JinxSwe

Feedback on Gameplay Video

HOONIGAN7    2

This game is looks very very promising.

I have 5000-6000 gameing hours in call of duty 2.. I wait for this game too long. But I dont know.. Im a little bit disappointed about this game after the first gameplay videos. The gameplay is too fast, like in modern Cods and other fps games.. We want a REALLY OLDSCHOOL game. Your game in this condition dont differ too much from any fps games. Sprinting is the worst thing in this game, and this feature kills every strenght of this game. You have to change the accurate too.

The weapons, ww2, maps, graphics are fine!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

vozER    109
18 minutes ago, HOONIGAN7 said:

This game is looks very very promising.

I have 5000-6000 gameing hours in call of duty 2.. I wait for this game too long. But I dont know.. Im a little bit disappointed about this game after the first gameplay videos. The gameplay is too fast, like in modern Cods and other fps games.. We want a REALLY OLDSCHOOL game. Your game in this condition dont differ too much from any fps games. Sprinting is the worst thing in this game, and this feature kills every strenght of this game. You have to change the accurate too.

The weapons, ww2, maps, graphics are fine!

100% agreed with you buddy and I feel the disappointment

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

kinda    44

But wtf people, they said month ago they will be sprint like cod4 promod...

You guys never played cod4 promod ??!

I'm wondering if I'm totally wrong, everyone seems confused... When I saw the trailer gameplay, I just saw the translation of what they said earlier...

• Upvote 4

vozER    109
9 minutes ago, kinda said:

But wtf people, they said month ago they will be sprint like cod4 promod...

You guys never played cod4 promod ??!

I'm wondering if I'm totally wrong, everyone seems confused... When I saw the trailer gameplay, I just saw the translation of what they said earlier...

I know. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like it. I can take sprint if really necessary but with a lot slower movement speed. 

I attended three CoD4 lans and played a lot of Promod. I played CoD4 many years. But still, I liked CoD1 and CoD2 way a lot better. 

• Downvote 3

kinda    44
4 minutes ago, vozER said:

I know. Still doesn't change the fact that I don't like it. I can take sprint if really necessary but with a lot slower movement speed. 

I attended three CoD4 lans and played a lot of Promod. I played CoD4 many years. But still, I liked CoD1 and CoD2 way a lot better. 

Ok we agree then. I also like CoD1 and CoD2 better than CoD4 but I was thinking people didn't read what the devs said.

I feel like people in this forum have too much criticism towards B1944 without even had the chance to play it (talking for people in general, i'm not pointing fingers).

• Upvote 2

vozER    109
23 minutes ago, kinda said:

Ok we agree then. I also like CoD1 and CoD2 better than CoD4 but I was thinking people didn't read what the devs said.

I feel like people in this forum have too much criticism towards B1944 without even had the chance to play it (talking for people in general, i'm not pointing fingers).

Yep. I did play it, though @ Forgotten Soldiers LAN in Münich

• Downvote 1

zabo    29

I am a former promod player and even I think the game looks a bit too fast, no recoil. Also I can't see this map be anything else than a public TDM map, but that doesn't really matter, there will for sure be someone who creates some cool competetive maps. 

Id like to know which ideas the DEVs actually have taken from these forums? Even tho I trust them and it doesn't matter that much for me if they just choose their own ideas, but I feel kinda pointless on these forums.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    187
5 hours ago, vozER said:

1) By authentic, I mean "please have some recoil" and not super fast movement. As I've said before, I don't want the game to feel super realistic. Realistic in a way CoD1 is done yes, but I want it to feel like a 'game'. That make sense? I want the game to be as competitive as possible, and that the timing / shooting requires a lot more skill than the newest CoDs for example.

Authentic only means one thing and that is a simulator type game. Most people understand authentic to be a mid paced shooter with a feeling of vulnerability and character weakness along with being able to aim down sights. Authenticity of the weapons of an era which has passed come along with the word and the territory, which is why your definition is skewed and kinda incorrect. The way you want it to feel like a game is something in which COD has done, like you explain, but to many who look at the era off WW2 and the recent upsets on "war games feeling like child's play by catering to only 12 year olds" has killed the older community which is looking for that most realistic "game". It gets confusing when people say authentic but totally want an arcade game which "caters" to competitive. Things need to be clarified and a single definition needs to be used.

