rit

Textures/Colour [need dev's input] [quality]

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, Battalion looks great and all but here is some feedback.

The maps in Battalion look a bit bland, not full of any any color/they're too dark. Are these maps just concepts?

Wfgz9tV.jpg

FO4K2Eo.jpg

Can we have a map like this or can the dev's make a map that looks like CoD2 Carentan.... not copy it. but copy cod2's design. cod2 has amazing design.

Battalion's Carentan is too bland.
sReO0a1.jpg

Edited by rit
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

images from Bat44 you are using are from a pre-alpha footage. That s mean : not finished game.

They will improve it with time.

It's alpha/pre-alpha footage guys, the texture/lightning/colours are gonna change obviously but the focus is more on the core gameplay then on the looks right now.

Maybe watch the interview with @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON with Dustmouret it gives you a good inside what they are trying to achieve right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VBR_JC9Hs

Edited by dAYZ

The second footage is so old and you are still using it for comparison, kinda ridiculous.

I understand that graphics these days play a very important role in the success of a game, i belive thats a big reason why CS:GO got so popular but the game isnt even in Closed-Alpha right now and there is more important things to focus on, i wouldnt worry so much about it.

• Upvote 1

@rit I think you need to be a little more patient buddy. We're not even in the official closed alpha stage and they have stated the graphics on the maps is not a high priority, not yet. Getting all the maps and textures done right is obviosly important but at the current stage of the game it's simply not a high priority for the developers.

18 minutes ago, RIT. said:

WILL THERE BE A RESKIN ON THE MP40? 

the mp40 looks better on cod2 

Welcome to the forums RIT.

You're looking at low res. early alpha images there, and I bet those where taken with most graphic setting adjusted to minimum to get the best performance for testing the game.... 

I'll wait for the release until I pass judgement.  This way I'm looking at the game on my rig and not a video of a game played on who knows what?  Until then, I see no point in this discussion.  

I don't think that the graphic aspect of the game is a priority at the moment. Of course it needs work, but that's the "easy" part, I would like the devs to focus first on gameplay mechanics and map designs rather than improving graphics.