Sign in to follow this  
kingzanga

Player Cap?

So I was just wondering have we had any information regarding how big matches can and will be? In terms of player count. I know they said they want to do 5v5 SnD as their main competitive mode. However my CoD2 experienced consisted of mostly 8v8, 16v16, 32v32 games on public servers. A lot of fun and spend most of time on public servers playing casual rather than comp and scrims. Can we expect such high numbers? 

I'm guessing you'd be able to set the player limit on your own server to your own liking but for public matches I'd say 8v8 (max 16) would be the limit if you're playing on the standard maps since they will be balanced around 5v5.

7 minutes ago, vanr6 said:

Finding a server that was 32V32 TDM was always my preferred choice, if TDM was capped to 9v9 or less i would be gutted.

32 vs 32 TDM on Carentan (CoD1) was no fun at all.. enemies spawning at your back or yourself spawning in front of 5 enemies..

And what about the enemies "nading" your spawn.. so you got killed 5 times before you could get out of there..

And this issue was not only with 32 vs 32, but also with 15 vs 15

Edited by WeAsOne

Console ports started these small player cap servers, I remember playing the console version of cod4 for the first time at a friends house and thinking Jesus christ how can you find any enjoyment from playing an ONLINE GAME! thats right.. an ONLINE GAME!.. on a 6v6 server. It was horrific lol they truly were 10 steps behind PC games so then PC had to downgrade itself to make the playing field equal across all platforms (goodbye 32/62 man servers). It blew his mind when he played the pc version :)

Edited by vanr6

Don't see a reason to cap it for public or custom servers, as for the internal competitive mode obviously it's capped and balanced.
If people want carnage, 3v3 or anything else why not, those who don't can just avoid those servers, key is not locking down the entire game, 
that's what most AAA developers do to the extreme.