Jump to content
dAYZ

Last weapon used bind "q" (CS)

Recommended Posts

FrosteR    185
14 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Like I care what my "forum reputation" is... You get downvoted for everything.

"Acting like a 12 yr old" "some sort of disorder" sais the one who pretends to be like a pro gamer, made me laugh haha

 

giphy.gif

Sounds like someone is jealous that I got paid to play games and won some money. Meanwhile you are stuck at Legendary Eagle Master in CS:GO matchmaking and crying on forums... hmmm

Also I'm pretty sure you get downvoted because all you post is either immature stuff or suggesting the devs to create a WW2 mod for CS:GO. Because if it isn't in CS:GO it must be shit.

Edited by FrosteR
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
6 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Sounds like someone is jealous that I got paid to play games and won some money. Meanwhile you are stuck at Legendary Eagle Master in CS:GO matchmaking and crying on forums... hmmm

Also I'm pretty sure you get downvoted because all you post is either immature stuff or suggesting the devs to create a WW2 mod for CS:GO. Because if it isn't in CS:GO it must be shit.

Relax dude, there is no need to get personal. I just did because you did and I diddnt really mean anything by it. I don't mind if you think I am an asshole based of my forum posts.

Stuck at LEM? Let's see I should rank up to SMFC sooner or later. We'll see. I play the game in my free time because I enjoy it and not really for the rankings. Same will be the case in b44 (if it is enjoyable).

Let's rest this little argument

  • Downvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kinda    44

Just a little question @ToonBE, how come you have so many ideas on a competitive side if you are just a casual player ?
No offense to casual players but I mean it's like you despising everyone who disagree with you because only YOU have the CORRECT idea...

I'm just trying to figure out why, I hope you understand.

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm fine with how it was on CoD2/CoD4: one button for nades/smokes and one button to switch weapons. Clear and simple.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
53 minutes ago, kinda said:

Just a little question @ToonBE, how come you have so many ideas on a competitive side if you are just a casual player ?
No offense to casual players but I mean it's like you despising everyone who disagree with you because only YOU have the CORRECT idea...

I'm just trying to figure out why, I hope you understand.

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm fine with how it was on CoD2/CoD4: one button for nades/smokes and one button to switch weapons. Clear and simple.

Hi Kinda,

I don't say that I am right. I just voice my oppinion and react to the oppinions I do not agree with. This is a forum, so the whole point is to give your oppinion also if you disagree with something. I always say why I disagree or why I would like a certain feature. I am not the bringer of the truth. I have my own ideas and they are very shapable if there are actual arguments given and not just "blabla you only want CSGO" or "this is a cod inspired game, please leave" type of arguments. I don't dispise anyone. Just bring good arguments I am happy to discuss.

I meant that  I do not aspire to be a pro player or the best player in my country or w/e. The first reason of me playing CS is because I enjoy it a lot. It is a hobby. However, it is the competitiveness, the team play, the high skill ceiling, teammates, etc... that make me enjoy the game. So in that sence I am not "casual" in the sense you are using it. I do play to win and to reach global elite/good esea rank.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FrosteR    185
1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

Hi Kinda,

I don't say that I am right. I just voice my oppinion and react to the oppinions I do not agree with. This is a forum, so the whole point is to give your oppinion also if you disagree with something. I always say why I disagree or why I would like a certain feature. I am not the bringer of the truth. I have my own ideas and they are very shapable if there are actual arguments given and not just "blabla you only want CSGO" or "this is a cod inspired game, please leave" type of arguments. I don't dispise anyone. Just bring good arguments I am happy to discuss.

Yes you are clearly very good in discussions and open to other peoples opinions, as demonstrated by the screenshot attached to this post :D

toontje.PNG

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
9 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Yes you are clearly very good in discussions and open to other peoples opinions, as demonstrated by the screenshot attached to this post :D

toontje.PNG

You mad cause a called you a wannabe pro gamer? haha this is funny.

giphy.gif

  • Downvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skitelo    52
15 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

You mad cause a called you a wannabe pro gamer? haha this is funny.

 

Envy is your second name, lol :D I recognize FrosteR from promod pro-scene and i'm sure i'm not the only one. Does anyone recognize your name? Are you experienced enough to question simple and good mechanics from cod series such as grenade throwing, weapon switching etc.?

