Sign in to follow this  
xXclusiivE

Are refunds even possible at this point?

Meaning people who pre-ordered off of humble.

I am stuck between keeping my pre-order or just waiting for Steam Early access. After seeing the footage I now have a really good impression on the direction. You can verbally tell us the direction but visually seeing it is a whole new thing. I can see this being a game that I would pick up and play for a couple hours every month but a game that I play everyday or at least invest 5+ hours a week in. I can't see it so are refunds available for humble pre-orders or no?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Keep in mind it is only in early alpha. Don't judge a game without getting your hands on it too much.

2 hours ago, Masser said:

Keep in mind it is only in early alpha. Don't judge a game without getting your hands on it too much.

Oh I know. I just expected more CoD2 movement is all. Tuna said in the discord that they are addressing the fact that the game is currently really fast but I am wondering how much it will be dialed down. I feel for myself to enjoy it if they dial it down even 15% that wont be enough for me. I don't enjoy or even like watching someone be able to run like Usain Bolt and jump like Mike Powell.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

I kinds agree on the running and jumping it's a bit to much. In Cod 1 you were able to get on a roof by jumps. But jumping felt still realistic because it wasnt very far off a normal person could do. This video looked more like a freerunner jumping roofs. I hope they Will decrease this. But the alpha is about feedback rightt. So Lets play and give them back our oppinions. I dont Think a Refund is possible because an upgrade from kickstarter wasnt either. Maybe you can sell to someone on the forums who Discovered the game to late. But i wouldnt, we need people in the alpha who give this feedback aswell, so they can maybe do something about this. 

Edited by sNrklhaai
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll copy paste what I said to someone in another thread.

Devs will most likely be busy at EGX, so I'll save them the time and say you can't get a refund from a kickstarter, it has already ended, and all the money has been put towards their budgets.

What I will add though:

The game's direction has never changed, from the start it has always said there will be some inspiration from COD2, but never an exact copy of the game. Battalion 1944, is not call of duty, or anything alike. It is it's own game, with it's own community, values, goals, and harder working developers. I'm not sure what your expectations were, but you have never been lied to, so if you felt like the game has went into a direction you originally thought would be something else, then that's on you for misreading whatever has been posting on the kickstarter page, and on this forum.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the game, but refunds are not possible. I hope you still give the game a chance though (in whichever phases of early access you bought it in), you might end up liking it :)

* Where I've said kickstarter, pretend I said humble store. Regardless of where you bought it, same rule applies.

Remember, what you saw was pre-alpha footage (it wasn't even alpha yet), and things have been improved since (from what Phantasy said in his video).

Edited by Jester
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Jester said:

The game's direction has never changed, from the start it has always said there will be some inspiration from COD2, but never an exact copy of the game. Battalion 1944, is not call of duty, or anything alike. It is it's own game, with it's own community, values, goals, and harder working developers. I'm not sure what your expectations were, but you have never been lied to, so if you felt like the game has went into a direction you originally thought would be something else, then that's on you for misreading whatever has been posting on the kickstarter page, and on this forum.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the game, but refunds are not possible. I hope you still give the game a chance though (in whichever phases of early access you bought it in), you might end up liking it :)

There is about a 80% chance I wont refund but any proof to back this claim up?

• Downvote 3

The biggest complaint I have is that even though I have tracked this game with a lot of interest and read about all of their visions, I was still taken back on Westies video reveal.  The speed of the game and very small maps where not clearly shown or explained in detail in regards to their Kickstarter video.  Sure, they said a "fast paced game with tight nit maps" while you where watching a concept video showing movement speed I was perfectly happy with on maps that had long streets, strategic use of cover to move up, strongpoints in the middle of forests and what looked like a long spawn area where friendlies where running through a snowy street out in the open.  How were we supposed to know to just ignore what you are watching?

It really feels like the kickstarter video was intentionally skewed to increase sales to be honest.  I know that is a damning accusation, but it clearly outperformed Days of War by ten fold in amount of backers and funds while the Days of War kickstarter video showed faster play and smaller maps. One year ago myself and my unit where looking at both games to decide on which one to fully back.  We decided to go with DOW because it was releasing first and also since the BAT44 kickstarter was all concept material, we knew it was having to be made from the ground up and did not want to be gameless for more than a year.  That obviously did not mean we would not expand to BAT44 at a later date, but I am not sitting well with how much different the game turned out to be than what a lot of us where realistically predicting.  

So if the only important part you where supposed to take from the kickstarter video is what they where saying in the background, then why go through so much trouble to make a concept video showing slower gameplay and large and even open maps?  Granted I did not back, but had I, I would be wanting an answer to that.  I know jumping was not coded in yet, but movement speed is I would think something extremely easy to do.  And if maps where going to be made, then why would they not be maps that showcase what we could all expect and not what we will never see?  

Edited by Switz

On 1.4.2017 at 10:43 AM, sNrklhaai said:

I kinds agree on the running and jumping it's a bit to much. In Cod 1 you were able to get on a roof by jumps. But jumping felt still realistic because it wasnt very far off a normal person could do. This video looked more like a freerunner jumping roofs. I hope they Will decrease this. But the alpha is about feedback rightt. So Lets play and give them back our oppinions.

Agreed. I think the movement was perfect on CoD1. For me, I think they should slow the movement up to 50% down or something, hehe. But yeah, let's keep giving them feedback and hope it's gonna turn out the way the majority wants.

• Downvote 1

Why not alpha-test it and give your oppinion to the devs so we are shaping this game together?

