Jeebs    11

If the pc port is half decent this game could be amazing for a month or two until they stop supporting the game to work on the next cod "Call of Duty Cave Warfare"

i'll give it a look, but my monies on Destiny 2 and Battalion 1944.

vozER    108

They should have given this project to some other than Sledgehammer Games 

To be honest, it looks like any of the newer CoDs, but it's WW2. 

Just a few things that comes out of my head:
+ Variety on weapons
+ The athmoshpere is really nice
+ Might be fun for casual gamers
+ Game modes

- Generally: same shit on different package
- Too low recoil on most of the weapons
- The sounds are... really off for some reason.
- Planes
- The maps don't seem to support competitive gaming too much (needs more sharp corners, needs more room for the player to move around, too many "tunnels" guiding where to go, needs more different heights where the player can go
- Player models too big with the low recoil makes them too easy to hit
- Maybe it's just me, but there's too much crap flying around in the graphics / "too much unnecessary detail" that makes the character models hard to see
- Bullets look like lasers when they fly. They're too thick and long
- I know the gameplay is on Playstation, but does the movement seem a little... clunky?
- Should be swastikas, a lot less female soldiers. It just feels weird hearing a girl shouting all the time in WW2
- Just spray wherever you want, no need to aim to head 
- The same dull death animation with a slight blur. Come on guys.
- It seems really claustrophobic 
- The medals after kills could be a lot smaller
- I just utterly hate these killstreak bonus stuff... beacon that shows enemies on the map... artillery... planes where you can shoot yourself with marks where to shoot... just ridiculous (even in public servers).
- Same problem as with the previous "newer cods". The gameplay is just... timing. 

-+ Are there gonna be dedicated servers?
-+ Do they support modding?
-+ Is there going to be silly skins?

Again, these are just my opinions. If you're glad about how the new CoD looks like, then good for you. 

For me, it's been disappointments after disappointments so honestly I have 0 trust on Activision and with the CoD series nowadays. Pretty sure I'm not gonna buy this.

• Upvote 3

WeAsOne    226

For me it's a PS4 casual game to shoot with some hyped friends.. It's still a good thing it doesn't compare to Battalion ;)

Battalion will be my competitive PC game :D

• Upvote 2

Farq-S    378

anyone expecting competitive elements in a CoD game these days are deluding themselves.

CoD has been firmly in the casual bracket since CoD4. the CoD championships organised by MLG/Activision was nothing more than a marketing gimmick to sell more games. CoD = casual and i'm happy with that. why do you think Bat44 shifted more to the competitive? if the devs didn't do that they'd be head-to-head with CoD and would disappear without a trace.

it's actually a good thing CoD and Bat44 don't compare, not a bad thing.

Edited by Farq-S
  • Upvote 3

skitelo    52
4 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

I stated about 3 months ago that when they say back to there roots they were meaning back too the COD4/CODWAW days not COD2 but noooo nobody agreed, well look what we have! <3

COD4 or WAW were quality games. Please don't compare them to COD WW2 :D

4 hours ago, xXclusiivE said:

They stated in the Q&A today that the single player will have swastikas and such to keep it historically accurate but the multiplayer will not due to obvious reasons from other countries and there laws so female soldiers will only exist in the French Resistance in SP but MP is an open book for creativity.

Obvious reason... Political correctness, my ass. Going this way, in 50 years nobody will remember that it was Germans who started WW2. People will call them "nazis" instead...  Same bullshit as "polish death camps". Just my 2 cents.

Connard    14
2 hours ago, vozER said:

-+ Are there gonna be dedicated servers?
-+ Do they support modding?
-+ Is there going to be silly skins?

Probably : no, no, yes :/

vozER    108
1 hour ago, Farq-S said:

CoD has been firmly in the casual bracket since CoD4. the CoD championships organised by MLG/Activision was nothing more than a marketing gimmick to sell more games. CoD = casual and i'm happy with that. why do you think Bat44 shifted more to the competitive? if the devs didn't do that they'd be head-to-head with CoD and would disappear without a trace.

Let's be fair, I've not expected any competitive elements from CoD since CoD4 ;) CoD-series has always been a let-down since that. 

It can stay casual, it's not like I'd give any support to CoD anymore. I don't mind it.

BAT44 is shifted to be more competitive exactly for the reasons they've been saying since the kickstarted began. 

I'm just expressing some thoughts.

It definitely is a good thing CoD and Bat44 don't compare. Agreed, buddy.

