JinxSwe

Feedback on Gameplay Video

128 posts in this topic

From the very, very beginning it was said to be COD4 promod/COD2 mix with CS:GO elements. Competetive game with authentic weapons, sounds, maps, "skins" etc. I don't know from where you people get the idea of slow paced, ralismish game that it was never meant to be.. For me, if something is said that the movement is something like promod, so it stays promod, not COD1 or COD2 which are waaay different styles. I am not saying that i don't like COD2 - for me it was and still is the best WWII experience but im mega hyped from B44 because it sums up all the best aspects from all best FPS games ever. I loved 99% of the footage i have seen and in my opinion, this is the best competetive experience of WWII game.

Cheers.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Dont like :

- Movement seems a little fast.

- Jumping is excessive, the player seems like is doing parkour and can go up to any floor or object of the map. I dont like because the enemy can appear from anywhere...

- No recoil.

I like:

Everything else.

Regards

Edited by Beric

3 hours ago, Beric said:

Hi,

Dont like :

- Movement seems a little fast.

- Jumping is excessive, the player seems like is doing parkour and can go up to any floor or object of the map. I dont like because the enemy can appear from anywhere...

- No recoil.

I like:

Everything else.

Regards

I`m really starting to get tired of people claiming the movement is too fast when they haven't even played the game.

If you were to see some cod4 promod movement video, I bet you'd say it was waay too fast, when in reality it gave a really good feel.

30 minutes ago, RAFF said:

I`m really starting to get tired of people claiming the movement is too fast when they haven't even played the game.

If you were to see some cod4 promod movement video, I bet you'd say it was waay too fast, when in reality it gave a really good feel.

Totally agree with you, many guys who had the chance to try the game said it is not as fast as in the trailer, people don't understand the one playing in the gameplay is Joe and he is not only good at fps games but he is also developing Battalion, so he has already mastered the movement.

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Kizmmit said:

There seems to be a lot of [...]

OK,...  I guess you've got to calm down mate. Most likely a lot of people would agree that those complaints aren't valid and merely surface how some folks seem to catch like no more than 10% of the information given to them. However, there is absolutely no need for anyone to play the mad guy now and starting to throw stereotypes around like those were bearing any truth at all.

Seriously, this has nothing to do with 'casual vs pro', nor 'old vs young' or any of those constructs. Please, reality is more than that and offending great portions of any game's player base and even trying to chase them out of a game completely isn't going to help anyone and unnecessarily outrageous. Just hold on a minute and try to picture how populated a game would be when only explicitly competitive players were allowed to play it. That's not going to work ever and no, that 700,000 player count (!) in CS:GO does not consist of exclusively-competitive, unmarried and childless 15-to-25-year-olds. Believe me.

Look, the game will have its focus on competitive gaming, there is no doubt about that, but there will also be a casual and a community layer to it, just like in CS:GO. Finally, by now we all know what the core of Battalion 1944 looks like and I guess we're safe to say Bulkhead is not going to shift direction because of some sort of anti-hype (probably too strong of a word, but I guess you get what I mean) going on currently.

So, what's the deal? Stay nice and keep this place a worthwhile visit for everyone. Thanks!

Edited by RLpacifist

50 minutes ago, RLpacifist said:

OK,...  I guess you've got to calm down mate. Most likely a lot of people would agree that those complaints aren't valid and merely surface how some folks seem to catch like no more than 10% of the information given to them. However, there is absolutely no need for anyone to play the mad guy now and starting to throw stereotypes around like those were bearing any truth at all.

Seriously, this has nothing to do with 'casual vs pro', nor 'old vs young' or any of those constructs. Please, reality is more than that and offending great portions of any game's player base and even trying to chase them out of a game completely isn't going to help anyone and unnecessarily outrageous. Just hold on a minute and try to picture how populated a game would be when only explicitly competitive players were allowed to play it. That's not going to work ever and no, that 700,000 player count (!) in CS:GO does not consist of exclusively-competitive, unmarried and childless 15-to-25-year-olds. Believe me.

