• Downvote 7

vozER    109
6 minutes ago, pukiz said:

Tell us a few more times how much you dislike sprint

Why don't you tell your opinions

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

sNrklhaai    49

I agree on the things you stated that could be improved. The only thing that i don't dislike so much is the hit indicator. It kinda looks like cod 2. They can get rid of this or leave it i don't bother about this to much. The other things are way more important to me. For me everything that looks or feels like quake shouldn't be in this game, but that's my opinion.

• Upvote 1

mmiedzianyy    6

My response. Excuse me @vozER for using your points :)

1. Sprint - maybe a little bit slower
  2. I never felt the BT44 recoil by myself, but as Devs of the game they know how to handle it properly and maybe that's why it looks small?
  3. The movement seems to be ok but I think that the sprint makes you feel the game is way faster we thought it would be.
  4. Red dots off - agree!
  5. CoD4 Promod players know how jumping was awesome after mastering that. I believe it depends on the skill as Devs mentioned it several times. But.. for me it could be reduced by 15%.
  6. Hit indicator is very satisfying, especialy when playing rifles ^^
  7. I believe you can be pretty accurate irl when hip firing. I think its good now.
  8. Yes, yes and yes! Compass COD2 style. It requiers from the players an actual knowledge of the map. Only A & B bombsite indicators.
  • I really like the colors. They are bright, alive and very pleasant. Its a great plus for me.
  • Kar98 is pure reflection from call of duty 2 and i love it! My favourite weapon of all!
  • I would increase the aiming weapon 'fov'. I think it's to close to the cheek.
  • Sprint POV animations looks very good, fluid without any unnecessary creations.
  • I hope that there will be a variety of map sizes. Manor is quite too small for S&D. Like killhouse in COD4.
  • Ready up time and button in every competetive match. Mr10/12 style. - i know it doesn't treat the gameplay video.
  • I would delete bolting animation every weapon switch. It could be used only at the beginning of the round to ready up your weapon, like in Insurgency. It builds the immersion.

I think that is all for now.

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    217

1, 2 and 3. Can't say much about the movement/sprint and recoil before I tried it myself
4. Red dots off, or like hit-indicator:

5. About the jumping is too rewarding I maybe agree (from the footage, but would like to try it out first)
6. The hit indicator is fine by me, what exactly would you ( @vozER ) change?

Farq-S    370
4 hours ago, vozER said:

My personal opinions:

Things I would change
1. No sprint - if sprint was permanent i would agree but currently can only sprint for 3 seconds. prefer sprint to no sprint
2. More recoil on all weapons. - agree, increase between 5-10%
3. Movement is way too fast - disagree. felt perfectly fine to me
4. Red dots off - agree. i prefer none but if they remain add element of fog of war to mini-map
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping - disagree. if like cod4 jumping takes a lot of practice to perfect
6. The hit indicator - less prominent would be nice
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed - agree, add 5% to hipfire spread
8. Map should be a compass - compass is my preference but mini-map with no red dots is fine too 

(On the other hand
* The movement is smooth - feels just like cod4
* The KAR98K looks really nice - agree
* Weapons look quite good - agree
* Map layout seems good - agree
* Well...everything else seems quite good

see my comments above

ToonBE    254
5 hours ago, vozER said:

My personal opinions:

Things I would change
1. No sprint doesnt matter to me
2. More recoil on all weapons. YES! like 900% more.
3. Movement is way too fast dunno yet
4. Red dots off nah, for spotted ennemies red dot is fine
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping dunno yet
6. The hit indicator remove this, if you want feedback on hit add hit sounds, but this just clutters the UI. I don't like it as well
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed UGH, what? I don't agree. Increase hip fire accuracy please!
8. Map should be a compass we're not playing 1999 game

(On the other hand
* The movement is smooth yes
* The KAR98K looks really nice yes
* Weapons look quite good yes
* Map layout seems good yes
* Well...everything else seems quite good need to try it first

see above

• Downvote 2

DukeNukem    189
6 hours ago, vozER said:

My personal opinions:

Things I would change
1. No sprint Sprint if fine, just seems a bit fast. So slight reduction in speed
2. More recoil on all weapons. Yes, much more recoil
3. Movement is way too fast If the sprint gets reduced it will be slower
4. Red dots off This should be toggable for servers. For competitive there needs to be its own discussion because CS:GO uses red dots on maps and noone seems to have an issue.
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping I gotta test on alpha to see
6. The hit indicator Less visible and id like more of a visual on the enemy such as a blood splatter or at least a reduced sized hit indicator
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed Unzoomed meaning ADS? The automatic ones, yes. The Kar was fine but the M1 needs more recoil for sure.
8. Map should be a compass Maybe, lets see in alpha

ToonBE    254

to elaborate further on the "red dot"

The mode was team deathmatch where it is quite normal to have this info.