People collect many things: post stamps, cards, weapon replicas, old cars even. All you collect are downvotes on BAT44 forums :D

Edited by skitelo
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXclusiivE    3
5 hours ago, ToonBE said:

You don't scroll to get to a weapon/nade.. ever..

Yes the majority of the cod community, which is in general #€&@*. Just take a look around this forum and what is being posted/suggested.

"most games back then" please enlighten me. MoH, WET, CS1.6, CSS,.. All had inventory nades. It is just a retarded mechanic that was ported over from the console to the PC in the later cod games.

But w/e this game and forum is filled up with cod fanboys trying to cling on to a distant memory of a mediocre console port game with a mod to even have a chance at playing normally.

Once again ToonBe you are against an idea without providing a valuable reason as to why and attacking a certain group of people. Can you please just explain as to why you disagree with something(because its retarded is not a valuable reason) and stop attacking people while you are at it.

  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeakQ    8
24 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Once again ToonBe you are against an idea without providing a valuable reason as to why and attacking a certain group of people. Can you please just explain as to why you disagree with something(because its retarded is not a valuable reason) and stop attacking people while you are at it.

He already got one warning from the mods so it wont be long until he is banned if he keeps this up..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXclusiivE    3
12 minutes ago, ZeakQ said:

He already got one warning from the mods so it wont be long until he is banned if he keeps this up..

I don't want to see him get banned I just want constructive criticism..

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ZeakQ    8
Just now, xXclusiivE said:

I don't want to see him get banned I just want constructive criticism..

I wouldn't want to see him banned either but if he keeps this attitude up he most likely will be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DukeNukem    187
5 hours ago, FrosteR said:

I can see why your ''forum reputation'' is currently at -116 LOL.

In a fast-paced game like COD, like Battalion, having inventory nades slows things down and makes things clunky. In these games I want to be able to throw my grenade as fast as possible, 1 click of a button. I don't want to pull out my nade, wait for the animation to finish and THEN throw it. It slows me down, which is not what I want in fast-paced games. CS:GO is a much much slower game for example and it still feels clunky to me there.

Also, please stop acting like a 12 year old every time someone disagrees with you, grow up man. (Unless you are actually 12 or have some sort of disorder, then I apologize, friend).

does this mean there is a confirmed situation where there won't be a selection for a grenade but a click/throw button for the grenades? I mean of course we will find out what it is in the alpha and those who already played know....but it would be interesting to talk about.

2 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Hi Kinda,

I don't say that I am right. I just voice my oppinion and react to the oppinions I do not agree with. This is a forum, so the whole point is to give your oppinion also if you disagree with something. I always say why I disagree or why I would like a certain feature. I am not the bringer of the truth. I have my own ideas and they are very shapable if there are actual arguments given and not just "blabla you only want CSGO" or "this is a cod inspired game, please leave" type of arguments. I don't dispise anyone. Just bring good arguments I am happy to discuss.

I meant that  I do not aspire to be a pro player or the best player in my country or w/e. The first reason of me playing CS is because I enjoy it a lot. It is a hobby. However, it is the competitiveness, the team play, the high skill ceiling, teammates, etc... that make me enjoy the game. So in that sence I am not "casual" in the sense you are using it. I do play to win and to reach global elite/good esea rank.

Ok...ToonBE...amma try to help you here....people have given up on you m8 and i really don't want to see people just egg you on just to get you pissed. Some people are asking you genuine questions and you are overreacting to almost every one of them.

What is marked in RED is the wrong thing you are saying. What is marked in BLUE is the right thing to think about. What is marked in GREEN is absolutely neutral and valued in the forums.

You have your own personal feelings and i agree with you that you should share them but it is HOW you share them that counts. @xXclusiivE used to blow up on the forums quite a bit but he has done a great job and is, always was, a valued member here on the forum. Even with your reputation being in the negative i value your opinions and i see through the outbursts. Your points are valid but they are highly personal. That isn't something you can bring into a valid argument.

