RAFF

Forum improvements?

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What are the plans for the forum? 

I was thinking that a 'karma' system (similar to reddit) would be a nice feature,as it would clearly show which poster makes quality thread/posts/comments.

The forum is not the priority for sure, but if there are things that can easily be improved, it might be good to do so :>

Edited by RAFF

Mhhh, until now I haven't used reddit, so I'm sorry for this stupid question:

Isn't something like the up/down vote here on the forum?

The impact of those votes?

More visibility on the search results (optional) and leaderboard: 

http://forums.battaliongame.com/leaderboard/

Invision give a great opportunity to build what we/you would 😉

11 hours ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

isn't something like the up/down vote here on the forum?

It is more like "Question" IPS forum style were you are able to up/down vote the question (thread) and the answers where the best answers are usually shown on the top.

Posted (edited)

Ahhhh ok.

Got it. Merci boss :ph34r::P

Edit: this was my 300th post... what a poor one... 😂😂

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf
300th post

2 hours ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

Ahhhh ok.

Got it. Merci boss :ph34r::P

Edit: this was my 300th post... what a poor one... 😂😂

Actually , you informed me about that leaderboard, I had no clue it existed. 

It already is implemented, the only thing is, I can't see your rep by visiting your profile..

Posted (edited)

I asked them by the past to allow us to see who gives up/down vote :

11 hours ago, RAFF said:

the only thing is, I can't see your rep by visiting your profile..

Because they disable the option too.

In case they want to add it :
ACP --> Members --> Member Settings --> Reputation -->  "Show members' total reputation on their profile?"

IMHO before this, there is other things to do as managing "groups". Currently it is a bit the anarchy because they kept groups from old forum. For exemple there are 2 differents groups for "registered members" both have differents rights.
With backers groups to create really soon it will be worst and a nightmare for them.
I alert @[CM] BigTuna few monthes ago but nothing done yet. I guess they took it in consideration. Wait and see.

Edited by Soldat Ryan

We don't want to add that haha! That's the route to more arguments that we are aiming to avoid. People get annoyed about an anonymous down vote, imagine how bad it would be if they could see who down voted them!

I'll look into aligning the groups rights but I do believe they're pretty similar!

What is the difference between REGISTERED and Experienced Forum User? What other groups are there? And at what post count does rank change and what are all the different ranks?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

We don't want to add that haha! That's the route to more arguments that we are aiming to avoid. People get annoyed about an anonymous down vote, imagine how bad it would be if they could see who down voted them!

I'll look into aligning the groups rights but I do believe they're pretty similar!

You are speaking about differents points @[CM] BigTuna

You can choose to maintain to hide the "voter name" (it's an option into the group settings), but you can always give us the possibility to see our reputation scores (last option into the reputation settings area into the users settings --> see the path given by @Soldat Ryan)

You can go into the admin panel and search 'reputation':

Screenshot_20170419-125107.thumb.png.10d892851187d933b95926775b82479b.png

You will see many options ;)...

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf

Reddit's Karma system is cancerous and stifles fair debate.

Well, personally I think that a good debate is always interesting.

Personally I totally dislike a negative vote without an explanation and, unfortunately, when the vote are anonymous, it is easier to down vote 😔

A karma system (or Reputation,...) can make in sort that users would put down more carefully post, with better structure,...

But it is all cosmetic 😂😎

Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

Well, personally I think that a good debate is always interesting.

Personally I totally dislike a negative vote without an explanation and, unfortunately, when the vote are anonymous, it is easier to down vote 😔

A karma system (or Reputation,...) can make in sort that users would put down more carefully post, with better structure,...

But it is all cosmetic 😂😎

if im not mistaken you can see your reputation if you go to leader board and look yourself up!!

You have 67 upvotes :)

Edited by DukeNukem

Oh thank you 🤗

But personally I didn't need to know my personal reputation. It was more a general speech 😁

6 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Nop. Exemple : editing is not the same - You also should add the "automatic merge" option between 2 posts. This prevent double post in the same thread form the same member (check your "old" MP i explain how to do it - Date : ecember 21, 2016 ).
But IMHO, one main group for ALL members is easiest to manage than to get 2 groups and check rights in both to be sure they have the same. :|

1 hour ago, [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf said:

I totally dislike a negative vote without an explanation and, unfortunately, when the vote are anonymous, it is easier to down vote

+1

5 hours ago, Razor said:

What is the difference between REGISTERED and Experienced Forum User?

A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig one ! :P

5 hours ago, Razor said:

Found groups

As i said, too much groups. 5 or 6 groups should be deleted (For tuna, it is explain in the same MP how and why to do it).

My2Cents

3 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

A biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig one ! :P

Ohh someone got Wolf and Dog's moderator privileges :P Nice one :)

10 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

That's not what I meant.

I do not want to see who upvoted/downvoted me, but I do want to see how many times i've been upvoted/downvoted. Basically, I want to see karma, which is upvotes - downvotes on somebody's profile.

25 minutes ago, RAFF said:

I do not want to see who upvoted/downvoted me, but I do want to see how many times i've been upvoted/downvoted. Basically, I want to see karma, which is upvotes - downvotes on somebody's profile.

i explained him how to do if he want to implement it in my previous post. ;)

Sorry guys I misread what you meant. I've implemented what you requested. It should be live now!

@[CM] BigTuna, as we are on idea to improve the forum i add this too : Plzzz add a timer to merge posts from the same member when he posts several times in the same thread. (I have submited the idea few monthes ago too)

Ex with pictures :
Here the guy posts twice in the same time with 2 differents quotes but instead to create only one post, he did 2 posts (not his fault, he may be don't know how to use IPS features) : 
bat44-4.thumb.jpg.b9b7efc07700f137e112c393e8c17f32.jpg

With "automatic merge" and a timer set on 1hour for exemple the result will be like that :

bat44-5.thumb.jpg.7637a508f270519ee5312bdb3c4a1d2e.jpg

1 post create after "automatic merge".

Currently with my rights i m able to merge them but it will be better if it was automatic. :P

In ACP : System -->Settings ---> Posting ---> "general" tab --> posting --> then select a timer in  "Merge concurrent posts"

Great stuff guys and good idea Soldat :)

6 hours ago, Razor said:

Great stuff guys and good idea Soldat :)

Thanks. Now it is Implemented. ;)

44 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

Thanks. Now it is Implemented. ;)

Noticed that when I accidental double posted, bam merged :ph34r: