ToonBE

Rezzed play test discussion thread

Freakshow    173
14 minutes ago, kuN said:

From day 1, they were explicitely promoting the game on the movement and gameplay you see in these videos. This is why their KS campaign was successfull.

I just dont understand how anyone could think it would end up differently than what we are seeing here. Either you didnt read their KS page thoroughly, watched the KS video or followed the devs on these forums because what you see here is exactly what they were advertising.

Of course, It needs polishing but I really like where this is going.

This x 1000.

The amount of people who have looked at the Kickstarter and seemed to have somehow garnered the opinion that the game will have high levels of realism and things like that is ridiculous. They made it very clear in the Kickstarter. Some people will only hear/see what they want instead of what's in front of them, though.

• Upvote 5

WeAsOne    217

Seriously red dots when the enemy is firing? :( hope that is not the standard setting..

The rest is EPIC

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

sNrklhaai    49

Hmm well i must say i'm a big fan of BT1944 already. However the video that has been shown today didn't fully blow me away just yet. Ofcourse i see the gameplay is smooth and it will be fun to play.  So i understand some people are saying that this video maybe shouldn't have been released. On the other hand as people who like old school ww2 games (like me) we couldn't wait to see some gameplay and we know what we can expect a bit better again. Maybe they stated at the start that the game wasn't all about realism, i really hope the graphics and movement of the characters will improve. Ofcourse i think they will, as at this stage we are even before the alpha. It's just i also understand the opinion of other people saying for instance that movement and jumping looks a bit like quake and it looks a bit arcade like. Well i just hope this improves so we get good gameplay (which looks fun already) and hope the graphics/textures will further develop.

Edited by sNrklhaai

chippy    72

From what I've seen so far.

Visibility: When looking in/out of a dark/light area there are no issues identifying an ally/enemy. Big props. Models doesn't blend in too much with the background but they are not neon green either. They might be a bit on the slender side but not a big deal or something that can't be adjusted to. Also, a FOV that is not reduced to something silly as 60-70 these days definately deserves multiple high fives! Kudos!

Gunplay: The automatic rifles (in this case Thompson/MP44) seems, at this very pre-alpha stage, to be in a good place. The recoil could be bumped somewhat and the damage slightly lowered. This applies more to the Thompson due to it's higher rate of fire. Damage drop off could probably be increased as well. Hard to tell if the damage was to high or if the player had been hit beforehand from the footage alone. The rifles looks good, animations are somewhat stale but it's to be expected at this very early stage. If anything the bolt action rifle seems to be able to fire just a tad to fast, can't say for sure until I've had a chance to try it. Overall, definately in a good place.

Movement: Really dig the fluid nature of it. I must say I wasn't expecting it to be as fast as it actually is. From the footage alone I'd say it could be slowed down a notch or two but again, something I need to try myself. If the movement is absolutely intended to be this quick I do think that the models could be beefed up just a slightly. Will be interesting to see how the "strafe jumps" are compared to other games where this bug-that-became-a-feature is present.

Grenades: Didn't see much of the explosions or radius but the actual throwing animation and/or mechanic looked kind of... odd. Not much information to go on, but it didn't look completely over- or underpowered at least.

Map: Not much to say. Small, boxy, deathmatchy map with a few props in them. So far it looks good. In this particular map there seems to be a few too many ways of jumping on top of things or running along ledges but having said that, this is the only map we've seen so far which is most likely not finished at all. Don't read too much into it.

UI: Not much to say. Minimal as advertised but not finished.

• Upvote 1

ToonBE    254
6 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Hmm well i must say i'm a big fan of BT1944 already. However the video that has been shown today didn't fully blow me away just yet. Ofcourse i see the gameplay is smooth and it will be fun to play.  So i understand some people are saying that this video maybe shouldn't have been released. On the other hand as people who like old school ww2 games (like me) we couldn't wait to see some gameplay and we know what we can expect a bit better again. Maybe they stated at the start that the game wasn't all about realism, i really hope the graphics and movement of the characters will improve. Ofcourse i think they will, as at this stage we are even before the alpha. It's just i also understand the opinion of other people saying for instance that movement and jumping looks a bit like quake and it looks a bit arcade like. Well i just hope this improves so we get good gameplay (which looks fun already) and hope the graphics/textures will further develop.

As you said it is pre alpha. Animations (amongs everything else) will improve a lot.

This video was good to release, because it shows the direction perfectly. The only thing that was dissapointing was that the video was in 30fps while 60fps is the norm nowadays.

Edited by ToonBE
  • Downvote 3

pukiz    33
7 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

They literally coded this in on purpose

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    254
48 minutes ago, jcuz said:

..... Do you read what you're typing?

I do.

31 minutes ago, scaR said:

Not to mention, why are we bitching about cross hairs when you have the ability to ADS?

*cringe*

31 minutes ago, Razor said:

Geezzz @ToonBE you really can't help your self going down this road again and again! It's a game, take a chill-pill

chill pill aint working if you are confronted with people like jcuz.

• Downvote 11

SupreMe    11
26 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

chill pill aint working if you are confronted with people like jcuz.

