JinxSwe

Feedback on Gameplay Video

JinxSwe    1

Just somewhat of a quick feedback on whats seen in the video.
Remember this is really really pre-Alpha.

This is my Quick feedback, if you want to discuss it or post your own go right ahead... but keep a good tone. And remember it's pre-Alpha.

So first off...
-Hit indicator. I have always been against it and will always be. Why? Takes away from the skill. You known if hit someone if he dies.
-Hipfire. The hipfire seems way way to accurate. Even when running and shooting someone at 25 meters it looks extremely accurate.
-Pacing. Overall abit to high on everything. The movement speed, strafing, time to kill... all seem just a tiny bit to fast.
-M1Garand. Firerate is way to high.

Now for some positives...
-Map layout. Looks really good and though-out. Abit to small for my taste.
-Weapons look great. Can't wait to try them out.
-Movement. How the movement works in general looks really fun.

Edited by JinxSwe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

DukeNukem    185

First ill respond to the OP.

I kinda agree to the fact the hit indicator should be removed but idk...id like to play it in Alpha to really get a feel for it. For competitive it shouldn't be there.

Hipfire i have to test in order to say anything.

Pacing is exactly what was intended. Fast pace and quick reactions, perfect so far :)

M1Garand has perfect fire rate but i have something to say in my own post.

Layout, weapons, and movement all are great. I saw a couple lighting issues but nothing overwhelming that can't be fixed.

So now my take on this.

First id like to say amazing video and it really shows how much this game has come from the original teaser video on the kickstarter. Though i must say the environment seems ALOT brighter than what it was in the original, i kinda feel it should get slightly darker. The pace of the game  is slightly faster than CS:GO and feels closer to COD which is great for the initial goal. Fantastic weapon representation but I have to say the recoil is WAYYYY too controllable. Onto the bullet points:

• The Thompson may be something in which is shooting a pistol round yes but the rifle itself is awkward to hold and will cause inaccuracy. The recoil of it needs to increased to a certain degree and one way you can solve that is for the back of the rifle to be moving around after the 3rd sustained shot group. I was kinda confused with the sight picture because i know the thompson is aimed through the whole in the bottom of the sight and not the top...but ill let it slide, kinda....meh idk...
  • The M1 Garand seemed perfect in its representation other than its recoil and rear sight. Fire speed was nearly perfect (needs to be reduced slightly) but the recoil is VERY controllable in the video. Which is highly untrue in real life. This thing is pumping out a .30 cal round with a ton of powder. A seasoned M1 Garand user will be able to control the recoil to a certain degree but not to where its like a BB gun. Needs to be fixed. Also the rear sight was slightly too large and to be honest when really looking at an M1 Garand Sight you could barely see a thing due its small size. It was meant to be used for accurate shooting. Now i understand why it was represented as "big and clear" but its false to the purpose of the weapon and makes it overpowered in my opinion due to its Semi-automatic capability.
  • The Kar98k was perfect overall no complaints. Only thing is the front sight cover, i couldn't tell but it wasn't just a circle in the front it was a decent sized piece of metal covering the sight.
  • The MP40 has perfect recoil and was the known to be one of the more controllable automatic weapon in WW2. No complaints
  • Pistols seems to be working well.
  • Reloads seems smooth but i think too fast for some weapons. What about the rest of the weapons or the ones in the video going to be for Alpha and the rest will be put in later?

Overall I am  happy to see the gameplay and i am absolutely ready to test this game out in the Alpha!!!

• Upvote 1

xXclusiivE    3

The other thread kinda went south real fast so I am bringing my current state review over here.

So my opinions for the game in its current state is that:

Weapons

• Recoil looks great
  • SMG sights are wrong. (Using the wrong range adjustment for short range battles, Thompson ex: suppose to be looking through the little hole. MP40 should be looking through that little horazontal half a moon object.)
  • Animations are a WOP but 10x better then the original release trailer
  • At its current state the sounds are good but needs more work
  • Hip fire seems a little too accurate

Movement

• Everything seems a little too fast(From what I remember there was more quick peeking then strafe jumping in CoD2, there is WAY to much strafe jumping in this current build.)
  • Running looks like Usain bolt during the 100m
  • ADS walk I cant decide on. It is good as long as I can still head steps if not it need to be slow down just a tiny tiny bit.

Visuals/Maps

• Compared to the last build this is amazing.
  • Map layout looks really good but as said before could be just a little bigger
  • Not really digging the brightness but oh well I am willing to accept
  • Could use a little more foliage
  • Could use a little more rubble 
  • Uniforms are too bright.

How it is suppose to be                                                                              In Game 

Screenshot_1thomp.jpg.62ef1068be84c1e82a137a1556056e90.jpg     Screenshot_7.jpg.7bdc68c7bdcbc574d43eaba70a8cd08a.jpg

Not the MP40 but how it is suppose to look                                                          In game

Screenshot_6.jpg.24f2b816d7cd6626ea3bdfaa9265b6c5.jpg                            Screenshot_8.jpg.837c7ab8c9e8820b947708764b6149bb.jpg

I'll add more to this as I continue to re-watch but so far I'm digging it!

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

WeAsOne    228
47 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Thompson ex: suppose to be looking through the little hole. 

That should be weird.. please let it be how it is right now! this works

• Upvote 2

xXclusiivE    3
Just now, WeAsOne said:

That should be weird.. please let it be how it is right now! this works

May seem weird but I own a replica version and for short range engagements you are suppose to look through the little port hole :)

Qwertyedd    11

Obv it's a very early stage. But a few things that I noticed are 

Ads on the mp40 seems very strange to me. The line of sight need to lower

Thompson recoils needs work seems to controllable (although the player may have been controlling it very well??)

hip fire spread seems a bit to tight.

m1 grand and kar sounds odd To "pinging"?

xXclusiivE    3
8 minutes ago, Qwertyedd said:

Obv it's a very early stage. But a few things that I noticed are 

Ads on the mp40 seems very strange to me. The line of sight need to lower

Yeah the sights look as if I am trying to shoot a target 300m away.

