Sign in to follow this  
Farq-S

Stacks - in-game economy

And why not just "play" with the weight?

Each weapon (rifle, grenade,...) have a weight.

If you have 1 grenade less than an other on a long distance you will be faster, but than you risk to see that it was perhaps better have more grenade,...

Well, make your arsenal is, as I see, a tactical skill.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

Guys, I haven't problems about downvotes but I like to know why.

The weight idea was so stupid?

If yes why? Perhaps you have good points of view against this idea and I'll really love to know them (perhaps you see something that I haven't see before as a potential problem).

Personally (And actually) I still with my idea:

- you can play as you would but keeping using particular skills that aren't, actually, very common

- you, as player, have to be good to balance your weapon skills with your arsenal and the arsenal of others (perhaps it can be possible, a little bit as in Rainbow Six Siege, to see what your team mates takes... in this way you, player, can choose how you will balance your team for the match)

But perhaps I haven't really understood the in topic focus... in this case sorry if I was OT

Cheers ?

Edited by [NGBC]CH_SwissWolf
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hey so on this topic; 

is there any info/leaks regarging whether or not cards will carry over to the next round? Could you for example keep sniping next round if your entire team wipes them without your help, or is ur sniper card used up then?

I recall them not wanting people hiding away saving their guns, but I dont know if this is really such a bad idea for the competitiveness of the game as it adds a nice game of risk/reward. However if they do want to get rid of it, how about getting to keep the gun if you win the round but not if you lose the round, thus removing the need to hide and survive?

Thoughts?

46 minutes ago, DiddumsJ said:

Hey so on this topic; 

is there any info/leaks regarging whether or not cards will carry over to the next round? Could you for example keep sniping next round if your entire team wipes them without your help, or is ur sniper card used up then?

I recall them not wanting people hiding away saving their guns, but I dont know if this is really such a bad idea for the competitiveness of the game as it adds a nice game of risk/reward. However if they do want to get rid of it, how about getting to keep the gun if you win the round but not if you lose the round, thus removing the need to hide and survive?

Thoughts?

they've not revealed any detail whatsoever how the mechanics of the economy will work only that it will exist.

4 hours ago, DiddumsJ said:

Hey so on this topic; 

Thoughts?

It would lead to a snowball effect tbh. If you have X amount of sniper cards, let's say 11 or so (I have no idea, it's just a number being inserted, we have no idea how many cards you will get), and you win 4 rounds in a row, whilst they are losing theirs, it seems a bit unfair as if they try to counter snipe you, and you keep on winning and/or killing them, then they don't a have a counter to you having a sniper, and depending on the map, a shotgun may not be viable to kill the sniper. So by the time you have spent 4 rounds trying to kill a guy who is just stomping on you, you now have 7 sniper cards, significantly less and certainly limits the options of the player.

On the topic of being able to keep a weapon after a round ends even if you lose, it makes no sense as you have a system where you are losing your currency or selection of available weapons, whilst in CSGO you are gaining a currency constantly every round that enables you to expand your selection of weapons. Ergo it sorta makes sense in CSGO. You are gaining currency every round but in this, you have a static number of weapons available that can only decrease. The idea of being able to stop this decrease in available weapons due to already having a weapon breaks the system essentially. It also will de-incentivise clutches. If you know you have nothing to lose but maybe a bit of pride and ego if you don't win a 1v1, you will in all likelihood go for it, and if you don't you're stupid. In CS you do see people try and go for those 1vX situations, but they are forced into those situations. They have been caught in a gunfight and so have to at least try and kill a player maybe and then run away, or kill the entire enemy team. I think when the player willingly goes for the clutch it's much more awesome, with them potentially being able to make more awesome moments than you see in a game like CS due to being able to clutch every round, or having that prospect at least.

8 hours ago, Masser said:

It would lead to a snowball effect tbh. If... 

That's some really solid arguing. 

I guess whats sort of grinding my gears is just the situation where you spend some resources that you end up not even having a chance to use, and you still lose them.

But then again I guess that is on yourself for spending a lot on the same round. Also I believe this would be very rare, and when it happens you'd still have a won round so nothing to cry over I suppose.