In search and destroy the red dot will probably not show when an enemy fires, but more so when you or your team mate spots an enemy.

• Downvote 3

xXclusiivE    5
2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

Things I would change
1. No sprint - if sprint was permanent i would agree but currently can only sprint for 3 seconds. prefer sprint to no sprint
2. More recoil on all weapons. - agree, increase between 5-10%
3. Movement is way too fast - disagree. felt perfectly fine to me
4. Red dots off - agree. i prefer none but if they remain add element of fog of war to mini-map
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping - disagree. if like cod4 jumping takes a lot of practice to perfect
6. The hit indicator - less prominent would be nice
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed - agree, add 5% to hipfire spread
8. Map should be a compass - compass is my preference but mini-map with no red dots is fine too 

(On the other hand
* The movement is smooth - feels just like cod4
* The KAR98K looks really nice - agree
* Weapons look quite good - agree
* Map layout seems good - agree
* Well...everything else seems quite good

I don't think me and you played the same CoD4 game. I have't tried it yet but there is no way possible that BAT44 and COD4 feels the same for movement. You have to be talking about Promod because COD4s movement is nothing like this.

1 hour ago, ToonBE said:

My personal opinions:

Things I would change
1. No sprint doesnt matter to me
2. More recoil on all weapons. YES! like 900% more.
3. Movement is way too fast dunno yet
4. Red dots off nah, for spotted ennemies red dot is fine
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping dunno yet
6. The hit indicator remove this, if you want feedback on hit add hit sounds, but this just clutters the UI. I don't like it as well
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed UGH, what? I don't agree. Increase hip fire accuracy please!
8. Map should be a compass we're not playing 1999 game

(On the other hand
* The movement is smooth yes
* The KAR98K looks really nice yes
* Weapons look quite good yes
* Map layout seems good yes
* Well...everything else seems quite good need to try it first

The game needs to be playable, please start being realistic.

Not CSGO, you better get use to ADS'ing.

ToonBE    254
2 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I don't think me and you played the same CoD4 game. I have't tried it yet but there is no way possible that BAT44 and COD4 feels the same for movement. You have to be talking about Promod because COD4s movement is nothing like this.

The game needs to be playable, please start being realistic.

Not CSGO, you better get use to ADS'ing.

YES YES PLS CSGO WWII RESKIN YES EPIC NICE AWESOME SKIN FOR CSGO PLX THX

• Downvote 7

pukiz    33
8 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

None of the devs ever talk about any other form of COD4 other than promod, I'm a bit confused as to what you think the movement is based on

• Upvote 2

Jester    5

How many times do the devs need to explain themselves. The purpose of the video was to show what they've done so far, it was a present from them to us, for being so patient.

Do any of you complaining, really think that the game is going to stay like how you've seen in the pre-alpha stage?

Obviously the movement will be sorted.

Obviously the weapons will be tweaked.

Obviously the UI will change.

This is the point in the alpha testing, to get all this shit sorted. Most of this shit will be changed before the alpha comes anyway, then there will be more tweaks depending on the feedback.

What sort of idiots do you take the devs for? They're more than capable, just let them get on with it, and when alpha comes, make your suggestions, and they WILL listen to the community. The last thing the game needs is threads like this. Closed alpha and beta phases aren't for our entertainment, they're to fix the game.

Edited by Jester
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    5
2 hours ago, pukiz said:

None of the devs ever talk about any other form of COD4 other than promod, I'm a bit confused as to what you think the movement is based on

When I say COD4 I am talking about the base game. The way you are explaining it is like calling a Project Reality Battlefield 2. Just doesn't make sense. A mod of a game is not the actual game its self. xD

2 hours ago, Jester said:

How many times do the devs need to explain themselves. The purpose of the video was to show what they've done so far, it was a present from them to us, for being so patient.

Do any of you complaining, really think that the game is going to stay like how you've seen in the pre-alpha stage?

Obviously the movement will be sorted.

Obviously the weapons will be tweaked.

Obviously the UI will change.

This is the point in the alpha testing, to get all this shit sorted. Most of this shit will be changed before the alpha comes anyway, then there will be more tweaks depending on the feedback.

What sort of idiots do you take the devs for? They're more than capable, just let them get on with it, and when alpha comes, make your suggestions, and they WILL listen to the community. The last thing the game needs is threads like this. Closed alpha and beta phases aren't for our entertainment, they're to fix the game.

People paid to have the right to complain, they paid to have the right to spread their opinions, this is a game forum. So you would like everyone to be silent for the next month while we wait? If you guys can talk about what you like and dislike about the game on the discord then others can do the same here on the forums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Jester    5
1 minute ago, xXclusiivE said:

People paid to have the right to complain, they paid to have the right to spread their opinions, this is a game forum. So you would like everyone to be silent for the next month while we wait? If you guys can talk about what you like and dislike about the game on the discord then others can do the same here on the forums.