You must EXCLUDE your feelings or say that you are voicing your own opinion and if you are voicing your opinion on something you CANNOT react the way you do if someone disagrees. Take 10-15 seconds and think about it, don't act on impulse and post a hate message just because someone didn't agree. Please, just keep it neutral and civil :)

There was a person who was purely "competitive" and attacked every neutral post i made or anything that was opposite what that person "thought". I messaged them it was official that they would stick to their own opinions that were strictly to the competitive side of the game. So fine, no problemo.

I am probably known here on the forums as the "Devils Advocate" because i like to play both sides of a conversation or, in reality, w/e side is losing i go on it and try to defend it to get a conversation of WHY the winning side is winning :) i got a few down votes for it, but its ok....worth it! But this IS NOT what you are doing.

So in conclusion, you have valid opinions but you cannot react to people disagreeing with your opinions. Bring more fact than feelings in your posts.

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
7 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

does this mean there is a confirmed situation where there won't be a selection for a grenade but a click/throw button for the grenades? I mean of course we will find out what it is in the alpha and those who already played know....but it would be interesting to talk about.

Ok...ToonBE...amma try to help you here....people have given up on you m8 and i really don't want to see people just egg you on just to get you pissed. Some people are asking you genuine questions and you are overreacting to almost every one of them.

What is marked in RED is the wrong thing you are saying. What is marked in BLUE is the right thing to think about. What is marked in GREEN is absolutely neutral and valued in the forums.

You have your own personal feelings and i agree with you that you should share them but it is HOW you share them that counts. @xXclusiivE used to blow up on the forums quite a bit but he has done a great job and is, always was, a valued member here on the forum. Even with your reputation being in the negative i value your opinions and i see through the outbursts. Your points are valid but they are highly personal. That isn't something you can bring into a valid argument.

You must EXCLUDE your feelings or say that you are voicing your own opinion and if you are voicing your opinion on something you CANNOT react the way you do if someone disagrees. Take 10-15 seconds and think about it, don't act on impulse and post a hate message just because someone didn't agree. Please, just keep it neutral and civil :)

There was a person who was purely "competitive" and attacked every neutral post i made or anything that was opposite what that person "thought". I messaged them it was official that they would stick to their own opinions that were strictly to the competitive side of the game. So fine, no problemo.

I am probably known here on the forums as the "Devils Advocate" because i like to play both sides of a conversation or, in reality, w/e side is losing i go on it and try to defend it to get a conversation of WHY the winning side is winning :) i got a few down votes for it, but its ok....worth it! But this IS NOT what you are doing.

So in conclusion, you have valid opinions but you cannot react to people disagreeing with your opinions. Bring more fact than feelings in your posts.

Hey Duke, well I try to explain but everything that is not "cod-like" is often just ignored or hate upon.

Why hot key is not the right option:

-it means you only have 1 type of throw, you press button "x" and a nade is thrown. However, in some situations you want to regulate the distance in which you want the nade to travel (short, medium, long range). In a system where a nade is an inventory item you can left click mouse for long throw, right click for short (pop flashes etc..) and left+right at the same time for medium.

-it is cluncky in set up situations where you need to coordinate an attack to a bomb site with f.e. smokes.

-accidently pressing a key might lose you a very valuable piece of utility

-using nades become one dimensional, f.e. flashes, mollies and smokes are all thrown in different ways which require different distance throws

-etc...

Let the downvoting begin, because it does not resemble cod2 or 4!

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
chippy    79
15 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Hey Duke, well I try to explain but everything that is not "cod-like" is often just ignored or hate upon.

Why hot key is not the right option:

-it means you only have 1 type of throw, you press button "x" and a nade is thrown. However, in some situations you want to regulate the distance in which you want the nade to travel (short, medium, long range). In a system where a nade is an inventory item you can left click mouse for long throw, right click for short (pop flashes etc..) and left+right at the same time for medium.

-it is cluncky in set up situations where you need to coordinate an attack to a bomb site with f.e. smokes.

-accidently pressing a key might lose you a very valuable piece of utility

-using nades become one dimensional, f.e. flashes, mollies and smokes are all thrown in different ways which require different distance throws

-etc...

Let the downvoting begin, because it does not resemble cod2 or 4!

At least now I know what you mean by "flawed" and "clunky". When you put it that way you make a hell of a lot more sense.

