dAYZ

Last weapon used bind "q" (CS)

6 hours ago, zabo said:

You will probably just be mediocre at this game.

yes probably

6 hours ago, scaR said:

when you've got the sprint mechanic to deal with as well.  

Havnt thought about this one. We'll see what method that is in the alpha. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd just like to say that this thread is a riot and i greatly enjoyed reading it. What a shitshow.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, seekax said:

What a shitshow.

Yes, indeed and I'm quite puzzled why this hasn't been stopped already. I mean, OP is only asking for a function switching back to the prior weapon used. A pretty common feature in FPS games and it won't do any harm to anyone whatsoever. So, why not? In fact, I'd be more surprised if it wasn't in the game already.

bind 1 weapnext;
bind 3 weapnext;
bind MWHEELUP weapnext;
bind MWHEELDOWN weapnext;

/thread

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jcuz said:

bind 1 weapnext;
bind 3 weapnext;
bind MWHEELUP weapnext;

/thread

It's almost like you've seen my COD4 config

+1

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jcuz said:

bind 1 weapnext;
bind 3 weapnext;
bind MWHEELUP weapnext;

/thread

Scrolling for weapons?

I have a key for every weapon. Much more convenient than scrolling 'till you have the correct gun/nade imo

• Downvote 2

17 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Scrolling for weapons?

I have a key for every weapon. Much more convenient than scrolling 'till you have the correct gun/nade imo

Yes, in counter strike where you have nades as part of your inventory

6 minutes ago, pukiz said:

Yes, in counter strike where you have nades as part of your inventory

In b44 you will have a knife and 2 guns. Maybe even a pistol. I much more prefer it binded to a key than to scroll until I have the weapon I need. Even when nades would be hotbinds.

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

In b44 you will have a knife and 2 guns. Maybe even a pistol. I much more prefer it binded to a key than to scroll until I have the weapon I need. Even when nades would be hotbinds.

So total 3 guns? More like primary and secondary gun (pistol). 

No one ever said that knife in Battalion will be equipable. More likely you'll need to just press some button to bash/cut the enemy.

But even if it's equipable like in cs you can:                 

bind 1 +weapnext

bind 2 +weapnext

bind 3 +knife              (in cs i personally use V instead of 3 cause hey, im cod n00b :)

Not that complicated IMO.

Edited by skitelo

On 4/24/2017 at 10:55 AM, ToonBE said:

Is there information that the knife will be a inventory based weapon?

Cause sorry to say, but the knife wasnt an inventory in CoD4.. it was a instant keybind like the nade :) So you've got 2 weapons only, and that's why alot of people binded the inventory for scroll :)

I did, and i also bind my knife to like Mouse 4 for instant reaction

Edited by Ryssk

29 minutes ago, pukiz said:

To be fair, since skins will be a thing it might be nice to have knife as an inventory item. @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON thoughts?

And what's the point of having the knife as an inventory? Due to a skin purpose? You wont be having time to run around with your knife out in the game due to it's gameplay speed! 

Rainbow 6 doesnt have it's knife as a inventory if i recall it correctly, and wont be needed in Bat44 imho, just due to how fast paced it is!

Maybe add a function to "inspect" it, but do not for the love of god add it as an inventory item. 

Edited by Ryssk
  • Upvote 1

There's no point in running around with your knife out if loadouts have a set velocity and the only way to speed up is using sprint. 

20 minutes ago, jcuz said:

There's no point in running around with your knife out if loadouts have a set velocity and the only way to speed up is using sprint. 

In COD4 running with your deagle didn't increase your speed yet almost everyone did it

6 minutes ago, pukiz said:

In COD4 running with your deagle didn't increase your speed yet almost everyone did it

I know I did it out of habit sometimes from playing vCoD/CoD2

• Upvote 1

On 2017-4-24 at 10:55 AM, ToonBE said:

You won't have a knife and 2 guns and a pistol.

The knife will most likely be like COD2's bash and COD4's knife. Just a button, not equippable.

You will spawn with one main weapon (let's say KAR98) and a pistol. When you pick up another weapon you will have to replace either the KAR or the pistol. You can't carry 3 weapons around.

In this case it doesn't matter what bind you use. There are only 2 inventory items (gun 1 and gun 2), so whatever button you press is simply to switch from one gun to another. Whether you use scroll, 1, 2 or any other button doesn't matter then because there are no other guns/nades/items to cycle through except the two guns you are carrying.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, pukiz said:

infinity ward cods never allowed you to move faster with a knife or pistol equipped. only treyarch cods allowed you to move faster. i think people maybe did this in cod4 out of habit because, as you said, it gave no advantage.