JinxSwe

Feedback on Gameplay Video

165 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, bari said:

I was very hyped for the game at first but now i´m kinda dissapointed with the sprint / strafe thing. As an oldschool CoD2 player this really bothers me and even if devs specifically designed maps for this feature, i think it should be removed, this doesn´t feel good...

I absolutly agree

Just now, bari said:

I was very hyped for the game at first but now i´m kinda dissapointed with the sprint / strafe thing. As an oldschool CoD2 player this really bothers me and even if devs specifically designed maps for this feature, i think it should be removed, this doesn´t feel good...

How "old school" are you, there was strafing(kinda) in the old school ones but not to this level, this level even goes further then ProMod so like I said before I hope it gets toned down around 15% for speed.

Just now, WeAsOne said:

I prefer gameplay over exact-accuracy.. You can call it "screwed", I will call it "game-improved"

i cannot, in good conscience, agree with you on this one m8....thats like someone in the construction field telling me

"lets replace that steel column with a plastic one because they function similarly and its cost effective, so it shouldn't matter what the weight of the building is"

I can't man, i understand this will be a CS:GO/COD Hybrid but come on......the sights? i get its a minuscule thing but come on....this is a WW2 game....not a "mod" or anything of the sort....respect the era, its weapons, its events, and everything else by GETTING THE LITTLE THINGS RIGHT

1 minute ago, xXclusiivE said:

How "old school" are you, there was strafing(kinda) in the old school ones but not to this level, this level even goes further then ProMod so like I said before I hope it gets toned down around 15% for speed.

Yes there was a strafe jump but the game was like 50% slower and there was no sprint (i guess they are trying to combine cod2/cod4) ... i don´t know was expecting something similar to cod1/2

Disclaimer: I have >5k hours of CS, I've played some CoD and MoHAA but not more that 100 hours combined.

For a pre-alpha build i'm very surprised of how good it looks!

It's quite obvious that 3rd person animations need some work, but nothing to worry much. I like the visual look of the game a lot. I saw some textures bugging but i wasnt expecting not to.

It feels fast and fun, for a casual game at least. I do worry it will not be quite suitable for eSports. The movement does have some pretty interesting mechanics, reminding me of CoD4, but besides that it does seem to me that it does not require much skill. Don't get me wrong, it does seem pretty fun! BUT i don't see myself investing >5k hours in a game that everybody can jump-shoot and run-and-gun like nothing.

As a CS player, the run-and-guning always made me a little uncomfortable in a competitive environment. The jump-shooting is just too damn easy...

Perhaps it is the goal to make it easy, and i'm not saying that i won't play it, i most certantly will, it's just a little disapoiting to have the skill ceiling that low.

What i would do is:

-increase recoil while not ADS, and make it harder to jump-shoot, not impossible, but not that easy.

-M1 Garand seem to have the fire rate a little high (not sure how it is compared to a real one, but dont think it matters).

There are other aspects of the game that have equal importance, like the matchmaking system. I don't like the CS:GO matchmaking, anyone can be "Global Elite", it's very easy. I have to go to 3rd party matchmaking to have some fun. I like LOL's matchmaking system, where it is wayyy harder to get to the top.

The rules applied to the S&D are going to be important too. Round time and bomb time are very important. I'm interested to see how the economy system will be implemented, and how much impact will it have in the rounds.

Another aspect that will influence the success of this is the Anti-Cheat. CS:GO is infested with them. I hope that they make the game very expensive (at least compared to CS:GO), so when when a cheater gets banned, he can't buy another account for 10€ or less...

Last but not least, i DO NOT want this game to be de CS:WWII. I like very much the fast pace movement. I know that my opinion it's not very popular around here, but the more mechanics with high skill ceiling we have, the better. Skill(aim, movement, awereness) should be always the determinant factor in a FPS.

4 minutes ago, daamN said:

Disclaimer: I have >5k hours of CS, I've played some CoD and MoHAA but not more that 100 hours combined.

For a pre-alpha build i'm very surprised of how good it looks!

It's quite obvious that 3rd person animations need some work, but nothing to worry much. I like the visual look of the game a lot. I saw some textures bugging but i wasnt expecting not to.

