Sign in to follow this  
Kizmmit

The single most important feature that needs to be added

"Single most important feature" you say? I do hope you're trolling. ;)

Multiple topics on this and could care less for colored names. Colored names are the least of my worries right now.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

Multiple topics on this and could care less for colored names. Colored names are the least of my worries right now.

Are you the idiot from other threads that wants this game to be more like Battlefield/Arma or whatever daddy ww2 shooter people are suggesting?

18 hours ago, chippy said:

"Single most important feature" you say? I do hope you're trolling. ;)

Yes, I'm sorry if I have to point it out but it was a tongue-in-cheek comment about something that I think would be a good addition. Here's an article you might find helpful

Edited by Kizmmit
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I would like to see this. But i guess they might link the names to groups and steamnames. But maybe this could be Done by an option to change or modify your name in game. 

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

We will see.. i love the coulored names but not really NEEDED hahaha

But like i said.. would really really like it

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 hours ago, Kizmmit said:

Are you the idiot from other threads that wants this game to be more like Battlefield/Arma or whatever daddy ww2 shooter people are suggesting?

Yes, I'm sorry if I have to point it out but it was a tongue-in-cheek comment about something that I think would be a good addition. Here's an article you might find helpful

Maybe if you stop being lazy and go back to see the name of the "idiot" and find out but no, I am not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

Maybe if you stop being lazy and go back to see the name of the "idiot" and find out but no, I am not.

oh you're the casual idiot that didn't know that 'cod4' implied promod. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

On 2017-04-09 at 7:09 AM, Kizmmit said:

Jeez, the sass is real.

Okay, I'm just gunna come out and say that that linked article really tickled me @Kizmmit but please refrain from calling anyone a retard as that's against the forum rules! However I doubt we will have coloured names as it has to big an effect on gameplay and is not a huge NEED unfortunately. I'm sorry if you disagree but hopefully the rest of the game will out weight not being able to colourise your name! 

Thanks Tuna

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Okay, I'm just gunna come out and say that that linked article really tickled me @Kizmmit but please refrain from calling anyone a retard as that's against the forum rules! However I doubt we will have coloured names as it has to big an effect on gameplay and is not a huge NEED unfortunately. I'm sorry if you disagree but hopefully the rest of the game will out weight not being able to colourise your name! 

Thanks Tuna

I'll just have to make do.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Thanks Tuna

I don't really understand why this affects gameplay. U could use the colored names only on the scoreboard for example. I like the colors in names aswell but it doesn't have to be shown in console, chat or latest events usually shown at the left of the screen (example: kills).

Imo if you show it on scoreboards it will not affect the gameplay, even when you show the color when killing someone or getting killed it wouldn't disturb anyone i guess. Because this text is quite small isn't it? But if you think it would you could still leave this away.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, vozER said:

I think it was sarcasm :smile:

All of it?

20 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

However I doubt we will have coloured names as it has to big an effect on gameplay and is not a huge NEED unfortunately.

I just thought this part wasn't hehe ^^

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

All of it?

I just thought this part wasn't hehe ^^

Nah just the part you quoted from Tuna :D (at least I hope so)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't understand how it effects gameplay? 

So when your teammate gets a kill and their name comes up in rainbow writing and the person they killed comes up in rainbow writing it's a lot harder to distinguish the names of who is dead?

Or someones name comes up in all red it's hard to immediately distinguish if that's friendly or not!

You want to easily see the kill feed of who died not it be a wash of random colors and stuff.. surely that makes sense?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Don't understand how it effects gameplay? 

So when your teammate gets a kill and their name comes up in rainbow writing and the person they killed comes up in rainbow writing it's a lot harder to distinguish the names of who is dead?

Or someones name comes up in all red it's hard to immediately distinguish if that's friendly or not!

You want to easily see the kill feed of who died not it be a wash of random colors and stuff.. surely that makes sense?

Well the killfeed doesn't have to be costumized - only the scoreboard.

That's what I think he wants. And to be honest, I miss making cool clan names and such with colors. MAKE IT HAPPEN BROS! 

• Upvote 3

I like the white only approach cod4 had, cod1 and cod2 scoreboards had too much color variants.

Maybe add color only for the tag name or add a enable/disable feature to the servers/mods?

White only looks much more competitive and professional to me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 11.4.2017 at 3:37 PM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Not if allies and axis have separate team colors (green and gray for example), like this:
93d40b6d99.jpg

And only make colors appear on the scoreboard, like this:
ebbea1866f.jpg

When you kill an enemy, it would show the colors:              
9cbec8e287.jpg ("You killed" would always be colored white)

When you kill your teammate, it would always show "TEAMMATE" as red like this:
5cb958e645.jpg

I think it makes your nick and your clan feel unique:

36d1500ebb.jpg

I'm sorry, but I don't find this to have a big effect on gameplay. I only find it refreshing :P
But if you have made up your mind, I'm not gonna argue.

Edited by vozER
typos
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1