Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Freakshow

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

Recommended Posts

So I've been playing this pretty solidly for the past 3/4days. For those of you that like Battle Royale type games, you've probably already heard of this. I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea but just thought I'd share the game for those that aren't aware and are twiddling their thumbs waiting for Battalion. I'd played H1Z1 KotK but the lack of development/depth kept me from going back. I'd also seen a few other Battle Royale type games over time (havn't ever played the original ArmA mod) and none of them ever really gripped me but I have to say this has been a blast so far. Highly recommend it.

I've mainly played Duo's but a few more friends have picked this up over the weekend and have played a few squad games too. Managed to pick up back to back wins in duos on Saturday and it was probably the most fun I've had in a game in a long time, despite how incredibly tense these types of game are haha.

There are a few bugs, mainly with the directional audio being a bit sketchy at times but it has only just released to Early Access and is fairly solid for being at that point in it's development.

Website link for those that want to have a look - https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

been thinking about picking up this game.....ive played ALOT of playerunkown's battle royal in arma 3. It was ALOT of fun. Amma gather up some cash and probably get it, when i do ill let you know so we can link up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been thinking about it but I think I am going to wait another few months. I have been buy EA games for the past 2 years and I promised myself BAT44 would be the last for a bit. I am just tired of playing buggy games. I want a finished product or at least semi finished.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xXclusiivE has a solid point. It's a great game, pretty fun, but it seems a lot of games now a days want a hefty price tag of 20-30 dollars for early access, and then they never end up finishing the game. H1Z1 KotK is a great example of game that had huge potential, and was pretty fun, but the constant bugs, and problems made it unbearable at times. So far with Pubg they have been implementing real updates that fix problems, so I have a bit more faith in it, but who knows it may end up being another KotK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really damn sceptic at first. Then I noticed almost all of my friends started playing this game. I though it would flop just like DayZ or something.

But now it's the only game I'm playing on the side of HOTS. 

I highly recommend the game, it's already really good even though it's early access.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vozER said:

I was really damn sceptic at first. Then I noticed almost all of my friends started playing this game. I though it would flop just like DayZ or something.

But now it's the only game I'm playing on the side of HOTS. 

I highly recommend the game, it's already really good even though it's early access.

Right?! I was not gonna buy it until about 5-6 months after its steam release to get all the bugs ironed out but I ended up getting it anyway seeing that 8 people on my friends list were playing it. So far I have won 1 solo, 4 duos and 2 squad games and the game is quite addicting. One easily in my top 5 best EA games I have purchased and with each update the game just gets better.

EDIT: In my opinion the game is worth the buy at its current price.

Edited by xXclusiivE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Right?! I was not gonna buy it until about 5-6 months after its steam release to get all the bugs ironed out but I ended up getting it anyway seeing that 8 people on my friends list were playing it. So far I have won 1 solo, 4 duos and 2 squad games and the game is quite addicting. One easily in my top 5 best EA games I have purchased and with each update the game just gets better.

EDIT: In my opinion the game is worth the buy at its current price.

Exactly. I haven't yet won a single solo (but have come second too many times), 2 duos and 12 squads on EU.
My stats: https://pubg.me/vozER (thos KDA's in NA though).

A thing worth mentioning: they are updating the game REALLY fast and they listen and communicate with the community all the time. It's really great to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those KDA's in EU are impressive enough haha! Mine hover around 1.1 - 1.3 on average for all modes beside duo. What is the ping like for someone in EU playing on the NA servers? I'd like to try a EU match some time. You have so many matches played xP

https://pubg.me/Vergy @vozER

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep sayin for a Bat44 PUBG squad but NOOOOOO lolol

I play in EU once and a while but it does seem a hell of a lot easier than on the NA servers though. First time i played on the EU i won the duo and there was no lag. On the NA server i think there are more cheaters (and lag) because there are times i put my crosshair right on a stationary player, shoot, tracer goes through the player, turns around, and nails me in one shot. Maybe it was lag, no idea, but I would have won a hell of a lot more games if those situations didn't happen to me.

Anyone else having lag issues though? By lag issues i mean your character is jumping in the direction you are walking. So you are moving and then all of a sudden its like a rubberband lag problem but instead of backwards you go the direction you were walking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DukeNukem said:

I keep sayin for a Bat44 PUBG squad but NOOOOOO lolol 

I haven't even noticed but I haven't been too active on here the past month. Waiting for the Alpha before I come back full time again and now that COD will give me my casual WWII fix I can focus on BAT44 giving me my full competitive fix xD

I play in EU once and a while but it does seem a hell of a lot easier than on the NA servers though. First time i played on the EU i won the duo and there was no lag. On the NA server i think there are more cheaters (and lag) because there are times i put my crosshair right on a stationary player, shoot, tracer goes through the player, turns around, and nails me in one shot. Maybe it was lag, no idea, but I would have won a hell of a lot more games if those situations didn't happen to me.