Sorry but what were you expecting pre-alpha? A completed game? C'mon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    5
Just now, Jester said:

Sorry but what were you expecting pre-alpha? A completed game? C'mon.

No, nobody was.. people are just here simply giving there opinions and you don't want them too LOL nobody is saying anything of their suggestions should have been already in the game. They are simply stating how they would like things to be or tweaked.

• Upvote 1

Jester    5
Just now, xXclusiivE said:

No, nobody was.. people are just here simply giving there opinions and you don't want them too LOL nobody is saying anything of their suggestions should have been already in the game. They are simply stating how they would like things to be or tweaked.

But there is nothing new being said here. The devs have already said it will have improved by the time we get alpha access anyway.

I don't mind new ideas being mentioned, but when people are raging about the same shit that has either already been discussed within the community, or confirmed by the developers, then it's annoying seeing the forums being filled with repetitive stuff, instead of focusing on genuine ideas that are new. Too much energy is being wasted on "omg what is this movement", "is this quake", "what is this recoil", which has already been confirmed to change. Put the energy into something more productive, if you really care about the game.

Remember, there is a search function on the forums, nothing suggested in this thread is new.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    5
16 minutes ago, Jester said:

But there is nothing new being said here. The devs have already said it will have improved by the time we get alpha access anyway.

I don't mind new ideas being mentioned, but when people are raging about the same shit that has either already been discussed within the community, or confirmed by the developers, then it's annoying seeing the forums being filled with repetitive stuff, instead of focusing on genuine ideas that are new. Too much energy is being wasted on "omg what is this movement", "is this quake", "what is this recoil", which has already been confirmed to change. Put the energy into something more productive, if you really care about the game.

Remember, there is a search function on the forums, nothing suggested in this thread is new.

See now that you actually explained it I can agree with you lol

RLpacifist    71
7 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

For me everything that looks or feels like quake shouldn't be in this game, but that's my opinion.

Well, true old school FPS mechanics are literally Quake to the core as most of the games of that era were built on the same engine. COD2 looks and feels a lot like a slowed down version of Quake, in my opinion.

Actually, seeing how they put such a clean cut to the base mechanics - completely omitting the more realistic implementations of the younger titles - is a much greater surprise than anything I would have allowed myself hoping for. Besides pleasing my personal preference, I also do believe this is a smart decision, that is, not going for a compromise trying to marry the past and presence game styles, assuring no to end up with a game being neither fish nor fowl. Not to forget there most likely will be that half-assed-going-back-to-the-roots COD2 by Activision themselves this year.

• Upvote 5

Things I would change
1. No sprint - its a modern game, even CSGO has some sort of 'sprint'. Whilst you might dislike it, you are after all a hardcore COD2 player, the are many other players that want it
2. More recoil on all weapons.- You can't tell the recoil if you're watching the video, a lot of the recoil has been upped but I'm controlling it pretty well. But we are upping them again anyway.
3. Movement is way too fast- We're testing slower movement now, will let you know the results
4. Red dots off- no, it helps new players not only compete but also learn to use sound and direction. 
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping- agreed, we're looking at this. But we do enjoy the movement side of the game, slick movement will contribute to top players games.
6. The hit indicator- will be staying, but do you have something you specifically don't like about it?
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed - agreed, but this was really just a time thing, we hadn't had time to tweak.
8. Map should be a compass" - because you play cod2, but why the f*** do you need to know where north is? 

Hope that helps, will watch for your response, I'm crazy busy but I'm reading everything! 

• Upvote 10

Jester    5
8 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

but why the f*** do you need to know where north is?

Was waiting for you to shut this down. I wish I could say this will be the last I hear about any of this, but unfortunately more shit will be said because apparently the search button isn't available for everyone (maybe we need to add a north sign on it to help them find it).

Edited by Jester
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WeAsOne    217
1 hour ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Hope that helps, will watch for your response, I'm crazy busy but I'm reading everything! 

I can't really understand the switch from "no minimap, just compass" to "minimap with exact enemy position red dots"

Isn't is better to use this:

its a mid-way solution..

Hope you will read it

Thx

pukiz    33
1 minute ago, WeAsOne said:

I can't really understand the switch from "no minimap, just compass" to "minimap with exact enemy position red dots"

It's hardly a switch if it wasn't a compass in the first place though really is it

• Downvote 2

WeAsOne    217
6 minutes ago, pukiz said:

It's hardly a switch if it wasn't a compass in the first place though really is it

If it was a compass with red dots it woudn't reveal your exact-exact location..

I will adapt to the final choice of the devs but this red dots are dificult to me..

I was one of the persons that almost "gave a party" when they did say there would't be a minimap.. it was that exciting to me..

Don't forget I still LOVE the game ;)

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1