natsu

Cheating | smurfing | Trolling

How are you guys going to deal with, Cheating, Smurfing, Trolling? 

Since a lot of online game now days have problems with the Smurfing and trolling, while in the old days it was mostly cheaters. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Probably a certain level needed to get into competitive (system similar to CS:GO).

45 minutes ago, RAFF said:

Probably a certain level needed to get into competitive (system similar to CS:GO).

That does not work at all (CS:GO for example).

• Downvote 1

Set level/time requirements for certain functions and an ingame report function and possbibly something similar to overwatch in CS:GO. I think it's almost impossible to completely deal with it. The way forward is having easy ways for the users to report and "detain" them.

Edited by chippy

Just now, xXclusiivE said:

That does not work at all (CS:GO for example).

Wouldn't say it doesn't work at all, it works fairly well.

It's the least bad system.

• Upvote 1

like a lot of things, they should just copy CS:GO's system, in terms of how long it takes to rank up to level 2. If we assume that for the progression levels we're using the COD ranks and progression is the same speed, then around level 10-20 would be decent.

Personally I have been thinking about this problem for a while and have seen several different systems. 

The CS:GO example is only a threshold really, which isn't hard to surpass(did it in 3 days) which only limits the amount of new accounts entering the competitive mod. It doesn't solve the problem just delay it. And besides that is making a prime account isn't hard either, you can do it with a cheap prepaid phone number. Those are 5 euro's here and CS:GO on sale is 7.50, so a total of 12.50 which is another threshold but wont stop new accounts to be made for trolling, smurfing or grieving.

Another system that could work and is quite interesting(I have read it somewhere before and is active in a game I think). Basically the players besides rank are split up by 'karma' score in different pools and are only allowed to play in that pool. Also with cheaters would be banned to a cheater pool so they only play against other cheaters. And in case players group together they play in the lowest pool that is available in that party.
The problem with this system is that the playerbase gets segregated and if there are only a few players matching would be near impossible.

This would make players play more often play with others that have similar 'karma' and make the experience better or worse depending on who you are.
It's sounds like a solid system to me but don't know how well it would work in the real world.

• Upvote 2

I think the cheater idea you proposed is quite good, something similar to what Respawn did with Titanfall, this way cheaters don't immediatly know they have been caught and keep playing against other cheaters instead of making a new account.

Problem with this again is that you just delay the cheaters until they realize they were caught. The fight against cheaters is unwinnable, it will be a continuous fight.

13 minutes ago, InstaPizza said:

Problem with this again is that you just delay the cheaters until they realize they were caught. The fight against cheaters is unwinnable, it will be a continuous fight.

Yeah but it would still take a while before they get a new account, if you combine this with a good kernel based anticheat as Battleye, you will have a tolerable amount of cheater

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Zane said:

Yeah but it would still take a while before they get a new account, if you combine this with a good kernel based anticheat as Battleye, you will have a tolerable amount of cheater

True, its mainly limiting the amount of cheaters or moving them somewhere else from the normal players. I really dont know how effective the methode i mentioned will be if implemented.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zane said:

Found battleye quite bad at least in Ark survival evolved it is. 

@the karma system sounds nice. but if you lose a game you prob would - vote the winner(s). 

32 minutes ago, natsu said:

Found battleye quite bad at least in Ark survival evolved it is. 

@the karma system sounds nice. but if you lose a game you prob would - vote the winner(s). 

On games such as R6:Siege, Dayz and PUBG is working quite well, it's the best around at the moment. 

• Upvote 1

@natsu the thing is not to rely on player input,that would skew the results. I would more rely on team damage, blocking. And possibly similar to the machine learning CS:GO is trying to use for hacker detection. But that takes a massive amount of information and an insane amount of work from the dev team. I would not expect this from Bulkhead.