I am very proud to be one of the testers and will use my voice to help the devs shaping it up B|

Edited by WeAsOne
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't get me wrong, the game looks great as far as game design goes.  Very smooth, weapons look like they feel good, map design (although so tiny) looks like a good foundation, etc etc.  

I am not here to give grief or troll.  But I also would not be coming to these forums every week for the past year had it not been what I saw in the only footage that gave an indication of what the game would be like.  Had instead the KS video showed something more inline with Westies video..I would not have had interest to be this involved in it.  

I just hope that the concepts we saw in the kickstarter video will come to fruition somehow.  Maybe a authentic mode or something that has the large maps like shown in the KS video and the slower movement that relied on using more cover.  

55 minutes ago, Switz said:

The biggest complaint I have is that even though I have tracked this game with a lot of interest and read about all of their visions, I was still taken back on Westies video reveal.  The speed of the game and very small maps where not clearly shown or explained in detail in regards to their Kickstarter video.  Sure, they said a "fast paced game with tight nit maps" while you where watching a concept video showing movement speed I was perfectly happy with on maps that had long streets, strategic use of cover to move up, strongpoints in the middle of forests and what looked like a long spawn area where friendlies where running through a snowy street out in the open.  How were we supposed to know to just ignore what you are watching?

It really feels like the kickstarter video was intentionally skewed to increase sales to be honest.  I know that is a damning accusation, but it clearly outperformed Days of War by ten fold in amount of backers and funds while the Days of War kickstarter video showed faster play and smaller maps. One year ago myself and my unit where looking at both games to decide on which one to fully back.  We decided to go with DOW because it was releasing first and also since the BAT44 kickstarter was all concept material, we knew it was having to be made from the ground up and did not want to be gameless for more than a year.  That obviously did not mean we would not expand to BAT44 at a later date, but I am not sitting well with how much different the game turned out to be than what a lot of us where realistically predicting.  

So if the only important part you where supposed to take from the kickstarter video is what they where saying in the background, then why go through so much trouble to make a concept video showing slower gameplay and large and even open maps?  Granted I did not back, but had I, I would be wanting an answer to that.  I know jumping was not coded in yet, but movement speed is I would think something extremely easy to do.  And if maps where going to be made, then why would they not be maps that showcase what we could all expect and not what we will never see?  

it's interesting how people took such different views away from the kickstarter. i've seen the new gameplay footage and played and watched other people play the game at EGX last week and it was pretty close to what i expected comparing it to the kickstarter vid. i do accept the kickstarter put more emphasis on authenticity that is less evident in the gameplay but i couldn't judge the size of the maps from the kickstarter footage. the soldiers were also sprinting in the kickstarter footage so i'm surprised some people didn't expect it to be in the game. also, a lot of the kickstarter was in 3rd person whereas the new footage is in 1st person. to me the game always looks faster in 1st person because the fov is narrower. as for the jumping, there was none in the kickstarter vid so i can see why it's inclusion surprised some people but to be perfectly honest all of the footage was playing TDM. how many people play SnD jumping around the map? you'd be instantly taken out. just because strafe jumping is in the game doesn't mean that is the only effective playstyle.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Switz said:

See now this I agree with 100% but I didn't want to publicly bring it up because my name would only cause an argument about it. I to am wondering what the whole point of the original trailer was for. I mean it had nothing to do with the verbal part of it. Completely two different games from what was said and what was shown.

I personally think that the trailer was shown just to boost the game's name not to show off what it would be like. The animations where crap but the game play that was shown is what I though was coming and is 10x better then what I was shown last week.

The map layouts gave me a World At War feel but a year later I got a COD2/CSGO feel. The movement even gave me the COD4/W@W feel and a year later COD4 Promod with Usain Bolt. Not to bring up DoW again but They did the same thing and it really irritated me. Fed me something that looked amazing but coming up on the release gave me something 100% different. This is why I never back indie FPS games and only indie survival games, I only trust AAA company's when it comes to creating FPS but I payed $60 for it so I'm going to see the direction it goes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 01/04/2017 at 6:09 PM, xXclusiivE said:

There is about a 80% chance I wont refund but any proof to back this claim up?

They've said it countless times, if you need proof just use the search function. I know what I've read (on more than one occasion).

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Jester said:

They've said it countless times, if you need proof just use the search function. I know what I've read (on more than one occasion).

Tried, search function doesn't give you anything.

• Downvote 3

Well just take my word for it, I've been around the forums for over one year now, I wouldn't lie.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the game, it'll be a shame to lose out on the video game's version of the second coming of Jesus ;)

• Downvote 1

Please, all those who are mad about the game evolving and implementing what was actually outlined from the start, look up "proof of concept" - that's what the original video was

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

4 minutes ago, pukiz said:

Please, all those who are mad about the game evolving and implementing what was actually outlined from the start, look up "proof of concept" - that's what the original video was

This. The game hasn't even changed anyway, they've stuck with their original idea. No idea what people were expecting.

Edited by Jester
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

22 hours ago, Jester said:

This. The game hasn't even changed anyway, they've stuck with their original idea. No idea what people were expecting.

I Think a lot of us saw the video and combined this with what they hoped for. After Some time people remind a mix of both 

• Upvote 5

They had to code in the systems at a core level because UE4 was made to not include them by default as were bugs in the quake engine. They had a limited budget and the kickstarter video was the end result of that.

Hey mate, im looking for a pre alpha copy, since i couldnt manage to get it in time, wanna sell me your?

On 4/19/2017 at 3:09 AM, abraxastv said:

will gladly buy your key and pay $10 extra

Sorry bro but I am going to ride this one out and see how the game develops. The more I wait the more excited I get and all the other things that I complained about seem so little at this point. Sorry!

• Downvote 3