• Upvote 2

xXclusiivE    3
7 hours ago, vozER said:

Great minds think alike - at least once in every 6 months or so haha :D But yeah. I can't hide my disappointment if the Quake-alike gameplay is going through. I know the new CoD will attract a lot of audience, but if Activision handles it like the newest CoDs there's not much to be afraid of. And to me it feels a little silly to change the whole gameplay just because there's a bigger AAA WW2 shooter coming up. Of course, I understand their concern too, but they should trust their audience to stick up with BAT44 as well. 

Honestly the only thing that is turning me away form this is the speed, jump height and jump distance. I know for a lot game play things that matter most to them is things like recoil but for me it is movement. What I have seen is just WAY too much. I was hoping for more of a COD2 style movement with sprint. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Rangers101    0

Yeah i was just watching a fella's video, in where there must've been a sort of disconnect in what "authentic" meant. If you're going to  mention "authentic" in the same sentence as COD 2 or MOH Allied Assault, Arma is not what comes to mind lol. It was never going to be that i wouldn't think.

Authentic i would think means weapons, or uniforms, or maps from the time period etc. In short lets say, BF1 is not an authentic WW1 shooter. It's alternative history game with weapons that were never used etc. If folks want an authentic war experience, you have to play games on PC that bring you that, but will never be mainstream like COD and the like.

• Upvote 1

Bergman    1

Hmmm. Thanks for posting that interview, that was an interesting read. So it seems like the developer are going for the quick moving and jumping all over feel and they are happy with the way it is now. Also they mention that the feedback on the gameplay video was very positive so they must believe they have the game style they want. 

That at all being the case further comments and suggestions here are a waste of time and this game is surely not for me. Best of luck to you all and here's to hoping the new COD ends up going back to the real old school play some of us are looking for. 

• Upvote 2

moose456    3

Most of the AAA games released as of late have been of this nature, Fast, Super human like reflexes and such, or magnified movements. In all honesty this is not what makes a good shooter that stays around. Games with that kind of pacing get decent followings to start but die out rather quickly as players will grow tired easily of the repetitive nature of the game play. Slower smooth movements are the key to fun interesting, long lasting game play where players are forced to adjust their tactics because now the enemy is ready for you. MY hopes would be that they will keep to the original design statements. Just looking at what I have seen in the past, Games dont need to be Fast, to be fun. They need to be well designed, meaning that as long as the movements on the screen are fluid, feel real, and play real the fastest twitch shooter enthusiast will still be able to have a good time. Thats what made the original COD and COD 2 epic and challenging. Everything flowed nicely together. No super abilities, good spectator modes, changing classes of characters, and limited re spawn times. 

Ill be Honest, If the game was to be released today and looked/ played like what was shown in the video, I would not be interested in playing it at all,

I want to play this Band Of Brothers Carentan attack  

not this super fast, 2nd story jumping turn around shooting sprinting match Below.

Edited by moose456
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

DonPablo    39

There's nothing authentic in Battalion.

100% agree with this video: 

It's a Quake arena shooter, not a WW2 fps.

Call of Duty WWII will be a authentic WW2 shooter and it will be sooo awesome, I'm pretty sure!

Edited by DonPablo
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 14

kinda    44
8 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

Call of Duty WWII will be a authentic WW2 shooter and it will be sooo awesome, I'm pretty sure!

Why are you still here xDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxDxD

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Arexss    25
On 31/3/2017 at 8:54 PM, vozER said:

My personal opinions:

Things I don't like:
1. Sprint
2. Needs more recoil. On all weapons. ( I know the game is in early alpha and it's probably gonna change)
3. Movement is way too fast
4. Red dots on the minimap
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping
6. Hit indicator
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed

On the other hand
* The movement is smooth
* Weapons look quite good

* Map layout seems good
* Everything else seems quite good

I agree with you about the Sprint and the recoil. I'm fine with red dots and hit indicator tho. And yes watching at the video maybe the jumping is too rewarding. It may be fixed if they slow the movements a bit as well I think.

