rit

Textures/Colour [need dev's input] [quality]

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Don't get me wrong, Battalion looks great and all but here is some feedback.

The maps in Battalion look a bit bland, not full of any any color/they're too dark. Are these maps just concepts?

Wfgz9tV.jpg

FO4K2Eo.jpg

Can we have a map like this or can the dev's make a map that looks like CoD2 Carentan.... not copy it. but copy cod2's design. cod2 has amazing design.

Battalion's Carentan is too bland.
sReO0a1.jpg

Edited by rit

Dev's need to update MP40 texture. It looks too bland.

images from Bat44 you are using are from a pre-alpha footage. That s mean : not finished game.

They will improve it with time.

Also, can the Carentan map be re made? it looks way too dark.

Posted (edited)

It's alpha/pre-alpha footage guys, the texture/lightning/colours are gonna change obviously but the focus is more on the core gameplay then on the looks right now.

Maybe watch the interview with @[DEV] BRAMMERTRON with Dustmouret it gives you a good inside what they are trying to achieve right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VBR_JC9Hs

Edited by dAYZ

The second footage is so old and you are still using it for comparison, kinda ridiculous.

I understand that graphics these days play a very important role in the success of a game, i belive thats a big reason why CS:GO got so popular but the game isnt even in Closed-Alpha right now and there is more important things to focus on, i wouldnt worry so much about it.

Can a dev update on how we're doing?

@rit I think you need to be a little more patient buddy. We're not even in the official closed alpha stage and they have stated the graphics on the maps is not a high priority, not yet. Getting all the maps and textures done right is obviosly important but at the current stage of the game it's simply not a high priority for the developers.

WILL THERE BE A RESKIN ON THE MP40? 

the mp40 looks better on cod2 

18 minutes ago, RIT. said:

WILL THERE BE A RESKIN ON THE MP40? 

the mp40 looks better on cod2 

Welcome to the forums RIT.

You're looking at low res. early alpha images there, and I bet those where taken with most graphic setting adjusted to minimum to get the best performance for testing the game.... 

I'll wait for the release until I pass judgement.  This way I'm looking at the game on my rig and not a video of a game played on who knows what?  Until then, I see no point in this discussion.  

I don't think that the graphic aspect of the game is a priority at the moment. Of course it needs work, but that's the "easy" part, I would like the devs to focus first on gameplay mechanics and map designs rather than improving graphics.

the current carentan is way too dark/dull.