InstaPizza    5

The thread below was about cheaters smurfing and trolling where I expanded on a possible system.

Where I mentioned: 
"Another system that could work and is quite interesting(I have read it somewhere before and is active in a game I think). Basically the players besides rank are split up by 'karma' score in different pools and are only allowed to play in that pool. Also with cheaters would be banned to a cheater pool so they only play against other cheaters. And in case players group together they play in the lowest pool that is available in that party.
The problem with this system is that the playerbase gets segregated and if there are only a few players matching would be near impossible.

This would make players play more often play with others that have similar 'karma' and make the experience better or worse depending on who you are.
It's sounds like a solid system to me but don't know how well it would work in the real world."

What do you guys think about a system like this?

Razor    370

I don't think that's gonna work! Who is gonna police a system like that, who will be the judge of bad or good carma? Nah, doubt it could work in any level.

As to cheaters, only thing good enough is a perm ban, burn their setup and trow them outside to play with cars and knifes!!!!

Edited by Razor

WeAsOne    220
5 minutes ago, Razor said:

I don't think that's gonna work! Who is gonna police a system like that, who will be the judge of bad or good carma? Nah, doubt it could work in any level.

As to cheaters, only thing good enough is a perm ban, burn their setup and trow them outside to play with cars and knifes!!!!

Or burn their important pc parts so they can only play MineCraft :P

InstaPizza    5

@Razor, either the community itself with the teammates or a similar system to overwatch in CS:GO. And you dont quite get why i would want a softban, yes they will still play but it would take them longer to realize that they would have been banned and put up against other cheaters. Causing less hackers to face normal players, therefore having less toxic community. The whole cheaters problem is a fight that cannot be won, but the affects of it can be minimized. This is not a matter of morals, this is a matter of dealing with cheaters in a practical way so that you have less of them interfering with normal players. 

Otherwise you'll just get another CS:GO where cheaters see a clear ban and just buy another copy of the game. 

WeAsOne    220
6 minutes ago, Razor said:

Nah, they shouldn't have a pc, so burn it all!

They shouldn't have a car and a knife either :P

DarkMortyr    76

There should be zero tolerance for cheaters. As far as I know, Blizzard has this policy. Once you cheat = perma ban. And bans should be based on your hardware ID not just on your account. It's not that easy to just buy a new game after that.

Razor    370

@WeAsOne That's true,but if they are stupid enough to cheat they will be stupid enough to hurt them self with a knife or a car lol

xD

14 minutes ago, InstaPizza said:

@Razor, either the community itself with the teammates or a similar system to overwatch in CS:GO. And you dont quite get why i would want a softban, yes they will still play but it would take them longer to realize that they would have been banned and put up against other cheaters. Causing less hackers to face normal players, therefore having less toxic community. The whole cheaters problem is a fight that cannot be won, but the affects of it can be minimized. This is not a matter of morals, this is a matter of dealing with cheaters in a practical way so that you have less of them interfering with normal players. 

Otherwise you'll just get another CS:GO where cheaters see a clear ban and just buy another copy of the game. 

Well if the ban is tied to your system a new copy of the game would not work. Sorry I have no tolerance for cheaters, in my eyes they should not be allowed a pc!

Edited by Razor

Masser    51

There is a pretty solid backing for this, if you don't realise you have been banned, then A.) The software creators will take longer to hear about it, whilst in CS people know they are banned and within a day or less, a fixed version of the cheat is out and so making the ban useless as someone can just buy a new copy. People can change their HWID, and B.) they wont buy a new copy and make a new account as they will think they are still playing in the regular pool.

The solution to toxic players may be to have a system where at the end of each match, you get to rate your teammates on several factors such as toxicity and I don't even know what the others may be, it might just be you get to rate their toxicity. They then can queue with other "toxic players".

Razor    370
25 minutes ago, Masser said:

The solution to toxic players may be to have a system where at the end of each match, you get to rate your teammates on several factors such as toxicity and I don't even know what the others may be, it might just be you get to rate their toxicity. They then can queue with other "toxic players".

Nah,you see how that works in these forums.....

• Upvote 1