paardenmelk

How did you found your nickname?

paardenmelk    0

I had a few usernames in the past and my main name is 'Jasperzieboon' my real name is Jasper and sperzieboon means special beans, it is sort of dutch name.

How did you found your nickname?

WeAsOne    220

Had a few in the past also.. Now it's WeAsOne and that's because me and my wife are playing on the same account ;) so We together As One

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

vozER    109

Wanted a username that begins with the same letter as my first name, "V". So I just made this nick up when I was 13 years old and been using it ever since :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Freakshow    173

If you've ever seen Harold and Kumar get the munchies (or go to White Castle if you're American) then yeah, Freakshow from that. Love those films. They cater to my ridiculous sense of humour. :D

FrosteR    185

I once told the story to my old teammate Germaine and his description is pretty much spot on:

Erik was a young and naive young boy, just starting out in his gaming career. 
He saw people were using odd names such as Clogs, Cpt.Mike and K!LLER_B33 within online games. 
He thought he'd join the crowd, and thought "hmm..I want to be like some sort of ice man, and freeze things :)". 
Erik went on to choose "Froster". After receiving a reasonable education from the Netherlands he came to 
realise he should have named himself Freezer, being someone who freezes things. 
He's now stuck with his grammatically pathetic in-game name, FrosteR.
Edited by FrosteR
  • Upvote 3

DukeNukem    189

I carry mine since i played Duke Nukem on N64 lolol i had it on MS DOS aswell lolol series died but i try to keep the name going :) most games if you see a SSDukeNukem (steam ship i liked boats lol) or xXDukeNukemXx its probably me lol

I don't have many others that people know me by. The only one i can say i had was back in Command and Conquer Generals when i was top 50 in the RTS world, it was [NoS]PainMaker. Don't ask me what the NoS stood for....i think it was like the nitro from cars...Then the only other one would be TheKingofReapers which is in EVE because i messed up naming my character hahaha

mmiedzianyy    6

I had few nicknames in the past of course, but my current one is a name of a colour in Polish with "m" and "y" extra added. And why colour? Because my hair used to be copper-ish and that is why.. :D And to simplify pronunciation of my nickname to fellow outsiders i prefer it "Mied".

PS. No, im not ginger or red anymore, im blond now, don't ask why 'cause i don't know either :D

skitelo    52
6 hours ago, mmiedzianyy said:

PS. No, im not ginger or red anymore, im blond now, don't ask why 'cause i don't know either

You evolved.

• Upvote 2

DukeNukem    189
5 hours ago, Soldat Ryan said:

I let you guess :D

no way your name is Ryan and you were a soldier....no way....or no way you Saving Private Ryan and you were like "hmmmmmmm soldier ryan...hmmmmmmm" :P

Well... it was easy.

I'm swiss and I love Wolfies.

SwissWolf

And I've started to play on Battlefield Vietnam:

Battlefield_Vietnam_Coverart.png

Than, the first Steam/EA/Origin/... come out.

To play this game you have to be registered.

Well... I type: SwissWolf

Answer: sorry, this name is already taken

What??? But I'm SwissWolf!!!

Unfortunately one was faster than me (and it prove that I haven't choose an original name 😂).

CH is the abbreviation for Confoederatio Helvetica (Switzerland)

CH_SwissWolf

Not original, but I love hit! 

xXclusiivE    3

"Vergy" is my actual in game/nickname. My last name is Verge so when I was in the service people use to call me Vergy.

