Spirks

[New Idea] - Weapon Badges!

Spirks    23

Hey! I would love to bring an idea I have for Battalion to the forefront of the forums. As we know cosmetic skins will be present in the game. This is a feature I value and believe adds a lot to a game, however it is something that has been done before. I have a unique idea that will be both cosmetically beautiful & add a sense of uniqueness to the game. One thing I believe games are missing in the common era is a sense of community. Players take part in events, tournaments, and challenges but never seem to have anything to commemorate these very times effectively. I want to add in a cosmetic item that players will value, cherish, and give their guns a unique flavor. I present to you...

Gun Badges

A "sticker" or "stamp" that can be added to and removed from a gun. These badges will be won or given away in the form of events (challenges, tournaments, holidays, etc.). These badges cannot be traded and will be account-bound. Each gun will have 4-5 slots in which players can choose from their inventory of badges to add to their guns. Anyone spectating a player, or whom picks up said players gun can then see the badges being shown-off on his/her gun. 

While similar CS:GO's sticker system badges offer some distinct differences: 

1. Badges are given to players through events, challenges, and tournaments. A player cannot simply buy a badge.
  2. Badges are used to show a players participation, success, and history.
  3. Badges may be interchanged at anytime to give the player control over which badges will be displayed.
  4. Badges will be small, organized, and represent the player rather than only the gun.

All in all I feel that this idea may be slightly altered or change to fit Battalions needs. I have seen games in the past such as Habbo Hotel: an old social-based community where when you click on a player their "badges" are shown. Players became proud, envious, and determined to build up their arsenal of badges. It shows their history, participation, and gives them a sense of community and accomplishment. Examples from Habbo are below.

I will be attaching an example image from Habbo, and two examples of how it may look in Battalion. Thank you for your time. I would love to hear everyone's opinion below! :lol:

gunbadgesside.pnggunbadgesingame.png

habbobadges.png

Edited by Spirks
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

Jester    5

Wow, Habbo Hotel brings me back.

It's a creative idea, not sure if I'd like it implemented though

• Downvote 1

Farq-S    370

+1 - they remind me of the artwork the americans painted on their bomber planes

Edited by Farq-S

Razor    370

This would triumph crazy skins, great idea actually! Attend a special event, earn a badge to prove you attended, I like it :)

• Upvote 1

ToonBE    254
9 hours ago, Spirks said:

Hey! I would love to bring an idea I have for Battalion to the forefront of the forums. As we know cosmetic skins will be present in the game. This is a feature I value and believe adds a lot to a game, however it is something that has been done before. I have a unique idea that will be both cosmetically beautiful & add a sense of uniqueness to the game. One thing I believe games are missing in the common era is a sense of community. Players take part in events, tournaments, and challenges but never seem to have anything to commemorate these very times effectively. I want to add in a cosmetic item that players will value, cherish, and give their guns a unique flavor. I present to you...

Gun Badges

A "sticker" or "stamp" that can be added to and removed from a gun. These badges will be won or given away in the form of events (challenges, tournaments, holidays, etc.). These badges cannot be traded and will be account-bound. Each gun will have 4-5 slots in which players can choose from their inventory of badges to add to their guns. Anyone spectating a player, or whom picks up said players gun can then see the badges being shown-off on his/her gun. 

While similar CS:GO's sticker system badges offer some distinct differences: 

1. Badges are given to players through events, challenges, and tournaments. A player cannot simply buy a badge.
  2. Badges are used to show a players participation, success, and history.
  3. Badges may be interchanged at anytime to give the player control over which badges will be displayed.
  4. Badges will be small, organized, and represent the player rather than only the gun.

All in all I feel that this idea may be slightly altered or change to fit Battalions needs. I have seen games in the past such as Habbo Hotel: an old social-based community where when you click on a player their "badges" are shown. Players became proud, envious, and determined to build up their arsenal of badges. It shows their history, participation, and gives them a sense of community and accomplishment. Examples from Habbo are below.

I will be attaching an example image from Habbo, and two examples of how it may look in Battalion. Thank you for your time. I would love to hear everyone's opinion below! :lol:

gunbadgesside.pnggunbadgesingame.png

habbobadges.png

Sure why not!

the stickers can be a bit better though:p (and tradable)

Soldat Ryan    348

This is interesting idea and it is an alternative to the "crazy skins".
Some stickers could be earn, others could be purchased too.

and the advantages are :

1. the advantage for player : it is more discreet
  2. the advantage for devs   : more income, because there are more stickers to sell as you can put several of these stickers on the same weapon.

• Upvote 2

Farq-S    370
11 minutes ago, Soldat Ryan said:

This is interesting idea and it is an alternative to the "crazy skins".
Some stickers could be earn, others could be purchased too.

and the advantages are :

1. the advantage for player : it is more discreet
  2. the advantage for devs   : more income, because there are more stickers to sell as you can put several of these stickers on the same weapon.

agree with you there @Soldat Ryan

looking at the screenshots, the stickers don't take away from the aesthetic of the weapon and they are highly personal to the player and his/her achievements in the game. could be a very good compromise for crazy skins.

• Upvote 1

sNrklhaai    49

Ok idea i guess. Not sure if people who like ''real' weapon skins would agree. i got no problem people using full weapon (strange) skins on their own screen.(first person view) I just don't want to see them on my screen ^^ as i like the game to be realistic. :)

• Upvote 1

Oldboy    72

I would only allow this if there is an option to disable them / force vanilla skins client-side.

• Upvote 2

DukeNukem    189
7 hours ago, Razor said:

This would triumph crazy skins, great idea actually! Attend a special event, earn a badge to prove you attended, I like it :)

amma +1 this comment and then +1 the idea. This will work and i will hvae no problem with this over crazy "camo" skins. This personalizes your weapon and makes it unique along with having an UNLIMITED supply of badges. The badges can become like artwork on the gun you put it on and will "eventually" become a skin itself on the weapon.

The other thing is Battalion will be very community based if there are large scale monthly or weekly based "challenges" people need to complete in order to get that badge. It will start bringing the public community closer and possibly attract others because of the activeness of the community

10 minutes ago, Oldboy said:

I would only allow this if there is an option to disable them / force vanilla skins client-side.

+1 on this especially for competitive matchmaking. I rather not be able to see the rifle before the person lol also i rather make it fair all across the board. In public servers you can have them on/off via server. Client side is ok for those who want "realism".

Edited by DukeNukem
  • Upvote 3

Flyinghigh    6
10 hours ago, ToonBE said:

Sure why not!

the stickers can be a bit better though:p (and tradable)

+1 but I disagree they should be tradable because then it wouldn't mean anything because I could trade just to get a sticker or whatever it may be that I never attended. It would take the point of it away.

• Upvote 1