Thompson recoils needs work seems to controllable (although the player may have been controlling it very well??)

If the player is controlling it quite well then damn! but yeah the recoil seems to be very little for it BUT the MP40 recoil is kind of spot on so for balancing you either need to keep both how they are now or increase both and not just one or the other.

hip fire spread seems a bit to tight.

It really does.

m1 grand and kar sounds odd To "pinging"?

They kinda do but I am not worried yet. Pre-Alpha and all.

Edited by xXclusiivE

WeAsOne    228
23 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

May seem weird but I own a replica version and for short range engagements you are suppose to look through the little port hole :)

I understand, but for the better gaming experience it's better this way :)

• Upvote 1

WeAsOne    228
1 hour ago, xXclusiivE said:

Not the MP40 but how it is suppose to look                                                          In game

Screenshot_6.jpg.24f2b816d7cd6626ea3bdfaa9265b6c5.jpg                            Screenshot_8.jpg.837c7ab8c9e8820b947708764b6149bb.jpg

I think this also is done for the gameplay..

I should NOT change the Thompson and I think the mp40 is also better this way

• Upvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
3 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

I understand, but for the better gaming experience it's better this way :)

I don't mind the Thompson so much as the MP40. ADS'ing with the MP40 and being able to see the top of the gun really makes me feel all weird to say haha

WeAsOne    228
2 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

I don't mind the Thompson so much as the MP40. ADS'ing with the MP40 and being able to see the top of the gun really makes me feel all weird to say haha

I understand your feeling.. i felt the same, but the vieuw around is much better this way.. but i would try it the other way also to feel what is the difference

xXclusiivE    3
Just now, WeAsOne said:

I understand your feeling.. i felt the same, but the vieuw around is much better this way.. but i would try it the other way also to feel what is the difference

I wouldn't mind trying both to see which is better. I know its not a hard change because we(Squad test group) watched a Squad dev do this in about 20-30 minutes but I agree for FOV purposes the way it is now would be better.

pukiz    34
30 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

This isn't a WW2 emulation it's done for gameplay purposes

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
1 minute ago, pukiz said:

This isn't a WW2 emulation it's done for gameplay purposes

Yes.. we have discussed that part already lol

Ricisaks    1

Sprint seems too fast and strafes are kinda too unrealistic. I don't like the idea of sprint and overpowered strafes. Now I am wondering about buying alpha pack >:(>:(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

pukiz    34
6 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Yes.. we have discussed that part already lol

Then stop saying it's "wrong"

• Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    3
2 minutes ago, pukiz said:

But it is 100% wrong. Anyone with gun knowledge can tell you this but I am done with this mini discussion, have a good day! :)

EDIT: It is 100% wrong unless we want to get realistic and say that that's how the weapons where sited in at the range xP

Edited by xXclusiivE

Freakshow    176
55 minutes ago, solzEj said:

Looks really good so far, only the Muzzle flash looks so weird to me.
am i the only one who noticed this?

Definitely noticed it, however there's a bunch of placeholders in this I think. The time for animations and effects to be worked on is after the core feel of the game is nailed down IMO. 

Rangers101    0

I think it looks fantastic, and A LOT better than i thought it would be. Love the graphics, and the movement looks fluid and non clunky. It seems they did what they set out to do, which is a COD 2` like MP game, on current gen.

I mean, i'm a bit older, and i'm gonna get creamed on these twitch shooters, but who knows what this developer can do in the future with a Campaign (like those great campaigns on MOH and the like). It certainly looks tons better than Days of War. Too bad my damn computer can't play it. Anyhow, looking forward too it on Xbox, and good luck.

• Upvote 1

DukeNukem    185
6 minutes ago, pukiz said:

Im sorry to tell you but the fact xxclusive is mentioning is absolutely correct. Gameplay purposes is either get the sights down correctly to the point of having a degree of realism or don't use them at all. That is what he is trying to say, which i agree with. I understand that people want better "gameplay" but we aren't creating a fantasy world here...we have a genuine basis of reference and those reference points should be respected.

I cannot stand inaccuracies when it comes to literally copying something. To my OPINION all sights and the way they are used should be directly linked (and copied) as if they were used in real life. Add that state of realism in it if there will be ADS, if not...then its w/e i couldn't care less. BUT since there will be ADS, get it right....

This is probably one of my more harsher/direct comments....but it honestly did annoy me that the M1, Thompson, and MP40 were screwed when it comes to the sight picture....ugh

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

WeAsOne    228
3 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

we have a genuine basis of reference and those reference points should be respected.

I cannot stand inaccuracies when it comes to literally copying something. To my OPINION all sights and the way they are used should be directly linked (and copied) as if they were used in real life. Add that state of realism in it if there will be ADS, if not...then its w/e i couldn't care less. BUT since there will be ADS, get it right....

This is probably one of my more harsher/direct comments....but it honestly did annoy me that the M1, Thompson, and MP40 were screwed when it comes to the sight picture....ugh

I prefer gameplay over exact-accuracy.. You can call it "screwed", I will call it "game-improved"

bari    2

I was very hyped for the game at first but now i´m kinda dissapointed with the sprint / strafe thing. As an oldschool CoD2 player this really bothers me and even if devs specifically designed maps for this feature, i think it should be removed, this doesn´t feel good...

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 6