[CM] BigTuna

Closed Alpha Date Announcement KS Update + NikkyyHD Trailer Reveal

Hey guys!

As our Closed Alpha draws closer we have decided to set the Official Closed Alpha Release Date as May 26th!

We’ve decided to release a hype trailer to get you guys pumped for the Closed Alpha testing made by the one and only NikkyyHD, the creator of amazing frag movies such as ‘Clockwork 4’ and ‘sViix’. We hope you all enjoy this Closed Alpha announcement trailer from NikkyyHD! We all love it and we hope it made you ready to get stuck in to Battalion 1944.

In anticipation of the Closed Alpha, we’ll be sending out our Kickstarter Backer Surveys on the 28th April! Make sure to get your survey answers sent back to us as soon as possible after this date to make sure we can send you your Closed Alpha Steam code on the 24th May (which activate on the 26th).

We are all really excited to share Battalion 1944 with our Alpha backers and we’re looking forward to getting great feedback from all involved to make strides towards improving the game for everyone at the Beta & Early Access stages. Our Alpha is hugely important for us as it will enable us to identify bugs within Battalion quickly and efficiently with such a large first online playtest.

For our Alpha we have really focused on the feel first and foremost. The game is in no way done and we know there are things that need fixing, implementing and finishing but right now we are really trying to work on nailing down the feel of the game and it’s movement. Once we have the base we can build upon it and add more features/content ready for Early Access. The community is massively important to us and we are glad we can show you what we have been working on as well as giving you the chance to have your say in the direction of the Battalion. 

Development Roadmap 

Within the coming weeks we’ll be releasing a full development roadmap with a list of features that are expected to be implemented for each development stage. We’ll also be releasing a Alpha weekend schedule which will show what we’ll be focus testing as a community each weekend. 

Next Week’s Development Update 

Next week we will be releasing a small development update where we’ll be showing you the progress with our new third person animations & graphics tweaks! Stay tuned!

To recap, here’s all the dates you need to remember: 

• April 28th - Kickstarter Surveys get sent out 
• May 24th- Closed Alpha Steam Codes get sent 
• May 26th - First Closed Alpha weekend! 

That's all for now. Remember to watch your emails for our the surveys and for your Alpha Codes and we’ll see you in our servers May 26th! 

• Upvote 20

12 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Within the coming weeks we’ll be releasing a full development roadmap with a list of features that are expected to be implemented for each development stage. We’ll also be releasing a Alpha weekend schedule which will show what we’ll be focus testing as a community each weekend. 

Next Week’s Development Update 

Next week we will be releasing a small development update where we’ll be showing you the progress with our new third person animations & graphics tweaks! Stay tuned!

To recap, here’s all the dates you need to remember: 

• April 28th - Kickstarter Surveys get sent out 
• May 24th- Closed Alpha Steam Codes get sent 
• May 26th - First Closed Alpha weekend! 

That's all for now. Remember to watch your emails for our the surveys and for your Alpha Codes and we’ll see you in our servers May 26th! 

Great Tuna, thanks for the update! Really looking forward to all of this :P !

Edited by RUDLAR

10 minutes ago, Naroshi said:

It's really sad to see all those "I thought this was a Realistic-Shooter" haters on every video.

It'll blow over and people will get over it. The haters are always the loudest but at some point they'll move on. It's a shame the game wasn't what they thought it would be but I'm glad that it's looking to be what I always thought it would be :P.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

24 minutes ago, Freakshow said:

It'll blow over and people will get over it. The haters are always the loudest but at some point they'll move on. It's a shame the game wasn't what they thought it would be but I'm glad that it's looking to be what I always thought it would be :P.  

Same, was clear to me that its gonna look exactly how its looking now and im happy about it, been waiting for a game like that for over 7 years.

• Upvote 3

delivered as expected. those who don't think so, buy a dictionary and go play the games they said that were an inspiration for them aka cod2

Edited by mazh
  • Downvote 1

Please dont tell me you are doing the same thing with alpha as PlayerUnknownsBattlegrounds, where the closed alpha is only playable on the weekends. Or am I reading it wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like colors in this edit. I think it's how the final game should look like because it's way better than what we saw in gameplay video.

• Downvote 2

Just now, S7RVNGE said:

I've tried applying for the Alpha, but I get an error message...

403 error, access denied

Access denied. The request that brought you here was not valid.

Did you mean to go here: https://www.humblebundle.com?

It is closed. You can't buy it anymore. You have to wait until EA stage.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

They closed the store march 31th. You are 15 days too late mate. Sry but welcome to the forum. ;)

Thanks.

Hej guys I missed the open Alpha cause I attended the OOF5  LAN in Antwerp. Is there any chance to get an open Alpha Key, I think I would pay a bit more than the regular price. Of course I played CoD2 and CoD4 and still active obviously. Just let me know guys! Cheers

Bring it on members of M.a.B are having a meeting April 19th, mainly to see how many of us are still alive to be able to play.ha ha

COD2 game play with modern graphics yee ha cannot wait.

Those m1 garand shot at 52 seconds. Makes me so happy to see bullets going where you aim even while moving. 

Hey guys!

I'm so hyped, but a bit confused. Someone mind recapping what the different purchase options were? I bought it a while back to get the Alpha access but now I'm starting to think I might've bought something less than that. This is what it says in my humble-bundle confirmation email;

Thank you for supporting BATTALION 1944 PRE-ORDER STEAM EARLY ACCESS! 

Does this mean I will only get access when the game hits early-access some time in the fall? And if, then did I not gain anything from purchasing early, since I could've just waited and purchased it when it arrives on steam? oO

Thanks for helping me clear this up.. :)
J

40 minutes ago, DiddumsJ said:

Hey guys!

I'm so hyped, but a bit confused. Someone mind recapping what the different purchase options were? I bought it a while back to get the Alpha access but now I'm starting to think I might've bought something less than that. This is what it says in my humble-bundle confirmation email;

Does this mean I will only get access when the game hits early-access some time in the fall? And if, then did I not gain anything from purchasing early, since I could've just waited and purchased it when it arrives on steam? oO

Thanks for helping me clear this up.. :)
J

yeah looks like it... u know how much u paid? ~20€ early ~40€ beta ~60€ alpha