CplDixon

Vehicle Map design on Battalion and french translation

CplDixon    8

Hello, i think there will be none-playable vehicles on the maps of Battalion,like Jeep,2.5TON truck etc...

I want to introduce my self about this and propose help and advise to the game dev..

I'm a ww2 vehicle collector(US) and specialized in us ww2 vehicle marking and authenticity, i got thousand pages of ressources about ww2 us vehicles and i ll be very enjoy to help and be an advisor for the game dev about the us ww2 vehicles on the map to get the best accuracy and realism about these objects on the map..

There are many ww2 games that own bad non playable vehicle and no realistic design(due to no original ressouces and pics use...)Battalion has a big potential and i really want to be involved in the dev for us ww2 vehicles advisor..

I don't need any money for doing this,it's my passion,I just want to make Battalion the most accurate game never done!

Expert eyes will instantly see the mistakes on vehicles,uniformes,insigna,vehicles tacticals marking and many other thing...

Also i can help the dev to make a good and complète french translation for the vanilla game for free too,I'm really interested by helping for the devs and i think i can help you .

I hope devs will  read this message.

Kind regards

CplDixon

PS: Sorry for my poor english i'm french.

Edited by CplDixon
  • Upvote 4

WolfEnstein    212

That's a kind offer for the Devs to consider, Dixon. What's your favourite WWII vehicle that you've collected or restored so far?

Razor    370

That's a great offer @CplDixon and the community member @Oldboy already gives great feedback on uniforms and details:)

I'm gonna hang around here for some pictures :)

Edited by Razor

CplDixon    8

Hello,sorry for my late answer,i've been busy for the lastest days

So,my favoriteS vehicles are especially heavy ww2 vehicles but i'm specialized in all US ww2 vehicles.

My father own ww2 vehicles for the 35 past years,actually we rebuilt a ww2 us wrecker(Diamond T 969A)at the moment ,will post a pics of my last technical authenticity work .

My father has restored,3 ww2 Jeeps,1 Dodge WC,1 GMC,1Diamond T(actually) and a DUKW Amphibious truck is on the waitlist,we have restored a couple of trailers too(includes a rare ammo trailer)

I can obtained many technical data about the vehicles(size,interior,exterior marking data,tires patterns...)I think i can help the devs, it'll be really great for me to be involved in this beautiful game.

As i can see Oldboy, for an example for the others members, the lateral marking(called shipping marking) is not reglementary(position,font size,fonts)..It's not a reglementary marking,it's a common practise in the US ARMY a contrario of the German Army that respect the regulation.Hood number is also not reglemntary by font and font size

My last work (fresh paint from this morning),i've done research about the original number(registration number) that my truck owned during ww2 and here is the result.

From this number i've find the contract order number,the production order number and an approximatively date by year and month

Quick explain

00:Utility service truck like wrecker,bomb truck...

10790:it's the number assignated to my truck in the contract,this contract got from 10000 to 10900,i can determine easy that my truck is the 790th truck of this contract and place my truck at the end of the contract and determine that he is from Early 1943(probably January or early february)

I hope my post will be follow by devs,i'm also here for you to maje a complete french translation for the game, i can help

Kind Regards

Dixon

17571698_1543881938979627_1052776131_o.jpg

The truck before restoration

dscn0310.jpg

Beautiful engine after rebuilt

IMAG0548.jpg

Edited by CplDixon
  • Upvote 2

Hey CplDixon! That's awesome thanks for posting some of your work. Very cool.

However; the reason a lot of vehicles in game maps (ours included) are often incorrect is to keep the shapes basic. 

We're working on a tractor right now for instance, and this particular tractor has a few gaps in the engine and wheels, in-game people would be able to see through the gaps and shoot people almost without being seen. 

Look at the two images I attached, one is a work in progress render of a tractor we're modelling. The other is the reference for the type of tractor we're using. 

Can you see how blocky we make the tractor? Can you see how many gaps and holes and OP peak spots are in the reference tractor? Personally I think this is a good decision what do you guys think? 
We've gone for gameplay first.

@ToonBE do you remember the changes they made to the fork lift on Cache? That's what we have in mind.

tratr.png

tratr2.png

• Upvote 6

ToonBE    254
10 minutes ago, [DEV] BRAMMERTRON said:

Hey CplDixon! That's awesome thanks for posting some of your work. Very cool.

However; the reason a lot of vehicles in game maps (ours included) are often incorrect is to keep the shapes basic. 

We're working on a tractor right now for instance, and this particular tractor has a few gaps in the engine and wheels, in-game people would be able to see through the gaps and shoot people almost without being seen. 

Look at the two images I attached, one is a work in progress render of a tractor we're modelling. The other is the reference for the type of tractor we're using. 

Can you see how blocky we make the tractor? Can you see how many gaps and holes and OP peak spots are in the reference tractor? Personally I think this is a good decision what do you guys think? 
We've gone for gameplay first.

@ToonBE do you remember the changes they made to the fork lift on Cache? That's what we have in mind.

tratr.png

tratr2.png

Yups, but fork is still a hard position to play I think :P (but that is just me).

I couldnt agree more with what you are saying. It is the only correct point of view imo.

Edited by ToonBE

jcuz    99

Definitely agree with the philosophy of gameplay first. nobody likes getting shot through little pixel gaps 

• Upvote 2

sNrklhaai    49

looking good imo, gameplay first. Nobody ever liked the tankhole...  Though i'm wondering what about the graphics in BAT1944, will it be like the screenshots shared last week or is this the current state and still to improve? Is BAT1944 all about gameplay and graphics comes second. Or can we expect a lot still graphics wise? Thanks in advance.

ToonBE    254
36 minutes ago, sNrklhaai said:

looking good imo, gameplay first. Nobody ever liked the tankhole...  Though i'm wondering what about the graphics in BAT1944, will it be like the screenshots shared last week or is this the current state and still to improve? Is BAT1944 all about gameplay and graphics comes second. Or can we expect a lot still graphics wise? Thanks in advance.

Gameplay and graphics go hand in hand.

The graphics are focused on competitve play: bright, crisp and good visibility. The gameplay trailer will eliminate a lot of speculation, but the previous VOD showed some gameplay in the background and to me it looked they are going into the right direction.

• Upvote 2

sNrklhaai    49
5 minutes ago, ToonBE said:

Gameplay and graphics go hand in hand.

The graphics are focused on competitve play: bright, crisp and good visibility. The gameplay trailer will eliminate a lot of speculation, but the previous VOD showed some gameplay in the background and to me it looked they are going into the right direction.

Thanks, I understand. You can certainly looks at graphics in that direction. I was just wondering what BAT1944 will be for people who are searching for  2k17 graphics ( maybe graphics like battlefield), and not only for graphics that fit gameplay best. For me I like the best gameplay, but good looking characters and maps is nice aswell. :)

LysoO    14
4 hours ago, sNrklhaai said:

I was just wondering what BAT1944 will be for people who are searching for  2k17 graphics..

IMO lot of CS players play newer games... and there is a huge difference between CS and modern games graphics and no one is complaining about it ... its simple = lot of people like it. BUT cs is running on old engine what makes game less optimized for low-end pcs.

Stylized and less demanding graphics is better than realistic graphics like bf1 has. TBH i dont like bf1 graphics at all..

Every frame counts!!

• Upvote 2