dasATOMiC

Server locations

So i pre-ordered the entire thing (69.99) without checking to see where any servers are going to be. Is there going to be NA servers/support? I got entirely way to excited as a former cod2/cod4 cpl/cal/cevo player and bought it was quickly as i could lol.

- thank you

If you were talking about renting servers etc, be guessing it will be to companies like Multiplay(UK) or the equivalent in whatever country you would be in 

Edited by MrSandman

Devs haven't said anything about that yet as far as I know but I bet it will at least be European based in the UK and maybe in the US of A...

When the game release you have dedicated server files and can run or rent a host your self :)

• Upvote 1

yes there will be NA servers for closed alpha and beta. I asked Tuna a few months back if you can find the thread.

23 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Hey @dasATOMiC There should be NA servers for the Alpha and Beta stages but don't quote me on that things could change! 

Any developments on the possibility of any AUS servers for Alpha @[CM] BigTuna ? :D

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

I dunno man! Still not at the server requisition stage yet! MAYBE

A maybe is better than nothing! cheers

• Upvote 1

Maybe.... damnit see i didn't pre order the alpha because originally they said there wouldn't be Aus servers for the alpha. 

On 2017-4-7 at 9:00 AM, [CM] BigTuna said:

I dunno man! Still not at the server requisition stage yet! MAYBE

Where are the servers for the closed Alpha Tuna ? This will have a bearing on the fluidity of the gameplay, regarding latency and ping. This is an important factor in any Alpha test.

Modern day inter continental gaming as good as it is ( I go back to dial up modem playing clan games across the pond, USA to the UK) there will be latency issues to take into account.

Edited by MaB Rev_Bob

On 04/05/2017 at 10:33 AM, MaB Rev_Bob said:

Where are the servers for the closed Alpha Tuna ?

If things haven't changed :
Mainly EU
NA : Should be there but not confirmed yet. (see above)
Aussie Servers : Not before EA

EDIT : For AUSSIE SERVERS check Tuna's answer below

Edited by Soldat Ryan

27 minutes ago, MaB Rev_Bob said:

Where are the servers for the closed Alpha Tuna ? This will have a bearing on the fluidity of the gameplay, regarding latency and ping. This is an important factor in any Alpha test.

Modern day inter continental gaming as good as it is ( I go back to dial up modem playing clan games across the pond, USA to the UK) there will be latency issues to take into account.

Thanks Soldat but we need a specific reply from a Developer . The Alpha date is now set for the 26th of May the server locations must be known. Non dedicated servers and p2p gaming is one of the reasons the CoD series has let PC gamers down in recent years.

44 minutes ago, MaB Rev_Bob said:

Thanks Soldat but we need a specific reply from a Developer . The Alpha date is now set for the 26th of May the server locations must be known. Non dedicated servers and p2p gaming is one of the reasons the CoD series has let PC gamers down in recent years.

None of that in Battalion

1 hour ago, MaB Rev_Bob said:

Paying for any large amount of servers will likely be costly, and they might even have a deal or contract with Multiplay that either gives them a discount or for free under certain conditions. I have no idea, but they likely have a reason for it if they don't get the Aussie servers considering Multiplay does offer Australian servers even though they might be more expensive, but that might be wrong. I am just guessing from past experience where Aussie servers have had a extra price. Just wait and see :) Keep in mind anything I ay that hasn't been confirmed by the developers such as why they don't have servers in a region or anything is down to speculation. Same goes for any other community member, a lot of it is speculation and guesswork. 

Update to this

We will be providing 1 or 2 Australian servers for our cousins on the other side of the globe :)

The play times may be a little skewed but we are going to work to get it up for you!

Thanks for your patience and for voicing your opinions.

Tuna

• Upvote 10

31 minutes ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Update to this

We will be providing 1 or 2 Australian servers for our cousins on the other side of the globe :)

The play times may be a little skewed but we are going to work to get it up for you!

Tuna

Tuna you legend! Great news. Thanks to all you guys @bulkhead for looking out, can't wait to get into it next week.

• Upvote 3

I'm not Australian, but I am happy to read this.

Why? Well, because most developers don't give a single shit about them and this really shows what kind of team Bulkhead really is. +1

• Upvote 6

Nice job, devs. If there's AU servers, can I safely assume there's going to be NA servers? If I can give advice, get Chicago based servers. That's probably the most centralized location for NA. Chicago or Denver.

See ya in alpha ;)

19 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Update to this

Tuna

Sooooo goooood.  Appreciate the effort from you and the rest of the team to make this happen @[CM] BigTuna

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, [CM] BigTuna said:

Update to this

Tuna

thank you x1000 cant wait to test this with a solid ping

• Upvote 3