It feels fast and fun, for a casual game at least. I do worry it will not be quite suitable for eSports. The movement does have some pretty interesting mechanics, reminding me of CoD4, but besides that it does seem to me that it does not require much skill. Don't get me wrong, it does seem pretty fun! BUT i don't see myself investing >5k hours in a game that everybody can jump-shoot and run-and-gun like nothing.

As a CS player, the run-and-guning always made me a little uncomfortable in a competitive environment. The jump-shooting is just too damn easy...

Perhaps it is the goal to make it easy, and i'm not saying that i won't play it, i most certantly will, it's just a little disapoiting to have the skill ceiling that low.

What i would do is:

-increase recoil while not ADS, and make it harder to jump-shoot, not impossible, but not that easy.

-M1 Garand seem to have the fire rate a little high (not sure how it is compared to a real one, but dont think it matters).

There are other aspects of the game that have equal importance, like the matchmaking system. I don't like the CS:GO matchmaking, anyone can be "Global Elite", it's very easy. I have to go to 3rd party matchmaking to have some fun. I like LOL's matchmaking system, where it is wayyy harder to get to the top.

The rules applied to the S&D are going to be important too. Round time and bomb time are very important. I'm interested to see how the economy system will be implemented, and how much impact will it have in the rounds.

Another aspect that will influence the success of this is the Anti-Cheat. CS:GO is infested with them. I hope that they make the game very expensive (at least compared to CS:GO), so when when a cheater gets banned, he can't buy another account for 10€ or less...

Last but not least, i DO NOT want this game to be de CS:WWII. I like very much the fast pace movement. I know that my opinion it's not very popular around here, but the more mechanics with high skill ceiling we have, the better. Skill(aim, movement, awereness) should be always the determinant factor in a FPS.

Right, what i'm noticing here, is many folks play on the computer (given, that's who's playing it now). But here in casual consoleville, where we don't have CSGO, or Red Orchestra, or any of those games, and so this is gonna be pretty well accepted.

Certainly folks here may have a vested interest, or are investors, and they should discuss disagreements and the like, but it seems most of it's all about tweeking some things, that may happen.

I think what happened say with BF1, is that  it tends to frustrate many casual gamers, who don't want to die every few seconds, and respawn for 15 seconds, on maps that are just  too small for 64 players (Days of War may deal with  that as well), and very clunky. This  seems to be the opposite, and i think it's doing very well here on console. As far as the PC though, with all the WW2 and other historical games you have to play, i don't know if it would do as well.

14 minutes ago, bari said:

Yes there was a strafe jump but the game was like 50% slower and there was no sprint (i guess they are trying to combine cod2/cod4) ... i don´t know was expecting something similar to cod1/2

I believe they are shooting for a CoD2/4 promod hybrid, as you said. This means that strafing and movement fluidity will lead to success at the competitive level. Based on the gameplay so far, it appears that it is very similar speed to CoD4 promod, which I do like. However, I think it appears so chaotic in this stage because of the small map being played. There are many objects to jump from on this Manner map and it is creating a false sense of speed, but still a valid critique as this is one of the only maps being shown currently.

I think we need to see and experience some different maps to fully decide if it's too fast/slow.

Downvote me all you want lol im still going to say the sights are like military Carl memes lolol 

84637734.jpg

10 minutes ago, Rangers101 said:

Right, what i'm noticing here, is many folks play on the computer (given, that's who's playing it now). But here in casual consoleville, where we don't have CSGO, or Red Orchestra, or any of those games, and so this is gonna be pretty well accepted.

Certainly folks here may have a vested interest, or are investors, and they should discuss disagreements and the like, but it seems most of it's all about tweeking some things, that may happen.

I think what happened say with BF1, is that  it tends to frustrate many casual gamers, who don't want to die every few seconds, and respawn for 15 seconds, on maps that are just  too small for 64 players (Days of War may deal with  that as well), and very clunky. This  seems to be the opposite, and i think it's doing very well here on console. As far as the PC though, with all the WW2 and other historical games you have to play, i don't know if it would do as well.

