Sign in to follow this  
Kizmmit

The single most important feature that needs to be added

On 11.4.2017 at 2:37 PM, [CM] BigTuna said:

Don't understand how it effects gameplay? 

So when your teammate gets a kill and their name comes up in rainbow writing and the person they killed comes up in rainbow writing it's a lot harder to distinguish the names of who is dead?

Or someones name comes up in all red it's hard to immediately distinguish if that's friendly or not!

You want to easily see the kill feed of who died not it be a wash of random colors and stuff.. surely that makes sense?

Thank Gawd

3 hours ago, vozER said:

Not if allies and axis have separate team colors (green and gray for example), like this:
93d40b6d99.jpg

And only make colors appear on the scoreboard, like this:
ebbea1866f.jpg

When you kill an enemy, it would show the colors:              
9cbec8e287.jpg ("You killed" would always be colored white)

When you kill your teammate, it would show always show "TEAMMATE" as red like this:
5cb958e645.jpg

I think it makes your nick or your clan feel unique:

36d1500ebb.jpg

I'm sorry, but I don't find this to have a big effect on gameplay. I only find it refreshing :P
But if you have made up your mind, I'm not gonna argue.

Would love to see this coming back, I bet they will think this threw ;)! It gives a fun dimension to the feel of being in a team, at least that's how I felt back in those days :D

• Upvote 4

On 13/04/2017 at 10:23 AM, zabo said:

Is this something you'll consider or? Are we getting ignored - we need confirmation!

#dealbreaker

personaly i like @vozER hes view on this.it doesnt harms the gameplay when its only on the scorebord.

also wouldnt mind coloured binds in chat ^^

• Like 1

I back this up. Like i said aswell, show on scoreboard and show when you kill someone or get killed. But no in chat or other parts where it can be rly distracting. 

It's a great way to be unique as a team or a player. 

• Like 1

Its also how clans made themselves stand out on the server browser, Its simple but effective. Take BF1 for example, you load up the server browser its really bland and boring once your on the server (press tab) you might as well be on a dice official server there is no indication you are on a clan server. Servers that stand out has its regulars which creates a community which doesn't exist in today's fps games. Those days are dead.

Edited by vanr6

i also think colors gave a certain atmosphere in those old shooters. 

the way it was implemented in cod2 wasnt distracting at all.   @vanr6 has a good point. would be cool to have atleast colored clantags

Edited by n4w
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I understand why the devs wouldn't want to put this in. I think their goal right now is to make the game seem polished, solid, and professional as they show more and more of it to the public. 

I don't know about you guys, but when I'm playing CoD (hate me but console) and I see someone with a colored name join the lobby, they're almost always a modder with an aimbot who just ruins the experience. I'm sure the attitude towards these colored name players is different on PC than it is on console, but I figured I'd share my perspective.

On a side note: Will the game's username picking feature be similar to H1Z1 where usernames are mutually exclusive? I see a leaderboard tab on the top of the forum here and I guess I'm wondering if we will be able to choose our forum display names as our in-game usernames. 

I haven't played the alpha but I'm so hyped for this game!

Thanks guys,

Grant

It would be nice to see colored/designs names in scoreboard. 

Any info about clan tags in game? how it will be appearance? Colored? in [] or something like that? 

Edited by dr_nikif0r0s
  • Like 1