I've been looking at the forums for a long time, and you are one annoying kid who acts like a bellend when things don't go your way. Btw if a chill pill doesn't work, try this: 

044600306322.jpg

Edited by SupreMe
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

ToonBE    254
9 minutes ago, SupreMe said:

I've been looking at the forums for a long time, and you are one annoying kid who acts like a bellend when things don't go your way. Btw if a chill pill doesn't work, try this: 

044600306322.jpg

56634569.jpg

Edited by ToonBE
  • Downvote 7

SupreMe    11

Hi guys, i'm new to the forums. I've been a backer since day one and i visit this forum from a day to day basis. I never felt the urge to reply but I finally made an account to do so. I want to say that I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing in the footage released to day. It really gives me that oldschool cod2 feeling. I just wanted to say that I was expecting a little more recoil for the smg's since it looks to easy to kill people from a far distance with it. And also the map felt a bit empty to me. But keep up the good work, it looks very promising!

• Upvote 2

Oldboy    72
1 hour ago, Vheissu said:

I'll copy what I said in the other thread.

Looks great so far. It definitely has nailed the movement and gun feel of Cod 2/ Cod 4 promod. I'd like to see a bit more vertical recoil but other than that, it looks like Bulkhead have the foundation down.

Yeah, I agree that the vertical recoil looks like it could do with a bump across the board.

• Upvote 1

mazh    82

and the aim of the Thompson YES! thanks for not making us look from that stupid little hole

awesome

Razor    370
1 hour ago, WeAsOne said:

Seriously red dots when the enemy is firing? :( hope that is not the standard setting..

The rest is EPIC

Should have been dots when enemy are spotted, not when they fire... Hoping for a serverside option to turn it off....

sNrklhaai    49

I'm wondering what maps we will see in the alpha. I can't wait for the brecourt and carentan? like map. At first i thought this was a lot different from the initial video which we saw on kickstarter. But now i see the characters and world are pretty identical but the lightning is a lot different probally also because this is a different map.

pukiz    33
17 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

A LOT of hate in the comments @ Westies video. Does not come well with the majority unfortunately...

Video has 1k+ likes and 128 dislikes so far, don't think you quite grasp the concept of "majority"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

DonPablo    39
Just now, pukiz said:

Video has 1k+ likes and 128 dislikes so far, don't think you quite grasp the concept of "majority"

Look at the comments. So many negative comments.

• Downvote 3

Razor    370
21 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

A LOT of hate in the comments @ Westies video. Does not come well with the majority unfortunately...

Where?? Both videos from Eurogamer and Westie have a majority of likes and positive comments.... And thats only in about 4 hours :P

Eurogamer 170 ups and 10 downs

Westie 1100 ups and 130 downs

sNrklhaai    49
2 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

Look at the comments. So many negative comments.

Well probally the negative people will post comments on it and the people who like will not so much. Also theres probally more who don't like this game then people who actually like it. But if there are enough people who like it then theres no problem at all :D

pukiz    33
4 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

Well probally the negative people will post comments on it and the people who like will not so much. Also theres probally more who don't like this game then people who actually like it. But if there are enough people who like it then theres no problem at all :D

Again, likes dislikes tell a different story. If you actually read the comments it's mostly people who don't have a clue and are saying they thought this would be a realistic shooter and that it's too arcady (lmao)

• Downvote 1

Bergman    1

Hmmm.... appreciate the alpha footage and there is a lot to like. Some say this is supposed to play like Quake but that would be a huge disappointment and that is not COD2 like at all. I did a ton of modding for COD starting with 2 and ran 12 servers at one point so played that a whole lot and COD 1/2 played nothing like quake. Some comments from an old school COD player. I am just going to comment on general gameplay as it would not be fair to critic animations and other things in an alpha game. 

Map is too small and a bit blocky looking for 2017. I do like lots of cover and not a ton of open space. That map has good bones but needs work. I realize that it is for demo purposes so hoping the finished maps get some size and we are all not on top of each other.

No lean? Did not see that at all. Ditto for prone.....

General movement - too fast. needs to slow it down two notches. If you are aiming to have movement like quake you nailed it. If you are aiming for movement like COD 1/2 not so much. Just too fast in general.

ATS is perfect. should be minimal if any gun kick and guns should be lethal. My first COD 2 mod was to remove crosshairs, drop the gun kick on aim, and I created the first smoke grenade (back when they had no smoke grenades). Those were THE main requests by players so you guys have nailed the aiming and shooting.

Hip fire - needs a nerf. I think if you just added some weapon spread you would be fine but hip shooting is too good right now.

• Downvote 1

xXclusiivE    5

So my opinions for the game in its current state is that:

Weapons

• Recoil looks great
  • SMG sights are wrong. (Using the wrong range adjustment for short range battles, Thompson ex: suppose to be looking through the little hole.)
  • Animations are a WOP but 10x better then the original release trailer
  • At its current state the sounds are good
  • Hip fire seems a little too accurate

Movement

• Everything seems a little too fast(From what I remember there was more quick peeking then strafe jumping in CoD2, there is WAY to much strafe jumping in this current build.)
  • Running looks like Usain bolt during the 100m
  • ADS walk I cant decide on. It is good as long as I can still head steps if not it need to be slow down just a tiny tiny bit.

Visuals/Maps

• Compared to the last build this is amazing.
  • Map layout looks really good but as said before could be just a little bigger
  • Not really digging the brightness but oh well I am willing to accept
  • Could use a little more foliage
  • Could use a little more rubble 

I'll add more to this as I continue to re-watch but so far I'm digging it!

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Downvote 1

WeAsOne    217
33 minutes ago, Razor said:

Should have been dots when enemy are spotted, not when they fire... Hoping for a serverside option to turn it off....

First there was only voing to be a compass.. evolved to minimap.. and now red dots :( 

I just hate it to see the enemies on the minimap EVER..

But if it is needed.. but i hope not