Look, the game will have its focus on competitive gaming, there is no doubt about that, but there will also be a casual and a community layer to it, just like in CS:GO. Finally, by now we all know what the core of Battalion 1944 looks like and I guess we're safe to say Bulkhead is not going to shift direction because of some sort of anti-hype (probably too strong of a word, but I guess you get what I mean) going on currently.

So, what's the deal? Stay nice and keep this place a worthwhile visit for everyone. Thanks!

I find most discussions to be game vs game, and it very well could be that ex players of game Y will not be taking part of this community if the game goes in a direction they don't like.

It's important that the game goes the way of the many, not the few.

"OK,...  I guess you've got to calm down mate. Most likely a lot of people would agree that those complaints aren't valid and merely surface how some folks seem to catch like no more than 10% of the information "

You're correct, the complaints aren't valid, and I'm specifically talking to those complaints.

"However, there is absolutely no need for anyone to play the mad guy now and starting to throw stereotypes around like those were bearing any truth at all."

There's two things I want to address here, the first being that if you want to stick your head in the sand and say that there's no truth to it at all then I have nothing to say. The second thing being that despite me thinking there is a large element of truth to it, it's a joke.

"Seriously, this has nothing to do with 'casual vs pro', nor 'old vs young' or any of those constructs."

Right, this has everything to do with competitive viability, which casuals and old people don't seem to understand.

"Please, reality is more than that and offending great portions of any game's player base and even trying to chase them out of a game completely isn't going to help anyone and unnecessarily outrageous. 

Trying to explain to a vocal minority of people, that you agreed that their points aren't valid, why they're wrong is 'unnecessarily outrageous'. Perhaps if I had worded it more eloquently in regards to their feelings you wouldn't have wasted my time writing this.

"Just hold on a minute and try to picture how populated a game would be when only explicitly competitive players were allowed to play it. That's not going to work ever and no, that 700,000 player count (!) in CS:GO does not consist of exclusively-competitive, unmarried and childless 15-to-25-year-olds. Believe me.

Look, the game will have its focus on competitive gaming, there is no doubt about that, but there will also be a casual and a community layer to it, just like in CS:GO. Finally, by now we all know what the core of Battalion 1944 looks like and I guess we're safe to say Bulkhead is not going to shift direction because of some sort of anti-hype (probably too strong of a word, but I guess you get what I mean) going on currently."

Great, you built up a straw-man and argued against it. I never said that Battalion should consist of exclusively competitive players, and I never said there wouldn't be a casual layer to it. This entire chunk of text is completely asinine and you should feel bad.

"So, what's the deal? Stay nice and keep this place a worthwhile visit for everyone. Thanks!"

If I say something that is completely full of shit I have two expectations, the first being that I'd be ridiculed, the second being that I would be told exactly why I was wrong. Perhaps you could spend less time policing the tone of my statements/behaviour, and worry more about contributing actual discussion pertinent to the game.

I feel so bad for the developers getting stick from such opinionated, uneducated and irrational people not only of the forums but a cross all platforms. I really hope they stick to their guns and don't let the opinions of people who have poor understanding sway their original judgement. This game is showing massive promise in the competitive realm if they stick to their word. 

Posted (edited)

On 11.4.2017 at 4:42 AM, Kizmmit said:

You casuals need to just get out [...]. Go back to playing backgammon [...].

11 hours ago, Kizmmit said:

I never said that Battalion should consist of exclusively competitive players, and I never said there wouldn't be a casual layer to it.

Oh well, I must have completely misunderstood this upper phrase then. Sorry, my bad. Guess I'm getting old...

11 hours ago, Kizmmit said:

Right, this has everything to do with competitive viability, which casuals and old people don't seem to understand.

Again sorry, but I'm one of those old-fashioned folks that are not going to simply swallow superlatives and generalizations without any further explanations. This might get you into the white house, but it's not going to convince me whatsoever. Yeah, we're elderly people are a bunch of weirdos, I know. But please allow me this last request and please elaborate what that everything exactly is and be so kind and share your definitions of 'casuals' and 'old people' because this and this don't seem to apply here.

