Sign in to follow this  
sNrklhaai

Competitive wars / Clanwar

jcuz    103
4 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

I really liked my time on COD4 pro circuit lol i was B team but i was young and it was just fun for me. I really don't understand this whole thing with "a feel for the side". To me its either you know it or you don't. You know the map so you know the pros and cons.

Thats strictly an opinion and so is this next part....not that i don't understand where people are coming from...... it seems to me there is too much "feeling" rather than getting into the true nature of the professional skill level. I think of it like airsoft games or when i train CQB with military personnel, you don't know what you are going to get and you need to adapt fast. There is none of that skill anymore....one map is boring....i mean come on what would be better than to transfer to a map your team knows the nooks and crannies after you just got your butt handed to ya on another map? Then what is better than owning a team that knows the map but you don't?

I can't really see a 2nd map in matchmaking kicking off, maybe if it was an opt in sorta thing.. But even then I can't see it being used often.

DukeNukem    187
Just now, jcuz said:

I can't really see a 2nd map in matchmaking kicking off, maybe if it was an opt in sorta thing.. But even then I can't see it being used often.

neither do i, but its a shame it won't. 

Masser    52
18 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

I really liked my time on COD4 pro circuit lol i was B team but i was young and it was just fun for me. I really don't understand this whole thing with "a feel for the side". To me its either you know it or you don't. You know the map so you know the pros and cons.

Thats strictly an opinion and so is this next part....not that i don't understand where people are coming from...... it seems to me there is too much "feeling" rather than getting into the true nature of the professional skill level. I think of it like airsoft games or when i train CQB with military personnel, you don't know what you are going to get and you need to adapt fast. There is none of that skill anymore....one map is boring....i mean come on what would be better than to transfer to a map your team knows the nooks and crannies after you just got your butt handed to ya on another map? Then what is better than owning a team that knows the map but you don't?

In that case you must think a bit differently. On twitch if you watch anyone who plays CS or R6:S which are the main two large scale comp shooters atm, people can have their play effected by a lot of things. The amount of times I have watched a CS stream and they have lost despite being an amazing player due to just not feeling the game at point is often. It's the players decision if they want to play a team match and play another team on a map they know well. The good teams will rise to the top due to pushing themselves and will go further. If a team plays the same map 5 times in a row, let them. Doesn't hurt you as a player unless you object to it as a team member for one of those teams.

DukeNukem    187
10 minutes ago, Masser said:

In that case you must think a bit differently. On twitch if you watch anyone who plays CS or R6:S which are the main two large scale comp shooters atm, people can have their play effected by a lot of things. The amount of times I have watched a CS stream and they have lost despite being an amazing player due to just not feeling the game at point is often. It's the players decision if they want to play a team match and play another team on a map they know well. The good teams will rise to the top due to pushing themselves and will go further. If a team plays the same map 5 times in a row, let them. Doesn't hurt you as a player unless you object to it as a team member for one of those teams.

i do, but i would like something different than the same old thing over and over again...and by thing...i mean competitive system

sNrklhaai    49

Playing two maps is like playing home and away. It's something that survived in competitive sports and esports. As this still works there is no reason to change this imo. The focus could be will a game last to long or not. For example u could bring the rounds per side back to 8 or something, or reduce the minutes per round to keep players from camping and rounds will end faster. I guess bulkhead could suit both sides with adding different matchmodes. (1 map , 2 map gamemodes)

vozER    109

It would be awesome to master a map and then try to struggle against the enemy's home map. People tended to get a little scared back in the times when they knew that some team was good in a certain map. That's what I want to feel again too. Not to play 1 map all the time. CoD2 used to have that too, but nowadays it's just 3 maps that everyone plays (Toujane, Burgundy, Dawnville).

There could be two different queues for them - people who like to play 1 map and people who likes to play 2 maps.

Just my two cents.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

vapo    6

Solo queue 1 map whatever map u choose to queue for. (think CS:GO)

Team queue each team chooses a map. (No need for spamming IRC to play a pcw)

• Upvote 1

sadddddddd    2
6 minutes ago, vapo said:

Solo queue 1 map whatever map u choose to queue for. (think CS:GO)

Team queue each team chooses a map. (No need for spamming IRC to play a pcw)

+1