Hi, in the beginning of the kikstarter and seeing that I had the same graphic engine SQUAD, I thought that I would take this course the game.

Now it turns out that it's going to be a Call Of Duty, with no intention of offending anyone. For me it's a total disappointment.

There would be some way to get a refund, I really do not want to play this game ....
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Razor    374

Welcome to the forums :)

It's not gonna be Call of Duty, it's gonna be Battalion 1944 all build from ground up to get the old FPS game feeling ;)

Don't judge before you actually have played it :P

Hi.

I can't give you an answer about the refund but I would remember you that the actuals videos present a pre-alpha stage of Battalion.

I can't promise you that it would be better, I'm just a baker as you, but I think that now you can start giving feedback, impressions,... and see how it would change.

You are talking about graphic... I'm pretty sure that this aspect would change and be better on the definitive version (and probably already on beta).

What others points make you so much disappointed?

Give at Devs the chance to know what you dislike, perhaps you have see a point that no one other has seen before and it would be a great help or, perhaps, you can receive an answer.

My little two cents ??

Zane    24

1) Do you play games just based on their graphic quality?

2) Didn't you read the kickstarter page? They mentioned many times they wanted to achieve cod2/cod 4 promod feeling, so it's nothing new and if I were a developer I wouldn't give you a refund honestly, since it's your own fault, not theirs

3) Why the hell your post looks like that?

• Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    3

Guys don't down vote him just because he wants a refund, yes he should have done more research but c'mon he is not bashing the game or anyone in any way..

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 2

I think I do not express myself well, I'm sorry, I'm talking about the dynamics of the game. A FPS goes from Arma3 to counter, I am Arma3 player and this did not specify it in the kikstarter.

I do not want to convert anyone, I am very fan of the WWII, but for me it is a total disappointment, I could have had more teamwork, like a Heroes and Generals or a mod of SQUAD or Arma3.

That's why I want to know if I can get a refund or die in the Steam library.

Freakshow    176
10 minutes ago, histeria6363 said:

I think I do not express myself well, I'm sorry, I'm talking about the dynamics of the game. A FPS goes from Arma3 to counter, I am Arma3 player and this did not specify it in the kikstarter.

I do not want to convert anyone, I am very fan of the WWII, but for me it is a total disappointment, I could have had more teamwork, like a Heroes and Generals or a mod of SQUAD or Arma3.

Not sure how Kickstarter works but I'm not so sure that is possible. 

However, the game always promised a way back to games like early CoD and MoH etc. these were not sims like arma and were very much 'arcade' style FPS shooters. This was described in text and spoken about in the kickstarter vid. This was never ever described as a sim or anything close to it.

Anyway good luck with your problem, hopefully you can come to a resolution.

Thank you at least for a neutral response.

I have supported the project, thinking that it would be otherwise, with more team work, but nothing happens.

When they talk about a VOIP channel and things like that, it could have been a different WWII FPS, but I was wrong.

I do not have a problem, sometimes life is won or lost ...

Razor    374

You just need to read all of the explanations around a project before you back it, even ask the developers what their aim is... 

Edited by Razor

WeAsOne    222
5 minutes ago, histeria6363 said:

Thank you at least for a neutral response.

I have supported the project, thinking that it would be otherwise, with more team work, but nothing happens.

When they talk about a VOIP channel and things like that, it could have been a different WWII FPS, but I was wrong.

I do not have a problem, sometimes life is won or lost ...

Thank you for backing the game.. maybe someone will buy your steam key (don't know how that works)

But teamwork will be at the "standard competitive game-type" Search and Destroy.. or do you mean something else?

7k35531    20

So you blame people for being unhappy with something after it is really "revelaed"? Do you think everyone in the Project CARS forum had been happy when the first playable content was there? Did you expect everyone was for the same direction?

Do you think it was the same during Elite Dangerous development? Everyone was and is happy with everything? Plans change during development from one or the other side. Even if reading and understanding KS people can still be unhappy with the final product. Nice for you if you are happy with what BATT44 is going to be, be happy, but don't blame other people for not sharing your personal opinion. Everyone in this thread did have a neutral position - yet.

Additional note:

It is totally normal that some people are totally happy, jumping around like crazy, others are "Yeah it is ok" and another bunch of people being disappointed. This is for every game, Kickstarter or not. All in all - all people who backed want to have a nice WWII shooter game. The one way, or the other ;-)

Edited by 7k35531
  • Downvote 4

Zane    24
48 minutes ago, histeria6363 said:

Which kind of package did you get during the kickstarter days? if you are willing to sell the key I may be interested

• Downvote 1

Jester    5

Devs will most likely be busy at EGX, so I'll save them the time and say you can't get a refund from a kickstarter, it has already ended, and all the money has been put towards their budgets.

What I will add though:

The game's direction has never changed, from the start it has always said there will be some inspiration from COD2, but never an exact copy of the game. Battalion 1944, is not call of duty, or anything alike. It is it's own game, with it's own community, values, goals, and harder working developers. I'm not sure what your expectations were, but you have never been lied to, so if you felt like the game has went into a direction you originally thought would be something else, then that's on you for misreading whatever has been posting on the kickstarter page, and on this forum.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the game, but refunds are not possible. I hope you still give the game a chance though (in whichever phases of early access you bought it in), you might end up liking it :)

Edited by Jester
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nikolev    3

Hi sir,  Im looking for a key since i couldnt get one for myself in time. Would you like to sell me your? If yes contact me in private.

• Upvote 2

Razor    374
2 hours ago, abraxastv said:

I will gladly buy your key and will pay you $10 extra

Getting kinda desperate? I bet you get one if you upped your offer even more :P

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1