Anyone else having lag issues though? By lag issues i mean your character is jumping in the direction you are walking. So you are moving and then all of a sudden its like a rubberband lag problem but instead of backwards you go the direction you were walking.

I might try a EU server today. I do have those issues. this morning it happened but It only happened for maybe 5 seconds then the rest of the match was fine. A month ago it was horrid tho.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

 

I gotch you on steam don't i? i know you see me playin! 

Its been constant for me, all the time....its a killer but the good part is, it stops (sometimes) during a firefight. I feel like it only does it when other players are around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DukeNukem said:

I gotch you on steam don't i? i know you see me playin! 

Its been constant for me, all the time....its a killer but the good part is, it stops (sometimes) during a firefight. I feel like it only does it when other players are around

Yes you do! haha but I haven't been very active the past 3 weeks. Been dealing with some personal things so I hopes on each to and squeezed in some RL for like 30 mins but I'm back playing a lot now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xXclusiivE said:

Yes you do! haha but I haven't been very active the past 3 weeks. Been dealing with some personal things so I hopes on each to and squeezed in some RL for like 30 mins but I'm back playing a lot now.

Ah well i hope everything turned out well and you are good to go! Shoot me a message if you wanna get some games in when im on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://pubg.me/FreakshowJsy

Didn't know there was a stats site like this so thanks @vozER

Yeah I'm totally done with solo at least until the stats reset :P.

K/Ds aren't impressive but I/the squad I roll with do tend to have a bit more of a cautious approach. I'm all about positioning :P haha. In a way that's one of the reasons I like this game, there are several ways of approaching it and all are viable.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xXclusiivE said:

Those KDA's in EU are impressive enough haha! Mine hover around 1.1 - 1.3 on average for all modes beside duo. What is the ping like for someone in EU playing on the NA servers? I'd like to try a EU match some time. You have so many matches played xP

https://pubg.me/Vergy @vozER

The ping feels actually surprisingly good. Can't feel much of a difference on EU-servers. EU-servers are desyncing and lagging currently so bad, that it's better to play in NA-servers right now. 

And thanks for the compliments, hehe! ^^ 

1 hour ago, DukeNukem said:

I keep sayin for a Bat44 PUBG squad but NOOOOOO lolol

I play in EU once and a while but it does seem a hell of a lot easier than on the NA servers though. First time i played on the EU i won the duo and there was no lag. On the NA server i think there are more cheaters (and lag) because there are times i put my crosshair right on a stationary player, shoot, tracer goes through the player, turns around, and nails me in one shot. Maybe it was lag, no idea, but I would have won a hell of a lot more games if those situations didn't happen to me.

Anyone else having lag issues though? By lag issues i mean your character is jumping in the direction you are walking. So you are moving and then all of a sudden its like a rubberband lag problem but instead of backwards you go the direction you were walking.

I have exactly the opposite experience. NA feels like trash compared to EU. For me, EU-players have been camping a lot more and playing more defensively / slowly (which is a little weakness for me since I like to get in to the fights pretty fast).

EU lags for me at times, NA - not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vozER said:

I have exactly the opposite experience. NA feels like trash compared to EU. For me, EU-players have been camping a lot more and playing more defensively / slowly (which is a little weakness for me since I like to get in to the fights pretty fast).

EU lags for me at times, NA - not so much.

Hmm, idk. Its wierd in the EU server my shots connect every time, well much more than NA. No bullets pass through anyone lol yea they camp a hell of alot more but if i get a SKS or Kar98 with a 4x or 8x they dont usually last lol the only thing i have trouble with, it seems to me its lag, is when im in a close range fight (NA or EU servers) the shots may seem to connect but they dont damage the other person. 

Example would be i put 3 pump shotgon hits with no choke at max effective range while the enemy had no armor but didnt go down. Meanwhile i nail his buddy beyond effective range with no choke same weapon twice and gows down....idk is it RNG?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Freakshow said:

https://pubg.me/FreakshowJsy

Didn't know there was a stats site like this so thanks @vozER

Yeah I'm totally done with solo at least until the stats reset :P.

K/Ds aren't impressive but I/the squad I roll with do tend to have a bit more of a cautious approach. I'm all about positioning :P haha. In a way that's one of the reasons I like this game, there are several ways of approaching it and all are viable.

You're very welcome :) It hasn't been online more than 2 weeks or so.

I like going Solo every now and then since I don't have to wait for my team to die to get to play again, hehe ^^ 

This game is perfect for me to get more patient in FPS-games in general :) Exactly, you can go "full ham" or be really tactical and thinking every option and move you make. Or go something in between.

I'm totally hooked in this game

Edited by vozER
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×