Gmzorz

A request from the COD editing community!

Hello everyone, 

My name is Jimmy, i go by the name of Gmzorz on YouTube. I run a channel with over 30k subscribers called OneClipContest, which is (primarily) a call of duty based channel. We organise weekly editing contests for the editing community.

As a big fan of the older call of duty games, i played my way through cod2, cod4, mw2 and mw3 which eventually led me to the editing scene. I started editing for other people, but soon realised i could be editing for myself, to express myself in a creative way. After seeing phantasy talk about battalion, i got really interested, this may open new doors for the editing community.

Now i've seen the new trailer, edited by Nikky, and it got me pretty hopeful about this game. "Cod is dying" is something you hear alot in the editing community, and it might be. Features such as theater mode are nowhere to be found in the newer cods. Features we really wish to see in newer games, possibly in battalion!

Together with some of my fellow editors, i've made up this list of features we would love to see in B44

• A replay system, Loading in demos, being able to cut those demos, being able to share them with other people, a system that's user friendly and easy to use

Inside the replay system we would love to see the following:

• A dolly camera inside the replay system, to make cinematic looking shots, being able to rotate and move the camera
  • Linking cameras to bones (Sequencer 
  • An adjustable bokeh-style depth of field (Battlefield 1 depth of field feature, The good dof method, The bad dof method)
  • Rendering clips in high quality, with multiple passes: green screen, world view without first person model, green screen for third person cinematics, depth pass, wireframe pass, normal pass (More info visit this link)
  • Color/Grading effects and tweaks
  • Customizable tweaks, Suncolor, Shadow color, sun position
  • Placeable/customizable lights in the scene (Bo3 has this, in its director mode, but it doesnt cast shadows so you guys could beat them on that)

(suggestions are welcome!)

If any of the first few points would be in the game, we would be happy to organise B44 OCC Weeks on our channel and promote the game as much as possible! As i am writing this, Nikky has confirmed that the game will be awesome for moviemaking, so im certainly hyped.

Cheers,

Jimmy (Gmzorz)

• Upvote 5

The replay system has already been confirmed to be in the plans by the devs, but don't expect it to have all these features on launch, it'll probably be added when the game is out of Early access with basic options and it'll get updated with more features with time

• Upvote 1

I am fully aware of the demo system, and i was looking for something like a theater mode @Soldat Ryan! thank you for that post

i think the only thing thats really important to us editors will be the dolly camera, but we'll see

• Upvote 1

Totally agree, theater mode will be a must but i doubt it will be in Bat44 as we saw it in CODBO  ... but we'll see as you said ;)

Cheers

Edit : ... Hooo and welcome to the forum ! :P

Edited by Soldat Ryan
  • Upvote 2

I totally agree. A dolly cam system for demo replays would be sick. I love editing and just watching early access game play gives me a promod feel and movies on that game are fantastic.

• Upvote 1

This kind of features is definitely a must have for a community based game (like modding tools and map editor).
I would add 1 suggestion to this post, a GIF exporter. This could allow the community to promote the game on social networks for you.

Edited by Connard

I think it would be very good for promotion. Before I even remotely think about buying a game - I check youtube videos of real game play, not so much the trailers. But to see how people play it, adept etc.

So +1 from me on this! Thumbsup for people that make this happen! B|

Totally agree theater modes in games like black ops was great fun to mess about with. Doesn't surprise me at all that its not in any of the so called next gen cods as the devs dont give a shit what the community want and instead spew out garbage for 10 year old kids. Hopefully this game wont go down the same path.

• Upvote 1