Anyway, thanks for your brave quest against all those idiots coming by and voicing their opinions, because Battalion would inevitably go down the drain if we wouldn't have you offending random people on these forums. Thank you. If only there were more of your kind, this world would be a better place for sure.

< Add your favorite meme here. >

Edited by RLpacifist

On 4/11/2017 at 0:12 AM, Kizmmit said:

There seems to be a lot of daddy gamers in here that think that the game is going to go in the direction that they assumed it would, rather than you know - what they said they would do, which is bring a COD4 Promod/COD2 type game, into the modern era of competitive gaming. 

Nobody cares if you want to reenact Band of Brothers.

Nobody cares if you think the movement is too fast, or if the kids are on your damn lawn.

Nobody cares if you want an 'authentic WW2 experience'.

Nobody carfes that you're aged 30-50 and have a wife and kids to look after. 

Nobody cares that you don't want sprint -a key feature in COD4 Promod, which I will remind you, is exactly the type of game they wanted to replicate-

Nobody cares if you can't comprehend game design intention even if it's clearly outlined.

You casuals need to just get out, because if the developers took anything you guys said seriously, it would kill the game as a future esport/competitor to CS:GO. Go back to playing backgammon and complaining about back pain.

60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI2.jpeg.2560191778e2a1b46ab8bc2d9be8788a.jpeg

Alpha isn't even out yet and shitters are already turning this community pretty toxic. Calm your tits and be a bit more respectful guys.

7 hours ago, RLpacifist said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you see the part where I quoted you and directly responded to each point you tried to present? Did you also see the part where you quote and cherrypick me talking about 'casuals' and 'old people' in a broad sense, when -if you had bothered to read what I wrote- had already told you that 'if you want to stick your head in the sand and say that there's no truth to it at all then I have nothing to say.' and 'despite me thinking there is a large element of truth to it, it's a joke'. This is all the while not even the primary point I was trying to make.

I know that you're upset because you're probably a member of the lawn bowls association and take personal offence when I make tongue-in-cheek jokes about the types of people that are making the stupid criticisms I'm responding to. But you don't have to inject yourself into every conversation and defend the honour of the elderly buddy.

<insert arthritis medication here>

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

60981-Third-Party-Facepalm-meme-extr-McI2.jpeg.2560191778e2a1b46ab8bc2d9be8788a.jpeg

kinda proves kizmmit's point about 'casuals' or 'daddy gamers' with this horrible display of ye olde meme.

Like you don't even get the meme game, how are you gonna get the competitive game of 1944`. 

Edited by muso

@Kizmmit. All right, now I understand. It's all been a joke. Silly me...

Though, I suggest you better stop trying to make jokes then, because you ain't funny.

5 minutes ago, RLpacifist said:

@Kizmmit. All right, now I understand. It's all been a joke. Silly me...

Though, I suggest you better stop trying to make jokes then, because you ain't funny.

1458893231158s.jpg.1095d48199492a249f60b8747881fcbd.jpg

Posted (edited)

woah, let's not argue.

Edited by Arachnid

Cmon guys I respect everyone's right to flame, but now let's stick to the thread's topic

So here is a thought, perhaps the Dev's should take a slightly different approach to how the game design is showcased to the community. Ask more of us for opinions, let us vote on specific things that impact end user game play like (Speed) for example which will then help you see what it is we are expecting. The gold standard which is repetitively referenced is COD Pro Mod/ CSgo as the go too game to reference and essentially clone from. (I'm referring to how the Original COD clips they showed almost match perfectly what Battalion showcased.) Perhaps the message that should be taken from this thread is inspiration to not just create a remastered "clone" version of those games that we have all already played but to Innovate on what some of us disliked from the original CODs.

