jonas01

SKINS IN THE GAME

Razor    379
11 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

@Razor I understand your frustration, but we fully anticipate your clan to play on the modded community servers, not the official servers. We intend to support the modding community 100% and have already started by making a simple easy to grab editor. No other Unreal game or any game in fact does what we're doing with modding. 

This way, you guys get to play a game that feels like an oldschool FPS but without any of the parts you don't want, and if there are some adventurous mappers out there, some bigger maps too!

Joe

That's true actually, we most likely will play mainly on dedicated servers with our own mods and maps in the end of the day. Still don't get the hype with the skinz and shit or why kids now a days want them...

13 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

I do understand that this very horse is dead and buried. I'm not even trying to argue crazy shit, or shitty skins or even crazy skins will be in the game. They are going to be in the game. Yeah, I got it.

However, I like to point out that nobody had reasons to expect micro transactions and crazy skins coming to the game, because Bulkhead have explicitly stated that those won't be in the game. See quotes above. Nobody is making this up. Nobody is misinterpreting anything here. It's been there. Black on white. Period. If they had said nothing at all about either of those subjects, then OK, we could have been expecting anything, even pay to play. 

So, please stop throwing shit at people who are not exactly satisfied by this development. They have all reasons to be irritated. You may try explaining to them how there is no alternative if you want to, or just leave it. At any rate, telling them to go away because they are not 'competitive enough' is just that toxic behavior which is killing communities. I do believe that is possible to cater to casual and competitive at the same time, especially because there will be dedicated areas for either playing style anyway. Why is it so hard to accept that? Why has it always to be competitive versus casual? I'm dead tired of that debate already and that awkward cocky attitude is as uninviting as can be. Give it a break.

Personally, I also had the impression that Bulkhead consciously mentioned both of these aspects and meant to explicitly separate themselves from the major's way of doing things. And yes, this has been one of the key selling factors for me. I believed they had a plan how to not go down the cheap road and provide us with something different. Either they had no plan or, more likely, they are now afraid that the initial plan is not going to create enough revenue for the e-sports ambitions, which have gone up in the prior list somewhere during the curse of the last year. The term 'e-sport' hasn't been mentioned once in the kickstarter campaign, by the way. Well, fine this is reality, so you got to adapt all right.

Though, keep in mind that they could have put the e-sports thingy on the back burner in favor of other target groups as well. I'd even say it had looked a lot like that about a year ago, as far as reading between the line goes. I'm pretty sure statistics will tell that there are more casual playing customers than competitive, semi-profession or even professional players and standing your ground in the e-sports circus is a great risk of its own, isn't it?

Could not have written this better with my bad English! Thanks for pointing out the obvious to a few in this thread that just keeps on trowing trash at everyone that don't have their view on things....

• Upvote 2

jonas01    50
23 hours ago, ZeakQ said:

Have they stated "flashy stupid pink shit skins" will be in the game? You seem so obsessed by those words, just calm down. We haven't even seen any skins yet...

I think Joe said it in a interview on YouTube. 

20 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

Oh come on! They accidently used the terms 'no micro transactions', 'authentic' and 'realistic art style' (that implicitly excludes crazy skins), but happend to forget mentioning 'e-sports' as such, despite it being the prime goal of Battalion 1944 from the start?

''Accidently''. haha. They said this during the KS, and that was what we told we were getting... 

xXclusiivE    3

I said I didn't care about skins but here is some low res shots from a modded COD W@W server with flashy skins.. yeah it doesn't look good in a WWII setting lol

6.jpg.d1a8dea15d1823d6eda8906d97a646d8.jpg

7.jpg.af7b93a5f1a63ebb3e0dd679dbafe16d.jpg

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

FrosteR    185
3 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I said I didn't care about skins but here is some low res shots form a modded COD W@W server with flashy skins.. yeah it doesn't look good in a WWII setting lol

Who ever told you the skins would be this bright and colorful anyway?

• Upvote 2

xXclusiivE    3
9 minutes ago, FrosteR said:

Who ever told you the skins would be this bright and colorful anyway?

You're missing the point. It was to demonstrate what "flashy skins" would look like in a WWII setting..

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Downvote 5

pukiz    34
21 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

You're missing the point. It was to demonstrate what "flashy skins" would look like in a WWII setting..

You're missing the point that the designers will know what the game looks like and will be able to adjust, why not just wait to see what prototypes the devs are making?

xXclusiivE    3
1 minute ago, pukiz said:

You're missing the point that the designers will know what the game looks like and will be able to adjust, why not just wait to see what prototypes the devs are making?

I can wait.. I still don't care if there in the game or not I just simply gave everyone a example of a "flashy skin" in a WWII setting an it looks like crap. I might play this game for 2hrs a week so I could careless what they do with it. 

But hey! xXclusiivE's name is at the top of the post so lets just down vote it anyway 9_9 

• Downvote 8

skitelo    52
14 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I can wait.. I still don't care if there in the game or not I just simply gave everyone a example of a "flashy skin" in a WWII setting an it looks like crap. I might play this game for 2hrs a week so I could careless what they do with it. 

But hey! xXclusiivE's name is at the top of the post so lets just down vote it anyway 9_9

TBH you've chosen ugly skins to show us. They look like someone poured paint on them - no artristry at all.

• Upvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
Just now, skitelo said:

TBH you've chosen ugly skins to show us. They look like someone poured paint on them - no artristry at all.

They where the only skins in the video that where shown.