Edited by Arexss
Wrote about jumps.
  • Upvote 3

Rangers101    0
1 hour ago, DonPablo said:

Yeah that's the video i saw that i referred to in my post. Personally, i think that guys a crybaby (this isn't the only time he complains), but he seems to be into Arma and squad play games we see on PC, but that's not what this game was ever going to be about.

As i said, if the Developer wanted a COD 2, or MOH Allied Assault like game, how would anyone think it was an "authentic" WW2 game? It's 'authentic" in its weapons, and uniforms and the like, as compared to say maybe BF1, which is mostly alternative history, in that regard. I just think he misunderstood. 

moose456    3

I just re-watched the original trailer and you are right when they talked about this being "Authentic" from the stand point of looks (textures, sounds, and customization). After that all they talk about is E-sports, Original Call of duty, COD2 maps, CS Go, and some other FPS games. Meaning they never vocalized that they wanted to create a WWII Simulator.

On the other hand some of the footage shown in the original video gives players like myself and others the impression that they want to make a game with realistic movements. During that same video they talked of bringing real life locations into the game using PBR and visiting on site locations as references. Using actual weapons for the sound effects of the weapons in the game. Using MOCAP technology to create animations never seen before in a WWII shooter all seem like WWII Simulator like moves. Which is where I think a lot of people are getting lost to include myself on the direction the developers were wanting to taking this. MOCAP was never needed according to the test play video footage we were seeing with the jumping and side strafe style game play. They also showed some hand to hand take downs and transitional movements in the Announcement trailer which again looked like they were striving for something between realism and E-sport.

Looking at the original game play footage they used in the announcement trailer I would have said to speed up the running a bit, speed up the recovery of the recoil animations, and allow the players a little more fluid strafing movement and it would have been perfect. But what was shown in the Pre-Alpha play test looks like instead or tweaking it 5% they tweaked it up 50% then added super human jumping with balance, exaggerated Strafe, unhindered hip firing.

They may have done this on purpose as a test of course to see how we would respond to it and to have some fun since development can be kind of dull at times but It would be reassuring for them to say something to the effect of what you saw was not what they are aiming for when it comes to endgame release. I would love to see them use MOCAP animations on the characters in game but it will require the speed of the game play to be slowed and some of the hyperness to be toned down a bit.

• Upvote 2

vozER    109
25 minutes ago, kinda said:

That guy is repeating himself throughout the video. He could have made it a 1 min video. Also, he doesn't have precise examples of what he means. @ProwlerCaboose share your thoughts, please. 
TL;DR He wonders that people are complaining that the gameplay wasn't what they expected.

Edited by vozER
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

kinda    44

Prepare yourself to get downvoted because you posted another guy video xDxD oh wait, you didn't get any... people here are funny :D.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, I hope people's mind will be cleared out a bit now !

• Upvote 2

[CM] BigTuna    560

Hey guys check out our Rezzed update.

Will give some explanation as to what you saw in the gameplay video and the future of the game!

• Upvote 1

Kizmmit    0

There seems to be a lot of daddy gamers in here that think that the game is going to go in the direction that they assumed it would, rather than you know - what they said they would do, which is bring a COD4 Promod/COD2 type game, into the modern era of competitive gaming. 

Nobody cares if you want to reenact Band of Brothers.

Nobody cares if you think the movement is too fast, or if the kids are on your damn lawn.

Nobody cares if you want an 'authentic WW2 experience'.

Nobody carfes that you're aged 30-50 and have a wife and kids to look after. 

Nobody cares that you don't want sprint -a key feature in COD4 Promod, which I will remind you, is exactly the type of game they wanted to replicate-

Nobody cares if you can't comprehend game design intention even if it's clearly outlined.

You casuals need to just get out, because if the developers took anything you guys said seriously, it would kill the game as a future esport/competitor to CS:GO. Go back to playing backgammon and complaining about back pain.

Edited by Kizmmit
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 8