This community is about 70/30 Comp/Cas and about the same 70/30 PC/Con so I don't know what you mean by "But here in casual consoleville".

1 hour ago, xXclusiivE said:

This community is about 70/30 Comp/Cas and about the same 70/30 PC/Con so I don't know what you mean by "But here in casual consoleville".

What that means, is i think a game like this would be more successful on consoles than it would on PC. I would not even be looking into this  game, if i had those other games i mentioned to play.

I would think the reason the community may broken up to that extent, is because we don't generally don't know about this game on consoles...yet. Being it's on Steam, and was a Kickstarter title, but that's going to change in my view. So, i would think the Developers are keeping that in mind as well, or should.

I should say though however, it may be a bit concerning, that COD this fall, is set to be in WW2 by popular rumor. Idk how that will affect player counts and sales, but to say Verdun was torpedoed by BF1, at relatively the same time as their console port. Tough to say, but i'll definitely be buying this game, and wish the testers, investors, and developers all the best of luck.

I'm very happy with this video for one simple reason: it's smooth as f*ck.

It looks like something I can enjoy right away. It looked a bit clinical still but that's to be expected. It's a great start in my opinion. Some minor things could use improvements as well such as the textures, animations and interface etc but that just requires time.

I see a few things floating around on social media quite a bit. People are saying that the movement is not realistic. Well, if you want more realistic it's going to be more ArmA like, slow as fuck but most likely still amazing like ArmaA. The problem is that it has been clear from the beginning what they were aiming for and I think they've made amazing steps. I would just completely avoid the word realism for this all together to be honest. Extremely close to realism will be tedious and annoying.

I honestly don't mind about the movement and jumping but I don't mind some tweaking either. The good thing about all of this is that the pase of the game can be easily changed and experimented with depending on the feedback. 

Keep it up, looking forward to this a lot!😀

22 hours ago, Rangers101 said:

What that means, is i think a game like this would be more successful on consoles than it would on PC. I would not even be looking into this  game, if i had those other games i mentioned to play.

I would think the reason the community may broken up to that extent, is because we don't generally don't know about this game on consoles...yet. Being it's on Steam, and was a Kickstarter title, but that's going to change in my view. So, i would think the Developers are keeping that in mind as well, or should.

I should say though however, it may be a bit concerning, that COD this fall, is set to be in WW2 by popular rumor. Idk how that will affect player counts and sales, but to say Verdun was torpedoed by BF1, at relatively the same time as their console port. Tough to say, but i'll definitely be buying this game, and wish the testers, investors, and developers all the best of luck.

I'm waiting at least 10 years now to play a game like this on pc.. It's what i always wanted!

22 hours ago, Rangers101 said:

Well the WW2 cod will definitely have an impact on Battalion, the main concern is that Cod will most likely be released on consoles before Battalion does, I think the game can't compete with the cod franchise yet, just like Battlefield can't, so there are 2 ways battalion can be uneffected by the new CoD: 1) release months after cod ww2 on console so that people don't have to choose between 2 games, this will be even better if cod doesn't perform well also this year (which i think it won't), 2) Release on console and have a mediocre success, but become really played on pc and start to establish as one of the most played fps games on pc, even ranking 3rd after Cs and Overwatch would be a success. What I really hope won't happen is something similar to DoD, 800 players on launch and a month after the game is almost dead, but I think with Square Enix on board this won't be the case

1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:

I'm waiting at least 10 years now to play a game like this on pc.. It's what i always wanted!

I guess you're right. If you really think about it, idt there is a COD2 like mp game on PC either . They all seem to be more squad based. But i'd love to play those as well. I wish i could  update this damn graphics card. But i can't being it's built in. I can play Red Orchestra 2 in the bot servers at 15 fps though lol.

I made a tweet in the past I was hoping they would use an iron sight on the Kar98 without the iron "bow" above it..

Now I have seen they did use the "bow" but made it perfectly without taking away your sight!

So forget my tweet from the past.. The Kar98 is my favourite weapon in the game so far :D Nicely done!