What we saw in the released video was for sure a "PRO Gamer playing before our eyes in what could have been an Esport match. (I have No problem with that)" but here is what every displeased individual would like to know, How can the game be adjusted so that the game will not always revolve completely around ones ability to simply react? Is there maybe a button players can toggle so that we either play in Esport Mode servers or Realistic Mode servers? I'm asking this from a Tactical Gamers point of view, I like Esports, and competition but I feel its not any fun to be bested by someones ability to slide jump around a corner or over an obstacle. It is fun however when your bested by another group of competent players who can work the terrain to their best advantage, fighting over strategic areas which lend your team the slight upper hand. Not achieved by Olympic sprinting and side floating jumps but achieved by keeping low, having team mates help keep you safe as you move forward kind of game play.      

The Dev's have shown us what they believe would be the best version of the game. Now since it is Alpha it would be interesting to see what it looks like when the movement mechanics are dialed back to what the other end of the spectrum was looking for. This way we can have a side by side comparison to evaluate, kind of a scientific approach to dial in the best looking, fun to play speed. We could then have a third version where modified movement mechanics are in a mid range somewhere down the middle, between the two versions i'm almost certain that 95% of those who where disappointed would be willing to re-evaluate what we were looking at. Not to mention we all get something unique, new feeling, and not completely dependent on reactionary game play which negates tactics but is also unique in the field of games available. I'm not a developer but I cant imagine the ability of a player to select a Game Play mode would be all that hard to do. This actually reflects what some other up and coming games are doing which actually grows the community rather than closing doors to satisfy others.  

4 hours ago, moose456 said:

So here is a thought, perhaps the Dev's should take a slightly different approach to how the game design is showcased to the community. Ask more of us for opinions, let us vote on specific things that impact end user game play like (Speed) for example which will then help you see what it is we are expecting. The gold standard which is repetitively referenced is COD Pro Mod/ CSgo as the go too game to reference and essentially clone from. (I'm referring to how the Original COD clips they showed almost match perfectly what Battalion showcased.) Perhaps the message that should be taken from this thread is inspiration to not just create a remastered "clone" version of those games that we have all already played but to Innovate on what some of us disliked from the original CODs.

What we saw in the released video was for sure a "PRO Gamer playing before our eyes in what could have been an Esport match. (I have No problem with that)" but here is what every displeased individual would like to know, How can the game be adjusted so that the game will not always revolve completely around ones ability to simply react? Is there maybe a button players can toggle so that we either play in Esport Mode servers or Realistic Mode servers? I'm asking this from a Tactical Gamers point of view, I like Esports, and competition but I feel its not any fun to be bested by someones ability to slide jump around a corner or over an obstacle. It is fun however when your bested by another group of competent players who can work the terrain to their best advantage, fighting over strategic areas which lend your team the slight upper hand. Not achieved by Olympic sprinting and side floating jumps but achieved by keeping low, having team mates help keep you safe as you move forward kind of game play.      

The Dev's have shown us what they believe would be the best version of the game. Now since it is Alpha it would be interesting to see what it looks like when the movement mechanics are dialed back to what the other end of the spectrum was looking for. This way we can have a side by side comparison to evaluate, kind of a scientific approach to dial in the best looking, fun to play speed. We could then have a third version where modified movement mechanics are in a mid range somewhere down the middle, between the two versions i'm almost certain that 95% of those who where disappointed would be willing to re-evaluate what we were looking at. Not to mention we all get something unique, new feeling, and not completely dependent on reactionary game play which negates tactics but is also unique in the field of games available. I'm not a developer but I cant imagine the ability of a player to select a Game Play mode would be all that hard to do. This actually reflects what some other up and coming games are doing which actually grows the community rather than closing doors to satisfy others.  

I very much doubt they will split the community. There's for sure going to be a 'casual mode' but that's not the same as an realism mode..

If people want realism, they're going to have to make their own mods and host their own servers, which I`m sure they'll do. It's impressive that even though they do not want to spend time making such a game, they give the community the opportunity to tweak the game to what the players think is fun.

