Jester

What would you like on a coverage site?

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone who knows me knows I'm developing a coverage site dedicated to Battalion, I've been a bit quite since there hasn't been much going on, but since the closed alpha is fairly close, it's time to start getting the ball rolling.

Other than the usual forums and articles being on there, is there anything that the community would like to see implemented on the site?

Cheers

Edited by Jester

It may not be relevant now, possibly when beta rolls around. But maybe a section where clips can be shared?

2 minutes ago, sh0tyz said:

It may not be relevant now, possibly when beta rolls around. But maybe a section where clips can be shared?

Already planned and implemented, although I'm looking on improving the current system. Thanks for the suggestion :)

COD has "codutility" and Arma has "armaholic", why not a place to share maps and mods.
Not sure it will be available here.

7 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

COD has "codutility" and Arma has "armaholic", why not a place to share maps and mods.

I like this, will definitely look into it! :)

Posted (edited)

A list of tourneys, matches and the results with links to the twitch channels?

EDIT 1: What about seasons, the teams in them ect? Same thing I suppose, quite related. w/e

Edited by Masser

5 minutes ago, Masser said:

A list of tourneys, matches and the results with links to the twitch channels?

EDIT 1: What about seasons, the teams in them ect? Same thing I suppose, quite related. w/e

List of tournaments and matches/results already planned, just not implemented since there's nothing to show as of yet. But definitely will be there when the time comes :)

As for the other stuff, I like that suggestion, it will definitely be a good feature to have so I will look into how I can do that.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

amma add to Masser's post which gets a +1 from me

Remember a site called Gamebattles? Do the same thing but for battalion. The "go to" source to get tournaments and official team rankings in battalion. Also if there will be a volunteer part of the community and later on a dedicated (possibly paid? due to high activity) official "admins" who are able to spectate each scheduled match to make sure noone is cheating and/or for technical issues.

Edited by DukeNukem

Short clips that people can upload and maybe i like the ranking system on https://www.coh2.org/

Maybe you can also create some sort of form badge with some info that you can place in your signature on forums.

• Basic map info (might be better to just keep on the wiki)
  • Map callouts (and timings?)
  • Weapon stats
  • Configs

Something like hltv?

List of tournaments, leagues with matches and results?

Match stats and results

Top team profiles with match history and roster history

Top player profiles with career stats, team and match history

Match prediction system with rewards (website points?) to encourage viewership of high level matches

1 hour ago, jeffu said:

Match stats and results

Top team profiles with match history and roster history

Top player profiles with career stats, team and match history

Match prediction system with rewards (website points?) to encourage viewership of high level matches

+1

Some really amazing ideas, keep em coming! B|

On 3/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, Soldat Ryan said:

That stuff should probably be on the workshop.

Still working out Rifle Up Jester?

9 minutes ago, seekax said:

If they can sync up the workshop to people's accounts or servers, that would be awesome and yes I'd recommend just using the workshop.

1 minute ago, Razor said:

Still working out Rifle Up Jester?

As always :) It's just been quiet on here, so not much to do/write about.

Cool, I'm trying out some stuff my self aswell. Don't know if it will launch though, need ppl with graphic skills lol

15 hours ago, seekax said:

Indeed, you right but if @Jester want to build a big community it is a good way to attract people, specially mappers, modders and server admins : codutility has more than 18000 members (but if i m right and have a good memory, they lost a lot of number after a website migration) and armaholic has almost 106000 members.
All depends of what he wants to do with his website : a place to be or be an other fan website.

What is sure, if he decide to go in this direction, he needs a lot of ressources. That is the main problem i see on this idea.

my2cents. ;)

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

<snip>

If it is on the workshop, I don't think there is any need in adding it as a feature on my site where people can upload/download things. If anything, maybe a forum section would suffice, where people can link their workshop items with steam links.

Steam workshop will always be better than any website about, you can't link your steam files with another website, but you can with workshop. It's not about what I can do, it's about is it right to do it? I'd rather not split the community, it's better to have all the modding in one place.

If bulkhead don't make workshop integration with mods/tools/models/etc, then yeah it's a perfect idea, otherwise it's best to leave it as it is (personally). However I may change my mind at a later date, when I get more information about how the game will be.

Edited by Jester

Interviews, sharing other content other's have done (basically being a content hub), movies, podcast type thing, etc.