" "some sort of disorder" sais the one who pretends to be like a pro gamer, made me laugh haha

14 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Said the guy who want to see so much features from CSGO and would like a CSGO WW2 mod !

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9