comagnum

Hello all! Former competitive COD1/2/4 Player here!

Grettings!

First off, I want to say;

Holy NOSTALGIA! After watching the recent gameplay video I couldn't help but think.. This is what WaW should have been like. I haven't been this excited to play a game in quite some time. 

I began playing competitively with MoHAA, participating in really unorganized scrimmages, practices, and eventually TWL(total war league) and the like. Then came the holy grail of all WW2 shooters, COD1. This was my first taste of true competitive gaming, where many, many, many hours were spent with clan-mates practicing and scrimming for the hope to advance through the various tiers of competition in CEVO(Cevolved) and CAL(the now defunct CyberAthlete Amateur League). I played at a very high level(main/invite) for many years through COD1, COD2, and COD4 before taking a break from gaming around the height of COD4 Promod competition. I served as a league admin for both CAL and CEVO for several seasons which gave me a better understanding of the needs of the competitive gamer. Additionally, I was the main contributor to the first competition mod for COD4 in the "DAMN" mod (short for Dan and Magnum's mod) and acted as the lead admin and tournament organizer for the very first COD4 tournament (The XFire/Alienware launch tournament). 

More recently I attempted to lead a revival of sorts and hosted several "Gathering of the Nerds" tournaments focusing on COD1 and 2 attempting to recreate that competitive nostalgic feel that a lot of us still long for. 

I instantly pre-ordered after watching that gameplay video (thankfully in time!) and I am excited to spend more time in this community, contributing in any way I can. I look forward to getting to know some of you. Hope to see you out there!

Kyle "magnum" Jensen :)

• Upvote 2

On 3/31/2017 at 10:02 PM, joueflux said:

magnub 

Hahaha.. 16 year old me. I don't think I'd have the patience to create something that awful anymore. 

can't believe how bad movement etc was in these old games

I recently replayed MoHAA it was the same. That movement to me was like 2nd nature. Playing it again after 10 years it shows how bad it actually was. The bobbing, the clipping,..

cod1 has this as well. It feels like you are running in a waist deep pool of thick mud.

Meh would never go back to that

On 2017-4-27 at 6:43 AM, slushey said:

i prefer this video 

are you actualy showing a video where someone his cheating? you for real? lol

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, joueflux said:

magnub 

God that map sure does bring back the memories.  Hated that machine gun nest in the corner lol

haha, I still play cod 1, and this is definitely one of the better maps they made for it. Sweet video btw dude! Cool to know a few of the names in it as well. 

On 31/03/2017 at 8:04 AM, comagnum said:

Grettings!

First off, I want to say;

Holy NOSTALGIA! After watching the recent gameplay video I couldn't help but think.. This is what WaW should have been like. I haven't been this excited to play a game in quite some time. 

I began playing competitively with MoHAA, participating in really unorganized scrimmages, practices, and eventually TWL(total war league) and the like. Then came the holy grail of all WW2 shooters, COD1. This was my first taste of true competitive gaming, where many, many, many hours were spent with clan-mates practicing and scrimming for the hope to advance through the various tiers of competition in CEVO(Cevolved) and CAL(the now defunct CyberAthlete Amateur League). I played at a very high level(main/invite) for many years through COD1, COD2, and COD4 before taking a break from gaming around the height of COD4 Promod competition. I served as a league admin for both CAL and CEVO for several seasons which gave me a better understanding of the needs of the competitive gamer. Additionally, I was the main contributor to the first competition mod for COD4 in the "DAMN" mod (short for Dan and Magnum's mod) and acted as the lead admin and tournament organizer for the very first COD4 tournament (The XFire/Alienware launch tournament). 

More recently I attempted to lead a revival of sorts and hosted several "Gathering of the Nerds" tournaments focusing on COD1 and 2 attempting to recreate that competitive nostalgic feel that a lot of us still long for. 

I instantly pre-ordered after watching that gameplay video (thankfully in time!) and I am excited to spend more time in this community, contributing in any way I can. I look forward to getting to know some of you. Hope to see you out there!

Kyle "magnum" Jensen :)

Welcome Legend xD

How good whats battalions intro video :)

• Downvote 2