1 hour ago, Zane said:

Well the WW2 cod will definitely have an impact on Battalion, the main concern is that Cod will most likely be released on consoles before Battalion does, I think the game can't compete with the cod franchise yet, just like Battlefield can't, so there are 2 ways battalion can be uneffected by the new CoD: 1) release months after cod ww2 on console so that people don't have to choose between 2 games, this will be even better if cod doesn't perform well also this year (which i think it won't), 2) Release on console and have a mediocre success, but become really played on pc and start to establish as one of the most played fps games on pc, even ranking 3rd after Cs and Overwatch would be a success. What I really hope won't happen is something similar to DoD, 800 players on launch and a month after the game is almost dead, but I think with Square Enix on board this won't be the case

Well i guess a sincere question i'd probably ask ( because idk the figures), is if you have a game like COD, where are the biggest base of players made up from? Console or PC? Whatever the  answer to that is, will probably be the answer here. But COD is a worry, because i seen what BF1 did to Verdun. Smaller companies just get eaten alive.

Not to mention what you said, in that we're seeing many more WW2 titles coming aboard, which for us the players is a great  thing, and competition is a great thing, but there's winners and losers in that, and so again, i guess the more popular out of the bunch will win.

But i think given the lack of  relatively any, of these historical shooters, they'll have their player base, in the absence of game breaking bugs (again, Verdun is dealing with that on both their ports, and went from thousands of players to a handful, but that was due to very bad bugs).

Looks great so far. I'm hoping the add the lean into the game (essential part of cod2 gameplay imo). Audio definitely needs some work. I'm ok with pacing but could be slowed a bit maybe, but hard to say before we play.

6 minutes ago, WildTh1ng said:

Looks great so far. I'm hoping the add the lean into the game (essential part of cod2 gameplay imo). Audio definitely needs some work. I'm ok with pacing but could be slowed a bit maybe, but hard to say before we play.

Lean is in the game

4 minutes ago, WildTh1ng said:

Leaning would be awesome indeed.

I agree about the pacing as well, to be fair they can easily tweak these numbers based on feedback. The only thing that's tricky is the matching with animations but it shouldn't be a big deal I think.

At the moment the game looks a lot faster because everyone is spawning randomly very close to each other. Once people need to walk through streets and cover more distance I think it's going to feel a lot different already.

I kind of like this mode for aim training and I suppose it's good for testing the game. When it comes down to regular gameplay I prefer Search and Destroy way more. Covering points, setting up crossfires with your team etc. Wolfenstein Enemy Territory did a great job at that with the forward spawns but just 1 mission like Counter-strike is awesome as well. It slows down the game quite a bit, increases team-play and excitement etc. At the moment it's just running around like rambo killing everything which is enjoyable but only for a small amount of time for most I think.

I'm convinced they'll find a good balance for all of these things. So far, they've been adding and tweaking so much based on the feedback of the community. 

9 minutes ago, pukiz said:

Lean is in the game

It is? I can't believe I missed that. Was that in the first trailer or this new video?

21 minutes ago, Angst said:

It is? I can't believe I missed that. Was that in the first trailer or this new video?

You could see other players doing it 

15 minutes ago, pukiz said:

You could see other players doing it 

Thanks, I'll look more closely! :)

Posted (edited)

My personal opinions:

Things I don't like:
1. Sprint
2. Needs more recoil. On all weapons. ( I know the game is in early alpha and it's probably gonna change)
3. Movement is way too fast
4. Red dots on the minimap
5. Seems to reward too much on jumping
6. Hit indicator
7. Weapons are too accurate when firing unzoomed

On the other hand
* The movement is smooth
* Weapons look quite good

* Map layout seems good
* Everything else seems quite good

Edited by vozER

Damn i could only watch over 15 seconds.....i got nauseating. watching others playing fps make me sick , but when i play fps everything is fine.

• the game is fast paced and the movement looks fluid and non clunky. I prefer the movement in Battlefield games, maybe slow down a little bit? 
  • This video really shows how much this game has come from the original teaser video on the kickstarter. Though i must say the environment seems brighter than what it was in the original version. 

The sound of getting shot by a M1 is odd I think