Jump to content
Oldboy

82nd Airborne 505th RCT - 2017 Season

Recommended Posts

Oldboy    74

58e8d8b6f156f_82ndpatch.png.3237f309472cb826f3d770539a611401.png

So while I wait for Battalion I'm also getting myself hyped for the 2017 re-enactment season. The rattle of real M1's and Thompsons trumps any game honestly. Feel free to check us out.

 

I'll post future videos in this thread as the year goes on.

Edited by Oldboy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74

Thanks. Lots of stuff planned for the year. I have a new first person POV camera I'll be experimenting with so should come up with some even better footage.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razor    379

Brilliant and scary, I know the feeling of wanting to re-act this but then again why? It was terror for those who went trough it..? I got different feelings about stuff like this, for fun and action yes, but I would have thought about the poor vet's that actually went trough all this. With bullets that kill you :(O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74
On 02/05/2017 at 8:54 PM, Razor said:

Brilliant and scary, I know the feeling of wanting to re-act this but then again why? It was terror for those who went trough it..? I got different feelings about stuff like this, for fun and action yes, but I would have thought about the poor vet's that actually went trough all this. With bullets that kill you :(O.o

People do it for various reasons, personally I just think it's important to keep the memory alive as many of the vets won't be around for much longer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74

New video. Recreating the style of footage from shot by the signal corp in Normandy.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Razor    379
5 hours ago, Oldboy said:

New video. Recreating the style of footage from shot by the signal corp in Normandy.

 

That was cool, thx for sharing :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WolfEnstein    215

Yep, very good video again, OB. It would be great to see a video, shot in similar style, depicting your re-inacted combat footage with the German troops B| .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74
17 hours ago, WolfEnstein said:

Yep, very good video again, OB. It would be great to see a video, shot in similar style, depicting your re-inacted combat footage with the German troops B| .

Waiting for the right event to do that kind of filming at the moment however we do have a new video...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WolfEnstein    215

W:shock:W!

That was truly epic, OB, it was genuinely just like a clip from an old WWII movie B| .

On 16/05/2017 at 10:56 AM, Oldboy said:

Waiting for the right event to do that kind of filming.......

I can't wait to sse it, bro. An attack on an old farm house, fighting through abandoned buildings or close-quarter combat in a forest environment, all in COD2 SP-style :) .

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74

13323293_10154274272742774_6471588043485240439_o.thumb.jpg.5c19a6f2831cae3abf4e1ff56d1b1477.jpg

Looking for something to do this coming weekend? Open invite for any who wants to come along and see WWII Airborne troops in action. The 82nd Airborne 505th RCT will be present this weekend (2nd - 4th June) at GCR 2017 near Leicester. The group will be in and around Quorn (home of the 505th before they jumped into Normandy) the entire weekend with the battle re-enactment taking place (Sat - Sun only) at Rothley Station at 3PM.

I won't be attending myself as I'm heading to Normandy this year with the 508th PIR.

Watch last years battle below:

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WolfEnstein    215
On 31/05/2017 at 7:26 PM, Oldboy said:

I won't be attending myself as I'm heading to Normandy this year with the 508th PIR.

Are you and the lads taking part in an event over there, OB ?

Edited by WolfEnstein
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74
12 hours ago, WolfEnstein said:

Are you and the lads taking part in an event over there, OB ?

I'm heading to Normandy with another group this weekend to portray the 82nd A/B 508th PIR for the week. We were originally going to do a roughly 50km march in full kit. However with the heightened security in France due to the terrorism we are having to do a cut-down version.

Edited by Oldboy
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oldboy    74

Battle was slightly scaled back this year and we got mixed with the brits. Highlights from GCR2017.

 

Edited by Oldboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×