WeAsOne    226

The scope of cod ww2 seems a bit strange.. I prefer the scope from Battalion 1944:

• Upvote 1

vozER    108
7 minutes ago, WeAsOne said:

The scope of cod ww2 seems a bit strange.. I prefer the scope from Battalion 1944:

Battalion scope.png

That scope reminds me of Call of Duty: United Offensive's scope :)
500px-CoDUOFlammenwerfer35.JPG

xXclusiivE    3
2 hours ago, Farq-S said:

anyone expecting competitive elements in a CoD game these days are deluding themselves.

Exactly and for me that is just perfect. I don't have time to dedicate at becoming amazing at a video game. Between 12hr work days and going out a socializing with friends when I come home and kick back my feet and play 30-90 mins of COD just to bow off some steam and shoot the sh*t with buddies then that's all I need.

2 hours ago, skitelo said:

COD4 or WAW were quality games. Please don't compare them to COD WW2 :D

Obvious reason... Political correctness, my ass. Going this way, in 50 years nobody will remember that it was Germans who started WW2. People will call them "nazis" instead...  Same bullshit as "polish death camps". Just my 2 cents.

So far it doesn't really look different then either besides COD4 because its modern.

I've yet to see the big deal about female soldiers or swastikas.. I guess its just me but in no way is it a deal breaker lol.

EDIT: the PC community is just ripping into the game. Over and PC Gamer there is an article and all the people are just straight up ripping about female soldiers, swastikas and how its not anything like COD2 and on the console side they are all in love with the game so far lmao.

Edited by xXclusiivE
  • Upvote 1

Farq-S    378

i just noticed there's no cross-hairs in this gameplay

Edited by Farq-S

mazh    83

Rest in Peace Call of Duty 1 and 2, you will forever be remembered as one of the best FPS's ever

• Upvote 2

mmiedzianyy    6

There are crosshairs @Farq-S?

And no - cod1 and 2 will live forever. Majority thought that it will be the same after WAW, but time shown that this games are too good to become retired.

Farq-S    378
Just now, mmiedzianyy said:

There are crosshairs @Farq-S?

And no - cod1 and 2 will live forever. Majority thought that it will be the same after WAW, but time shown that this games are too good to become retired.

those are hit-markers, not cross-hairs.

Farq-S    378
Just now, mmiedzianyy said:

How do you understand crosshairs?

the 4 lines in the shape of a cross that appear on the screen when you are running around not firing your weapon.

skitelo    52

Lol, red dot sight.  And you guys complained about skins or incorrect way of aiming down the sight with mp-40 in Battalion :D

Farq-S    378
2 minutes ago, mmiedzianyy said:

Yeah, there are crosshairs :D

Adjust your resolution maybe?

oh my! you are right. i see them now. thx.

xXclusiivE    3
2 hours ago, skitelo said:

Lol, red dot sight.  And you guys complained about skins or incorrect way of aiming down the sight with mp-40 in Battalion :D

I mean there were prototypes during WWII, they just didn't use them during the war. The dot was black and not red though. Nice try attempting to bring up a past argument in order to start another argument though xD

Here

Edited by xXclusiivE

vozER    108
3 hours ago, mazh said:

Rest in Peace Call of Duty 1 and 2, you will forever be remembered as one of the best FPS's ever

Amen, my brother. Amen.

xXclusiivE    3
50 minutes ago, vozER said:

Amen, my brother. Amen.

Gonna have to go with COD4 being the best but its all just peoples opinions. 

• Upvote 1

RLpacifist    72

I would agree, it doesn't look that bad in general, but I sense those infamous dumb down features are still in place. So, why even bother...

I mean, it's perfectly fine designing gameplay in a way to satisfy casual needs primarily, but COD has reached a level even I don't feel being addressed anymore. God knows I'm not much of a competitive guy really, but just considering the sheer amount of silly rewards/medals that keep popping right into your face for seemingly any single action performed is enough of a hint that nothing has changed in that department.

Most certainly, the game will again sell like hot cakes with ice cream topping and I believe a lot of players will wholeheartedly enjoy the game for what it is. However, I have never been much into the franchise actually and this iteration doesn't look anything like changing that.

DarkMortyr    83
19 hours ago, BlueSmiley said:

I can feel the reviews coming in at november:

IGN: Wow! I feel like a kid again! 9.7/10

... :ph34r:

• Upvote 3