• Downvote 2

chippy    79

Some have said they don't want it in and why.
Some have said they do want it in and why.
Some have said they are indifferent if they are in and why.

Developers have stated they are looking into adding skins into the game and why, although the look and aesthetics of the skins is yet to be determined and shown.
They have also stated they would also be looking into a setting to disabled these (not sure if it was client/server sided though).

Until we get 100% confirmation with examples straight from the developers of what we can expect the skins to look like I really don't get what keeps this thread going.

• Upvote 3

LysoO    18
1 hour ago, xXclusiivE said:

I said I didn't care about skins but here is some low res shots from a modded COD W@W server with flashy skins.. yeah it doesn't look good in a WWII setting lol

This skins are fan made and they are ugly as fu*k... it looks like somebody put some ugly pattern to the texture and the UV mapping slice this pattern badly... :(

IMO skins will works pretty well... Maybe they can look like camos in cod = camuflages

smth like that???

http://www.cod7blackops.com/weapons/camouflages/

or

or just simply BLOODY CAMO - blood splashes applied to the gun.

DONT blame anybody for his/her opinion and dont blame DEV for something you've picked from different game :/

Edited by LysoO

xXclusiivE    3
16 minutes ago, LysoO said:

This skins are fan made and they are ugly as fu*k... it looks like somebody put some ugly pattern to the texture and the UV mapping slice this pattern badly... :(

IMO skins will works pretty well... Maybe they can look like camos in cod = camuflages

smth like that???

http://www.cod7blackops.com/weapons/camouflages/

or

or just simply BLOODY CAMO - blood splashes applied to the gun.

DONT blame anybody for his/her opinion and dont blame DEV for something you've picked from different game :/

I agreed with everything until you started putting words in my mouth, "DONT blame anybody for his/her opinion and dont blame DEV for something you've picked from different game :/".

I did not do any of this.

• Downvote 2

jonas01    50
3 hours ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

And we haven't denied that! :D

We've openly said our direction has changed, we also still support the community that want to play without skins. 

Joe

Haven't got a problem with skins, just think that flashy skins don't suit in a game where the setting is WW2 and the game is called Battalion 1944, not Battalion 2044. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Elemeno    1

Why don't they just have a setting in the options , where you can disable all skins and play with the original textures that way everyone is happy , 

• Upvote 1

seekax    176
37 minutes ago, jonas01 said:

Haven't got a problem with skins, just think that flashy skins don't suit in a game where the setting is WW2 and the game is called Battalion 1944, not Battalion 2044. 

I wasn't aware that the army plans to paint their weapons pink in the near future.

Regarding the option, other people being able to see the skins is a big part of advertisement and people's desire to own skins since they want to show them off. Having an option like r_details 0 would be the devs shooting themselves in the foot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

rmpel    19
13 minutes ago, Elemeno said:

Why don't they just have a setting in the options , where you can disable all skins and play with the original textures that way everyone is happy , 

there will be a option like this but cry babys cant handel it

seekax    176
2 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

So you are telling me that skins made by some randies in paint released on gamebanana don't look good?

For some reason a bunch of promod servers decided to add their own terrible skins, but somehow CSGO managed to make good looking skins in the same setting.

Edited by seekax

sadddddddd    2

Oh god,out of all things to have 5+ pages and millions of arguments over,you chose the feature that abosuletly wont have any effect when you are actually playing the game(dont you all feel a little silly)?

"Skins = more people playing Battalion = game is growing = everyone is happy. Just look at CS GO" This comment from @skitelo should end this topic ages ago.

Besides,its not like they are forcing you to play with skins.You will have option not to put any skin on your weapon,so that should be the end of your worries.Honestly,I didnt want to comment on this topic but I am getting notification everyday from same group of people who are obviously tilted for no reason and that gets me tilted^^

I really hope that this topic will come to an end,its really exhausting to see it all the time whenever i go to website.Now.let the downvoting begins

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Koffee    17

Joe has a point in the Dustin interview, RB6: Siege did realistic skins and they're pretty boring in all honesty, who wants to own a snakeskin gun? I dont care if there's skins in the game, at the end of the day its the gameplay I'm here for. And being a small dev team, micro-transactions could potentially be what keeps our game updated and alive so for the sake of a few crazy skins in the game it doesn't bother me. 

And If its true that players will have to option to turn them off in competitive play, then it literally has zero impact on the game and people need to get a grip. I can't think of a top 5 E-Sport without some kind of micro-transaction in place. It's obviously helps contribute to the games popularity and if there's no player base for a game, sadly there is no game.

This game will need all sorts of different players if it wants to be a competitive game. So I welcome the idea of skins, as I trust the developers to use that income to better the game, and I still believe they still have the heart of the competitor in-mind. 

Ideally I don't wanna see pink Kar98's everywhere I hope they're a bit more creative with their designs. Also wanna add that I'm not a massive skin person myself, but I can appreciate how it benefits the production of games.  

• Upvote 4

jonas01    50
On 26.4.2017 at 4:11 PM, seekax said:

I wasn't aware that the army plans to paint their weapons pink in the near future.

Regarding the option, other people being able to see the skins is a big part of advertisement and people's desire to own skins since they want to show them off. Having an option like r_details 0 would be the devs shooting themselves in the foot.

It was a joke about 2044 if you didn't understand. 

WeAsOne    228
On 26-4-2017 at 4:11 PM, seekax said:

Having an option like r_details 0 would be the devs shooting themselves in the foot.

Maybe you're right... Well let's see what kind of skins the DEVS have in their mind.. Maybe they are just gorgeous :)