You could still have different throw lengths even with a "hotkey". In CS:GO you'd use primary/secondary attack, or both, right? As in mouse1/mouse2 or both? It's basically the same as using, as an example, G+mouse1 or G+mouse2. So I don't see this particular feature being obsolete because of the hotkey mechanic, although perhaps not optimal. I don't see a reason why we can't have a hotkey AND it being an item at the same time. If you use the hotkey you get one single throw, just like you say. If you equip it, you get more options such as different throw lengths. One options is not necessarily better than the other, both are very situational. However having the option to choose which and when is definitely a good idea.

While I understand your logic behind accidentally letting a grenade go off, I don't think it's because of the mechanic itself even though it's definately more likely to happen. You could just as well let a grenade or smoke go off early or wrong if you equip it and let M1 go. But yes, a hotkey is more prone to that issue.

Edited by chippy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    378
36 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

-it means you only have 1 type of throw, you press button "x" and a nade is thrown. However, in some situations you want to regulate the distance in which you want the nade to travel (short, medium, long range). In a system where a nade is an inventory item you can left click mouse for long throw, right click for short (pop flashes etc..) and left+right at the same time for medium.

-it is cluncky in set up situations where you need to coordinate an attack to a bomb site with f.e. smokes.

-accidently pressing a key might lose you a very valuable piece of utility

-using nades become one dimensional, f.e. flashes, mollies and smokes are all thrown in different ways which require different distance throws

-etc...

Let the downvoting begin, because it does not resemble cod2 or 4!

calling a mechanic flawed because a player can 'accidently' throw a nade is a very weak argument for changing it. the mechanic isn't flawed, it's the player's action that's flawed and no mechanic should be created to mitigate accidents.

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
4 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

calling a mechanic flawed because a player can 'accidently' throw a nade is a very weak argument for changing it. the mechanic isn't flawed, it's the player's action that's flawed and no mechanic should be created to mitigate accidents.

So ez to cherry pick one argument and crticize

  • Downvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farq-S    378
10 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

So ez to cherry pick one argument and crticize

not cherry picking. earlier, you stated the mechanic was flawed without explaining why so i had no way to rationalize your statement and comment until now. if i thought your argument was valid i'd agree but it's not. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
13 minutes ago, Farq-S said:

not cherry picking. earlier, you stated the mechanic was flawed without explaining why so i had no way to rationalize your statement and comment until now. if i thought your argument was valid i'd agree but it's not. 

Not cherry picking, but still you pick out 1 argument and ignore the others I have given.

facepalm.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257
On 21-4-2017 at 0:39 AM, scaR said:

Have you ever actually thrown nades in a scrim or otherwise competitive match in CoD2/4 @ToonBE?

Well, this type of reasoning is exactly what is wrong with this forum.

It's not because it was in cod2/4 and you were used to it that it was a good mechanic.

"yeah but is was in cod, so it is good" (c) the majority of this forum

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xXclusiivE    3
35 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Well, this type of reasoning is exactly what is wrong with this forum.

It's not because it was in cod2/4 and you were used to it that it was a good mechanic.

"yeah but is was in cod, so it is good" (c) the majority of this forum

I can see where you are getting annoyed with the constant relation to COD in almost everything just like we were in annoyance with you when you would bring up CSGO with everything but that being said the COD mechanic is not flawed and produces faster game play which is the current goal for the game rather then your suggestion so that is why we rather see it in the game like it is now rather then an innovatory item which we need to switch too before throwing which slows the game down.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scaR    59
38 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Well, this type of reasoning is exactly what is wrong with this forum.

It's not because it was in cod2/4 and you were used to it that it was a good mechanic.

"yeah but is was in cod, so it is good" (c) the majority of this forum

Well, this is exactly why all of your anti-cod mechanic arguments are flawed.

How in the fuck can you draw conclusions on a mechanic in a game --you've never played competitively--.  I'd take a stab, from my observations, that the majority of the ex-competitive (or currently) players here have dabbled in both CSGO and CoD.  I know myself that I like to keep an open mind to the development direction of the game, and would welcome a lot of CSGO features that I believe would have merit to be implemented into Battalion.  You keep drawing lines in the sand where they don't have to be.

My point is that you nullify any CoD-based suggestion or arguments made, without any actual knowledge in what they involve.

FYI, I'm open to nades in battalion to be inventory based.  I just think the points you make in your arguments are generally unfounded and plain childish at times.