Even if I like the @moose456 's idea, as said @RAFF the future of "tactical" style on Bat44 will be by modding the game, .... unless DEVs think/want to add some server commands to allow Tactical Communities to tweak their (our) servers to be able to play "tactical" style (realism or crouch or whatever).
In fact there is no need for DEVs to create a full mod for this, because there just need some specifics Cvars but it is sure they have to add some code lines for it ! :P

the devs have actively encouraged the modding community from day one. they are building the game in UE4 and have consistently encouraged people to learn UE4 and promised to provide the modding tools in the game. there are 2 main reasons for this approach. (1) they are a small studio and do not have the resources to make versions of the game that cater to the different communities desperate for this game. (2) by giving access to modders it leaves the devs free to make the type of game they are passionate about without compromising their vision. i'm sure that when this game comes out we'll see every type of Bat44 under the sun once the modders get their hands on it. and the devs will be able to cherry pick the best mods and patch them into the vanilla game. this is why the devs are so focused on getting the movement and feel of the game right because that is the one thing that carries over into any version of the game. cod would have been even bigger than it is today had activision not pushed out modding in favour of lining their pockets with cash from yearly releases.

Edited by Farq-S
typo

3 hours ago, Farq-S said:

the devs have actively encouraged the modding community from day one. they are building the game in UE4 and have consistently encouraged people to learn UE4 and promised to provide the modding tools in the game. there are 2 main reasons for this approach. (1) they are a small studio and do not have the resources to make versions of the game that cater to the different communities desperate for this game. (2) by giving access to modders it leaves the devs free to make the type of game they are passionate about without compromising their vision. i'm sure that when this game comes out we'll see every type of Bat44 under the sun once the modders get their hands on it. and the devs will be able to cherry pick the best mods and patch them into the vanilla game. this is why the devs are so focused on getting the movement and feel of the game right because that it the one thing that carries over into any version of the game. cod would have been even bigger than it is today had activision not pushed out modding in favour of lining their pockets with cash from yearly releases.

Well said man. I have given all my reputation away today, so I can't upvote your post, but well said!

But by "modding it in", that means we are without for the next TWO YEARS.  

Just saying.  And that is on the graces of a nice individual with the know how to mod the core game files to add it when in all honesty, just how much time would it take the Devs who know their code inside and out to add it in themselves?  The next "argument" will be that "they need every player playing the core game method because COMP is the #1 thing to get right".   Funny, because if any casual person ever recommends anything given that thinking then it will be shot down and it is also not like comp players wont be nit picking and playing on default mode constantly to provide plenty of feedback making that argument pretty worthless.  Face it, some of you have some sort of agenda to not want realism folk and causal players here.  

Same story I have seen in a dozen shooters where the casual fan base is attempted to be shut down.  

7 hours ago, Switz said:

But by "modding it in", that means we are without for the next TWO YEARS.  

Just saying.  And that is on the graces of a nice individual with the know how to mod the core game files to add it when in all honesty, just how much time would it take the Devs who know their code inside and out to add it in themselves?  The next "argument" will be that "they need every player playing the core game method because COMP is the #1 thing to get right".   Funny, because if any casual person ever recommends anything given that thinking then it will be shot down and it is also not like comp players wont be nit picking and playing on default mode constantly to provide plenty of feedback making that argument pretty worthless.  Face it, some of you have some sort of agenda to not want realism folk and causal players here.  

Same story I have seen in a dozen shooters where the casual fan base is attempted to be shut down.  

i'm on console so the whole modding scene doesn't even apply to me so i have no agenda in what i've said. to me it's what i've seen in the devs approach to this game and it simply makes sense. and why is time a factor? we've not had a decent WW2 shooter for 10 years so 2 more years isn't much of a stretch. Day of Infamy is out now. isn't that closer to a realistic shooter? also, your argument is based on the behaviour of devs making other games, not bulkhead. until we get to that stage i prefer to take these devs at their word until they prove me otherwise and not judge them based on other devs in the past.

Edited by Farq-S
typo