Smut28

Limit Sniper in Competitive and first shot accuracy

15 posts in this topic

Hi there,

My first post, finally a game I can pour as many hours into than cod2 and cod4 promod! 

First Request would be to get the config for competitive down. Limit 1 sniper, mr10 or mr12 would be perfect, obviously this is just what i would prefer. Search and Destroy

My main question was that, does the sniper shot go straight? Or is it like csgo? Would love to see the no scope frag movies come back in force! 

Would also like to see afew qerks in there like bullet boost. 

On cod4, if you capped a teammate with a deagle bullet whilst they were mid jump, theyd get a slight boost to speed in the air but also take a little damage, which would regen by the time you rushed the bombsite! These were the qerks that the dev was talking about in his ESX speech. Good luck with the alpha lads, hope we can get S&D in the alpha and not just TDM

21 minutes ago, Smut28 said:

Hi there,

My first post, finally a game I can pour as many hours into than cod2 and cod4 promod! 

First Request would be to get the config for competitive down. Limit 1 sniper, mr10 or mr12 would be perfect, obviously this is just what i would prefer. Search and Destroy

My main question was that, does the sniper shot go straight? Or is it like csgo? Would love to see the no scope frag movies come back in force! 

Would also like to see afew qerks in there like bullet boost. 

On cod4, if you capped a teammate with a deagle bullet whilst they were mid jump, theyd get a slight boost to speed in the air but also take a little damage, which would regen by the time you rushed the bombsite! These were the qerks that the dev was talking about in his ESX speech. Good luck with the alpha lads, hope we can get S&D in the alpha and not just TDM

What's a qerk?

First, welcome to the forums.

Off the bat i will say i do not support this idea on the first shot on the sniper to be inaccurate. Defeats the purpose of a sniper and I believe the only snipers will be bolt action. So the first shot will be the most important.

As per the limit, sure i agree...especially because the game is a 5v5

*quirk Not sure how to spell it! 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/quirk

I can understand why you wouldnt support the first bullet being centered but in competitive it can give the sniper a chance at close range. Anyone know if mod tools and dedicated servers are available.?

Posted (edited)

I'm for the idea of more accurate noscopes as I feel like it's a good idea to try and limit the amount of rng in the game. Nobody would like it if they got killed by a sniper that wasn't even aiming at them.

yes there are dedicated servers and mod tools.

Edited by Pinder

6 minutes ago, Smut28 said:

*quirk Not sure how to spell it! 

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/quirk

I can understand why you wouldnt support the first bullet being centered but in competitive it can give the sniper a chance at close range. Anyone know if mod tools and dedicated servers are available.?

Both are in

100% need first shot accuracy on every weapon at every time. Where that iron sight is pointed or croshair placed the bullets must go.... or we just CSGO now boys. 

Again this question

😢😭

Personally I would say no thanks at both.

Why we speak always about a sniper limitation?

Personally I love to play as sniper/Recon and I dislike runners (ups... wrong thema) and heavy machine gunners (yea, this would be in topic👌🏻)

Why competitive scene couldn't have, for extreme example, snipers VS snipers?

Or Snipers VS heavy guns?

Sniper is to easy because he has 1 shot = 1 kill?

The player must have skills to have a 100% hit score, and if he loose the first shot a sniper would be into a bad situation.

Make maps with few 'open spaces' (for a long range shot... but please don't take them completely away) and a sniper wouldn't be a good tactical choice.

Skills are too, as I see, to take the right class for a specific map.

You are on an open field? Sniper

Into a city? Rifle

Into Venice? Rifle/Shotgun

A fight Snipers VS Snipers can give you a lot of fun too.

To slow action for a good streaming session? Meaby, but try to play and you will have adrenaline that grow up... you will look all the hidden spots, looking for something strange... aim... shot...

Just stating a fact here. Any legit successful esports FPS will never have sniper's Vs sniper's or allow more than one sniper per 5 man team. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Smut28 said:

Just stating a fact here. Any legit successful esports FPS will never have sniper's Vs sniper's or allow more than one sniper per 5 man team. 

4e43960bd9.jpg

Counter Strike Global Offensive 

Edited by muso
emphasis

HAHA Sorry i was tired! I feel ashamed. I was just picturing a snipers vs snipers gamemode and it just sent my brain into shut downn

1st shot inaccuracy should not be there for any gun in my opinion, it's a dumb concept to have and it just gives the devs something to hide behind.

For example, instead of fixing hitboxes/hit registration, devs/people will just blame 1st shot inaccuracy. It has no place in a competitive environment

I think its no fun when you aim at someone's head and the bullet decides to go somewhere else..

Makes no sense indeed!

Completely agree.

Can i just say i was in favour of first shot accuracy. For some reason IV been downvoted! First shot accuracy for all guns is a must. I'd even suggest that bolt action sniper's fire straight from hip as well allowing for quick scope and no scopes