 

 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToonBE    257

@scaR @xXclusiivE

Suggested from csgo: spray patterns, economy system. And regarding spray patterns I always said that they could be tight as to allow fas movement + no inaccuracy while moving.

What I did was take ideas of CSGO and translate them to how they can suit battalion gameplay wise and make the game more interesting. Never did I say that I want csgo type of gameplay.

Whenever something is mentioned not resembling cod2/4, it doesnt matter where it comes from. I suggested plenty of things not linked to csgo, you guys are all over it saying how dumb it is and that cod diddnt had it and that this game was so good blabla. Often a real discussion is impossible due to these type of reactions.

F.e. the health gen system. This could be so interesting as game mechanic and I suggested this several times, but no r e a l discussion was held about it, because cod had normal health regen and it was good. 'did you ever play promod? No? Ah well then you cannot know' what is that type of idiotic reasoning? Like honestly?

Childish? Well I would disagree. There are a lot, but really a lot of ignorant people on this forum. Many of them from the console suggesting the most stupid things, old grandpa's whining about skins not resembling the world war (seriously?? Who cares man it's a game and 90% of the players will like skins), there was even one guy suggesting the pro scene should be on the PS4. Like wow? Mind blown.

These type of things and the ignorance and unwillngness to discuss on this forum is very irritating and I don't care to show you guys that I am irritated. And I also don't care to be strong in my oppinions. If you'd come with real arguments I could change my mind. I am not the 'bringer of truth' or anything like that

But w/e. I am waiting for the alpha and the closed NDA forum and discord. Minds will be more open there and prob a lot less ignorance.

Can't wait to see some of you in the alpha servers;)

9 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

I can see where you are getting annoyed with the constant relation to COD in almost everything just like we were in annoyance with you when you would bring up CSGO with everything but that being said the COD mechanic is not flawed and produces faster game play which is the current goal for the game rather then your suggestion so that is why we rather see it in the game like it is now rather then an innovatory item which we need to switch too before throwing which slows the game down.

Produces faster gameplay? This is hardly the case mate.

Running, while you run press key for grenade, press left click and throw all while running is not slower then running and aiming your gun to the sky (how stupid imo) and press a key to throw a grenade.

Both are done when running and are as fast. You just need to start 1 sec earlier with equiping the inventory nade. It is 1 extra key press, but nonetheless you are still running. There is no slow down or anything.

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zabo    29
On 20/4/2017 at 10:44 AM, ToonBE said:

"Acting like a 12 yr old" "some sort of disorder" sais the one who pretends to be like a pro gamer, made me laugh haha

To be fair - FrosteR were a pro gamer in cod4. If CoD4 were as big as CSGO he'd probably earn as much as the astralis team does.

Have you achieved something? You will probably just be mediocre at this game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scaR    59

@ToonBE please don't confuse that I was simply having a go at your methodology in your arguments, not your specific ideas or opinion (as from time to time you tend to put across some pretty decent ideas, regen topic being one of them).  But, if you weren't so instantly dismissive of ideas proposed by CoD folks, perhaps they'd be less dismissive of yours? 9_9

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

There are a lot, but really a lot of ignorant people on this forum. Many of them from the console suggesting the most stupid things, old grandpa's whining about skins not resembling the world war (seriously?? Who cares man it's a game and 90% of the players will like skins), there was even one guy suggesting the pro scene should be on the PS4. Like wow? Mind blown.

Don't for a second think that you're alone in appreciating the ignorance shown by some on here.  It's a publicly open forum, takes patience to sift through the shit.  If you didn't take people's negative or unsupportive responses to your opinions so personally perhaps you'd be a little less jaded.

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

Produces faster gameplay? This is hardly the case mate.

Running, while you run press key for grenade, press left click and throw all while running is not slower then running and aiming your gun to the sky (how stupid imo) and press a key to throw a grenade.

Both are done when running and are as fast. You just need to start 1 sec earlier with equiping the inventory nade. It is 1 extra key press, but nonetheless you are still running. There is no slow down or anything.

I'll agree that you could argue neither method is faster.  However, the one-button approach definitely feels less clunkier when compared with inventory based nades when you've got the sprint mechanic to deal with as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×