Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Koffee

Will there be emphasis towards in-game voice?

5 posts in this topic

Title basically,

I know its something simple, but I'd hate for it not to get the attention it deserves. Below are some bullet points I'd consider when having a mic system in a public but competitive environment;

My Main Point:

• - When a player dies they have "x" amount of seconds to communicate the information to the team before their mic becomes muted. Allowing the rest of the team alive to receive the information and then concentrate, listen for sounds and in a sense "play their own game" based of that information called when said player died. 

(For public games where rank is important this might be helpful). Obviously when it comes to Scrims ect, the teams will be in TS or Discord. (An example of this feature can be seen at: ESEA). 

Don't forget, making mistakes is how people learn. Trying to tell a player what to do in an intense situation just makes it worse for the one playing. If you spot mistakes in their play, you have the next round to tell him not at the time they are playing. 

Simple Features:

• - Only include "Push-to-Talk" 
  • - Ability to mute Individuals
  • - Some kind of "Voice_Scaling", changing the volume of the voice only not the in-game effects.
  • - Generally good quality, no one wants to hear everyones mic crackling when they use it. It's 2017 you should be hearing people loud and clear.

FYI- sorry if I've missed words in some of these sentences I'm stupidly tired right now. Not sure if this is helpful, the system does have it's downsides, but at the same times allows the competitive side of the game flourish.

You've got some good ideas there in respects to in-game "VOIP", Koffee. However, I'm sure I read earlier that Howard said that this won't be implemented in "BAT44".

10 minutes ago, WolfEnstein said:

You've got some good ideas there in respects to in-game "VOIP", Koffee. However, I'm sure I read earlier that Howard said that this won't be implemented in "BAT44".

VOIP will be included in a basic form, so you'll be able to communicate with other players but they won't be able to tell your position on the map using VOIP which is what you're probably thinking of :) 

On 4/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, pukiz said:
On 4/5/2017 at 3:38 PM, pukiz said:

VOIP will be included in a basic form, so you'll be able to communicate with other players but they won't be able to tell your position on the map using VOIP which is what you're probably thinking of :) 

Yeah man, I dont want some crazy VOIP just an emphasis on teamwork ect. for example if you dont use a mic in CS people complain because it's pretty necessary to communicate in that game. Maybes it's different in b44 idunno.