• Downvote 1

Naroshi    17

Had a few like most here, most come from either my sur or first name but the one im going with here is from a football magazine that im getting since i was 7 (I played football when i was young) they have been sending me this magazine for the past 16 years completly missspelling my name and now thats pretty much what i got here :D

• Upvote 1

Datamursu    28

I haven't used that many nicks in past if you don't count some random names for administrative purposes back in early CoDs. Battlefield 1942 and/or Rainbow six: Rogue spear were two first FPS games I played online and not that much so didn't care about any fancy nickname but as they were shooting games I took something resembling that in my own native language and added something behind it to make it unique (or though so). The nick I chose was Sotamursu (WarWalrus) but quite soon when I started to use IRC (mIRC) I noticed that there was someone else with that nick too, but I just added extra marks at both sides of nick then. Quite soon I had also change to move to Irssi-client and then I though that I could look if Datamursu was available and it was. Thanks to IRC-logs I know that change from Sotamursu to Datamursu happened exactly 29.9.2006 at 17:20:38 GMT+2 and I have used Datamursu everywhere I go since then (some rare cases someone already had it registered but not in real use =( ). I didn't though it much back then but later I noticed that this nickname was quite useful when playing with foreign people as they could just use that Data-part for calling me and not to try pronounce whole nickname while Finnish people could do that but mostly preferred to just use Mursu. 

• Upvote 2

apathy    0

Went through a few such as; Magma, Guilt, Forgiven etc. When I was 14/15 I had a real fascination with unique and kind of edgy alias', it came to the point where I was bored of my current alias and I wanted a new one, I think I used a thesaurus to find the name apathy and it stuck ever since. I also sometimes go as jME which is basically just a shortened version of my name, Jamie.

Razor    370
23 hours ago, JmaesAA said:

I spelt my actual name wrong once around 4 years ago.

RL name: James

IGN: Jmaes

Lamo :D

Don't remember how I got mine it's over 20 years ago but it stuck with me.. Proborbly looked for something similar to my rl Roger ;)

Smiley    20

lol cool name BlueSmiley :D  

I started out in 2004 under the name Boom in cod1, I was like 8 at the time, so yeah pretty original and cool right... not.  Went on to use that and Puma for about a year, and then someone said, your name should be smiley since you smile all the time! So I changed my name to Smiley in 2005 and have used it since. 

• Upvote 1

Well. Mine is a bit of a mess. So, initially I've used two different nicknames in different games. In some it was Spitfire (as I was going through initial fascination with WWII and I absolutely fell in love with the plane), in some it was Siemion (which 1) Is the Russian version of my irl name and 2) Was the first name of one of my favorite characters in Original War). For some time, that status quo continued.

Quick side note/fun story: In a game called Haxball (basically air hockey/soccer mix), I played as Siemion. My team leader was Spitfire. My TS name also was Spitfire. People were always confused to no end when we were on TS at the same time.

Anyway, eventually I started playing vCoD. There was that issue where all the free space after your nickname was filled by a digit repeated to infinity (in my case it was 3 with my first physical copy, then 5 in second and 3 again in 3rd; I lost my physical disks about once per 6 months). In my peanut brain, instead of thinking "how to remove the digits", I started wondering "how to make as few of them as possible show up". Genius solution? I've merged both nicknames I've used ("longer nickname = less 3's"), and that's how SpitfireSiemion appeared (erm, I mean, SpitfireSiemion33333333333333333333; thanks, CoD). Capital letters went away because for some reason I thought that it's impossible to have uppercase nicknames in Battlefield 3 (don't ask).

yiNMastah    104

Back in the days when i started out FPS gaming (MOH and Vietcong era) i was a try hard and doing pretty well for the first time. However i used random nicks such as characters from the game Jagged Alliance (Shadow (see avatar) and Magic).

Then when i really got the hang of FPS gaming (and as being an over-confident arse back then, i liked braggin about it <facepalm>) i felt like there was no one who could compete with me thus looked for a name that suggested i was "unmatched" or "unbalanced". Ergo the name "y!N" from yin & yang was born.

During my COD2 days i met a player called '" Masta " (withouth the h) which i fould really neat too. So i tend to either nick myself y!N or y!NMastah these days.

Note: since this forum did not accept the ! character after switching to different user group, @[CM] BigTuna turned it into an "i" for me :))

Edited by yiNMastah
typo
  • Upvote 1